Announcing Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3

Wags

Not sure what you are trying to say there Frostie.

First: those numbers are so small they're useless even within the subset of customers that check these forums. 51st server is one server, with a bias based on who operates it, propose controls for this? I mean, if you want I could describe the aircraft usage in 44th servers (pretty much 100% F-15C), and... what have I then said? I've said that 44th likes F-15's. :P I've not reached any conclusion about the overall popularity of any aircraft.

Seriously, elementary statistics! ;)

Anyhow, the point is that none of us posting in here right now have access to proper numbers. Yes, this includes servers that run statistics. They are 100% useless to answering this question, for reasons stated by me and others previously in this thread.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all due respect Frostie, referring to a squadron with CCCP in the patch and saying a russian bird is the most popular aircraft is a no brainer to me.

If I were ED I would've given the Su-27 the new cockpit. But complaining won't change the fact that they decided to update the F-15. And tbh, I will have as much fun in the Su-27 anyway. :)

• Like 1

i7 8700K | GTX 1080 Ti | 32GB RAM | 500GB M.2 SSD | TIR5 w/ Trackclip Pro | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder

[sigpic]http://www.132virtualwing.org[/sigpic]

Nothing here but surveys nonetheless.

Fixed that for you. ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

During the month of August the top 50 pilots in the 51st server that flew a collective of almost 1000 hours, these were the predominate choice of aircraft.

Su27 = 24 players

F-15 = 16

MiG29 = 5

evenly varied = 5

The 51st server runs a limited missile selection. That's why.

(HJ)

51st server is one server, with a bias based on who operates it, propose controls for this? I mean, if you want I could describe the aircraft usage in 44th servers (pretty much 100% F-15C), and... what have I then said? I've said that 44th likes F-15's.

The 51st server saw 903 players last month how many F-15 pilots flew on the 44th, maybe if I add those 4 F-15 guys onto the 903 we'll get 907 players with a still predominately flown Su-27. That's two servers now.:P

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

The 51st server runs a limited missile selection. That's why.

The would be one of those 'etceteras' EtherealN mentioned. ;)

If you want to use a very small subset of a population (be they "residents of country X" or "players of game Y") towards figuring out the general attitudes of the whole population, you need to apply controls to make sure that your cohort is actually representative, not viable to errors through chance, confirmation bias in the reporter, etcetera etcetera.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Frostie, you're not getting it...

Yes, that's two servers. Both are useless in answering the question, indeed they are both worse than useless since they both include uncontrolled confounding factors that are known to have a huge impact on the result. Two counts of useless does not equal information. ;) This is, as I said, the absolute basics of statistics.

Now let's return to a topic that can actually yield productive results.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Frostie, you're not getting it...

Yes, that's two servers. Both are useless in answering the question, indeed they are both worse than useless since they both include uncontrolled confounding factors that are known to have a huge impact on the result. Two counts of useless does not equal information. ;) This is, as I said, the absolute basics of statistics.

Now let's return to a topic that can actually yield productive results.

I'm sorry you don't get it, ED felt that the F-15 was the most popular not that it is the most popular.

Sometimes I don't feel like getting out of bed in the morning, don't mean i'm right.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Can you elaborate on that?

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Are you sure the F-15 is the most popular. Maybe you means the most popular in the real life, so you have rights. The Su-27 and Mig-29 are much more popular than the F-15, if we speak about FC2, so I though you work thinking in your customers all right.

I think Wags got this right when he said it. Although I like the Su-33 the best because bombs and carrier ops.

The price is not the problem. The problem here is that we dont receive what we expect. I am sure we will pay much more if we receive the same treatment. This is a "combat simulator " and how will feel the russian pilots after all that???

The problem??? what problem.... we didn't expect to get FC3, FC3 is a bonus and I'm happy that we are getting it. Do you understand that the 15 as been neutered and got a lil better in FC2. It's still missing tons of functions, but I won't get into that. There are improvements that will effect all aircraft in FC3. It would be nice to have a 6DOF pit for every aircraft, but Wags already said that would take too long.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

As long as they keep mentioning FC3 is pretty much on topic. :smartass:

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

You do not need to purchase FC2. You need to purchase LOMAC, ie LockOn Modern Air Combat.

Edit: Here's 6 copies from Amazon at a fiver each:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000083OJ1/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=103612307&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000VOOULU&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=0P32EAXRWH3TZRZKQT0R

Don't worry about title - it's the same thing.

Thanks, but the price wasn't my issue. I want it in one download and 1 install.

The OP also says MAC or a previous version of FC2???

I think it is awesome that TFC/ED continue to release product and are working to make their products play together for the benefit of all.

Sure it's going to take some time for everyone to get what they want but they have a strategy and so far making everything work in DCS World makes perfect sense to me.

Also I think it is premature to form an opinion before the product is released and reviewed. "Don't judge a book by it's cover" comes to mind.

As WAGs says in his signature "EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE"

Edited by Sabre-TLA

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Is there any chance of an all inclusive combined purchase of FC2 and FC3 for people who haven't had previous titles. Not worried about discount, just lazy about making 2 downloads and installations. I'd rather get it in one lump.

Will the training missions be included in the download without having to download patch files and separate sound files?

I love the games, I just sometimes tire of the arsing about that comes with them.:)

Glowing Amraam is doing a video isnt he?

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Awesome news. I am pretty dizzy now after reading this whole topic. But im gonna get FC 3 for sure and hope some russ planes will be updated in the future aswell.

Also.. They say FC 3 wont be targeting the DCS market. But you can bet i will be targeting the DCS market with my fast jets all day and all night. Muwhahaha

Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer.

it won't change the fact that Ubisoft is id%ots.

I am not an Ubi fan either but bear in mind, 'idiot' or not, they are still making money everytime someone buys LOMAC (with no intention of playing it) after nine plus years.

Thanks, but the price wasn't my issue. I want it in one download and 1 install.

The OP also says MAC or a previous version of FC2???

buy it from ubisoft's website and download it for $9.99:

http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_US/pd/productID.180159900/sac.true

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs