Announcing Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3

Wags

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I respect your opinion, but I personally would pay every cent for it just because of the improved landing physics and 6DOF F-15C cockpit. Those 2 things alone, in my opinion, are worth the money.

+1

totally agree is too expensive for something that does nothing or almost nothing

Yes, DCSW will soon allow unlimited online play for the Su-25T, regardless of a DCS purchase. This is a new change.

good choice ! its crucial to have more people in MP !

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

A-10C is 2008. That argument has been used over and over and is an excuse for features that were borked to even up the gameplay. Back on topic, are the missing radar modes being added to the F-15? I don't mind paying to bring FC into the DCS series. I think it will unify the community again. ED however should fix the things they screwed up or should have fixed in previous incarnations of the sim. I'm happy about any cockpit or graphic upgrade, but I'd prefer they fix what (IMHO) killed Fc2. 1) the ridiculously horrible performance of ARH missiles, amraam in particular. 2) flying below 20 meters making you impossible to be hit with a missile. 3) The aforementioned ECM issues ranging from the ridiculous warm up to prevent macro users to denying any kind of radar lock till within 10 miles. 4) effectiveness of beaming and how easy lock is lost. Didn't have to be a perfect beam, as long as you were within 25° of the notch it worked. Not to mention how long it took to reacquire the signal when the a/c left the notch. 5) chaff rejection is no where close to real world performance. Countermeasures in general either under or over perform depending which that you use. There are more that I'll post later but it would be nice if we could get some kind of official reply about these issues. I'd like to buy FC3 but not if it was the dog that FC2 was. LOMAC before the first patch had better weapon performance.

You think that amraam is the worst missile?!? And that it being underpowered killed FC2? You ser must be eather the bigest noob or the biggest troll i ever seen! :doh:

Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.2Ghz, 8GB Kingston HyperX @1.6GHz, Ati Radeon HD7870 2GB GDDR5, 19' 1440x900 screen

The AMRAAM in FC2 was much improved over what we saw in FC1. They uped maximum speed from Mach 2.5 to 3'ish and that made a lot of difference (still wrong though, they usually hit Mach 4+, or more if the launcher is flying faster).

Now in FC3 all missiles will take in account altitude, launch speed, and gravity assist. It will be fun to see how tactics will change, low flyiers will feel compelled to fly higher.

Edited by Pilotasso

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Though, note that if you are using something like the Saitek profiler there might not be much needed to change in the profile, since that profiler translates your buttons/switches into keyboard commands, and most of these will be similar or the same as before. (Though I haven't checked exactly which ones may have changed.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

How will FC 3 aircraft interact with the current DCS:World modules? For instance, with the advent of FC 2 the radar signature of the Ka-50 was altered, effectively eliminating any return from the blades (or so that is my understanding). Are we going to have to deal with this sort of thing again?

Trev, there is no "HUD fix" in the press release. (A "fix" inticates that a bug has been solved, that's not what what we're talking about here.)

From the press release:

"Updated and improved HUDs and other cockpit systems."

Some of this you can see in the accompanying screenshots. I expect more details will be released in due course.

Edited by EtherealN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

No it won't(Hope I'm wrong),as far as I know,the F15 simulated in FC3 is pre 2000-2005,same goes with the

flanker.If they decided to give the Eagle JHMCS then they should upgrade su27 to su27M with new radar,

r77 launch capability,and AG ordenance,and so on...

Yeah good point but since we have the A-10C which came out in 2005 maybe there is hope. If not, no big deal just a thought.

[sigpic][/sigpic]

US Air Force Retired, 1C371

No rank or title will ever be as important as the unit patch you wear.

I expect to pay for the development of FC3.. but I'm surprised at the pricing for this, probably twice what i thought it would be and should be. Being the 3rd incarnation of Flaming Cliffs.

IMO there should be a pricing structure that takes the previous purchases of Flaming Cliffs into account.

• Like 1

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

You think that amraam is the worst missile?!? And that it being underpowered killed FC2? You ser must be eather the bigest noob or the biggest troll i ever seen! :doh:

No response to refute my claims except to insult? How mature! Are you mad, bro? I add to my previous statement: it's childish individuals in this community such as yourself that were a large problem as well.;)

Trev, manfrez, as you can see in the screenshots, there's been a change in how the HUDs are "painted" - the FC3 aircraft have had their HUD systems reimplemented in the same system as is used in DCS aircraft; that is, instead of the old wireframe models.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Well, I am not impressed with FC 3. I've been buying ED's products because of Flanker, Fulcrum and Frogfoot. And I don't see anything done for those three. Importing FC 2 aircraft (already existing code) to DCS world does not make me feel spending money.

As mentioned earlier on this thread, the missile AFM is DCS feature, not FC 3 feature, and I don't see why is that listed as a NEW feature of FC 3?

It looks like FC 3 is a product for new comers.

Going back to reading MiG-21 manual ... :smilewink:

• Like 1

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Well, I am not impressed with FC 3. I've been buying ED's products because of Flanker, Fulcrum and Frogfoot. And I don't see anything done for those three. Importing FC 2 aircraft (already existing code) to DCS world does not make me feel spending money.

As mentioned earlier on this thread, the missile AFM is DCS feature, not FC 3 feature, and I don't see why is that listed as a NEW feature of FC 3?

It looks like FC 3 is a product for new comers.

Going back to reading MiG-21 manual ... :smilewink:

You are 100% right....per Wags post: FC3 aircraft provide an easy learning curve for new players and focuses on a broad range of aircraft rather than a detailed single aircraft.

No sense to let FC/FC2 die alone. Why should they not just update a few aircraft and re-release to DCSW standard so we can once again have every ED product multiplayer compatible. If MP isn't your thing and you already own FC2 well the updated F15 is still a semi decent reason to upgrade...

Edited by Slayer

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

Veljko, you seem to not have read this thread (understandable given it's size), so I'll reiterate:

1) The missile AFM was developed specifically for FC3. No FC3, no missile AFM.

2) All aircraft have seen attention in several aspects.

2b) This includes reimplementation of HUDs, systems overhauls (though true, not everyone's pet peeve made the cut), etcetera etcetera.

3) "Importing FC 2 aircraft" is not a matter of just copy-pasting some documents into a file structure. If you believe it is, go ahead an do it yourself. ;) (I'm being facetious there of course, you can't - that's the point; as you know, FC2 was actually not made with the DCS World modular system in mind. That means, to get them in there ED needed to do a lot of work to port that code over to the new modular codebase.)

Nothing is free in software development, and even things that look simple from the outside can require quite a bit of work.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester