Why does my MIG tends to fly nose up?

Kenan

It happens quite often during flight. It's nose just goes up and I have to struggle to keep it on straight level. I reset my trimmers, I check if altitude hold is ON..nothing helps.

Any idea what may be causing this?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

Guest IguanaKing

If you are resetting your trim, depending on your airspeed, this may make the problem worse. Depending on your airspeed, you will need to use your elevator trim up or down to maintain level flight without stick pressure.

The MiG-29 needs to be constantly trimmed to get the best out it. It is even stated in the 1.1 manual that the MiG-29 needs to be trimmed to perform at it's best in dogfights. Rest assured it's not a flaw or bug with the game, joystick or controll settings.

I remember reading an interview of an ex F-4 pilot who had moved over to the F-15 and apart from the obvious praises over the F-4 he stated that he used to always wear out the right thumbs in his flight gloves because of always having to trim the F-4. The F-15 has auto trim and only needs to be trimmed for battle damage and asymetrical loadouts, like putting a drop tank and 2 120s on one wing and just 2 sidewinders or nothing on the other.

It happens quite often during flight. It's nose just goes up and I have to struggle to keep it on straight level. I reset my trimmers, I check if altitude hold is ON..nothing helps.

Any idea what may be causing this?

I've noticed this too, and no matter how much you try to trim it down it doesn't help, am I right?

Does this happen when you're using the some of the different autopilot modes?

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

Also, doubt this is the case, but make sure you don't have auto-altitude hold on. I've forgotten I've had this on after a long cruise, and I try to nose down or something, then after a second the airplane violently noses back up to level. But I agree with everyone above, sounds more like a trim issue.

Stupid thermals...

Too bad it takes about 1 min to trim with the keys

You can use alt-hold to trim for level flight, then turn it off but still the mig is twitchy especially if it is loaded out light, eg for aerobatics breadfan ;)

After disabling Auto-Alt, be aware that the pitch trim is NOT in neutral position. You have to manually reset the pitch trimmer by CTRL-T. You can see it on the warning panel: two greens appear when disabling Auto-Alt, but the third green in the middle only appears after manually resetting the pitch trim.

kind regards,

Raven....

[sigpic]http://www.crc-mindreader.de/CRT/images/Birds2011.gif[/sigpic]

After disabling Auto-Alt, be aware that the pitch trim is NOT in neutral position. You have to manually reset the pitch trimmer by CTRL-T. You can see it on the warning panel: two greens appear when disabling Auto-Alt, but the third green in the middle only appears after manually resetting the pitch trim.

Thats the point, you can use it to automatically trim your pitch for level flight, at the speed and paytload you currently have.

Of course, if you use alt hold for other reasons, you must reset your trim when you want to dive and climb and turn.