Announcing Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3

Wags

Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

It'll be ready in 2 weeks :music_whistling:

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If people demand all 3dcockpits, wouldn't it make sense for Ed to hire 3d modellers to fill that demand? If it takes say 3 people one year to make one pit, it might take several teams of people the same amount of time to make several cockpits, making this a much more desirable product. Just an idea.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Find us at http://virtual-roulettes.forumotion.com/

• ED Team
If people demand all 3dcockpits, wouldn't it make sense for Ed to hire 3d modellers to fill that demand? If it takes say 3 people one year to make one pit, it might take several teams of people the same amount of time to make several cockpits, making this a much more desirable product. Just an idea.

Can't a 3rd Party group just decide to do this? Or are these planes locked down from editing/modding?

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

If people demand all 3dcockpits, wouldn't it make sense for Ed to hire 3d modellers to fill that demand?

I don't know what a decent 3d artist makes per year in russia, but let's make a guess.

Let's say one artist makes 20 000$ per year(pre tax, so what ED pays him). Multiply with 3, you get 60 000 in additional costs. 60 000/40 dollars per sold game (not even factoring in costs like bandwith for hosting the download, transaction services, etc.), that's at least additional 1500 copies that have to be sold (and that's a very modest estimation) for that to pay off. I'm not sure you could expect such an increase in sales from 1 3dpit.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

If they do that then the price must rise accordingly (you have to pay those extra teams up front). How many people will pay that price? Remember, the forum is in no way representative of the entire customer base.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

@sobek & cichlidfan:

I'm not sure if such an action would result in additional sales either. However if a potential new customer were to look at the features of the current fc3, sporting multiple planes but only one 3d cockpit, which is now standard in flight sims, as opposed to all 3d cockpits, I'm sure they will be more likely to buy it.

An increase in preorder price might foot a small part of the cost required, but probably not much. However this is pointless speculation as the release is apparently due this September, so what is more likely is that we see some kind of booster pack if anything, which Ed would want to charge for rather than release as a patch. But most likely is that this will be the final form of fc3, and hopefully 3rd parties might fill in the gaps, which I would be fine with considering the calibre of cockpits which have been shown.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Find us at http://virtual-roulettes.forumotion.com/

Some answer about improved carrier take off and landing?

There has been no suggestion that carrier operations have changed. Ground handling and SFMs are, however, one of the primary updates in FC3. Although that's not a change to carrier operations, it will certainly improve that part of the experience.

And no suggestion to say "Improved takeoff and landing flight dynamics" does not apply to carrier operations?

Asus Z390 Code XI, i9-9900K, RAM 32 Gig Corsair Vengeance @ 3200, RTX 2080 TI FE, TIR 5, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, HOTAS WH, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, HTC Vive Pro, Win 10 x64

On carrier landings:

This is the more fun it should be. Especially carrier landing
"Winding of the cable anyway. So that the landing is the same as it was - razntsiy not felt."

Pg 116 of the Russian FC3 thread, reply from ED dev on the carrier landing. It's via Google Translate, so how even knows what it really says.

From the thread, I also think that taxiing is the same as it was.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Another makeup? :)

Hey ED guys, I wasn't around for long because you already destroy community previously with amazing 2.0 arcade, with F 15C aka AIM 120 / everything is possible for 30$, I am just curious whats next move.... For all ppl which enjoyed 1.12, I really want to hop (for the last time) you will bring something "normal" back. I wanted to disband squadron last year, but sincerly I hoped you realize what have you done with your "western" realism, and you will make some real moves to make Lock On interesting again. Without balance of east-west planes with REAL values, this game is dead once for all time. I want to mention there wasn't any progressive international event like before (red flag, BSS etc) under 2.0 arcade, and I really miss the past. Public multiplayer servers became like sanatariums for noob aces with F 15 planes under control. Only few squadrons kept a tradition to fly real planes like SU 27, SU 33 and I salute them, they will recognize themselfs. S! them

• Like 1

Hey ED guys, I wasn't around for long because you already destroy community previously with amazing 2.0 arcade, with F 15C aka AIM 120 / everything is possible for 30$, I am just curious whats next move.... For all ppl which enjoyed 1.12, I really want to hop (for the last time) you will bring something "normal" back. I wanted to disband squadron last year, but sincerly I hoped you realize what have you done with your "western" realism, and you will make some real moves to make Lock On interesting again. Without balance of east-west planes with REAL values, this game is dead once for all time. I want to mention there wasn't any progressive international event like before (red flag, BSS etc) under 2.0 arcade, and I really miss the past. Public multiplayer servers became like sanatariums for noob aces with F 15 planes under control. Only few squadrons kept a tradition to fly real planes like SU 27, SU 33 and I salute them, they will recognize themselfs. S! them

You have realism, that was FC2. You just can't expect your favorite plane to magically be great at everything. If you want balance, making all the planes the same is a terrible idea. For balance, set up your missions properly. 4 Flankers with R-27 should be suicide vs 4 F-15 with AIM-120. 4 Su-27 with SA-10's is different.

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

yesssssssssss but sadly dude, you ruined all...

If you believe you have access to better documentation, what is stopping you from making this available? ;)

It is easy to complain based on conjectures, nostalgia etcetera, but the developers at Eagle Dynamics do need actual, good, documentation to make changes. It appears that in this case the documentation did not support your perspective. If you believe this is in error you are free to help out with whatever documentation and contacts you have. (But remember that there's some pretty well creditable SME's involved in FC2, check credits list. :) )

Now, this is of course with the exception of things that are simply out-of-scope or classified. Certain things are not possible simply because it is a survey simulator; this is why the underlying code between the F-15 radar and Su-27 radar is the same. This is why there are some capabilities missing from all aircraft.

If you think the Flankers and migs got a rough treatment in FC2, you should hear the whining of the F-15 fanboys. :P There's just as much, possibly more, missing from that aircraft, a lot of which would REALLY make life easier for the pilot.

But hopefully you'll get to look at it again and make a new decision before the end of the month.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Once again another person that doesn't know and understand about the F-15. Look at the kill/death ratio of the F-15 and compare that to the 27, 29 and 33 with their SARH missiles, not hard to figure out who will win.

• Like 2

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

You have realism, that was FC2. You just can't expect your favorite plane to magically be great at everything. If you want balance, making all the planes the same is a terrible idea. For balance, set up your missions properly. 4 Flankers with R-27 should be suicide vs 4 F-15 with AIM-120. 4 Su-27 with SA-10's is different.

Dude, you watch CNN to much, listen.... R-27R have 6 times bigger distance for "pusk" then in your "realistic" 2.0 (according to Russian real pilots) its totally useless and R-27ER with breaking lock on simple little move, EOS and ET missile are humiliated, not to mention ECM start-up bulls*** for 15 sec which is pure fairytale brought in 2.0 just to take out a tool to confront F 15 (in real initialy is needed about 1 minute, which you can do during take off, far away from combat for warm up, and later is ONLY!!! 1 second needed) I think real pilots know more then ED and some so-called experts on this forum.

So, dont twist my words here, when i said BALANCE I meant about just 1 or some adventages of Russian planes taken in 2.0 after 1.12, coz theres not any anymore. Another thing... before this 2.0 crap i had more then 600 flying hours every year in Lock On on public servers only, not counting squad trainings, etc, so dont even dare to preach me with some cheap frases here. Don't ever dare to say word "reality" if F 15 need 8 missiles (we call that in squadron un-installing) to shut down in smoke and flames which still heading to us and lunch missiles, dont even dare to preach while AIM 120 dodged turn 180 degrees and start to chase us without losing power and speed from behind, dont even dare to post that again until AIM 120 go around hills and continue chase us even dont have us locked and visual. 2.0 was a bad dream and last time i hope that nightmare will stop, so we all could have fun finally. You dude get SU 27 with SARH and come 1 vs 1 and you will see how much skills you have, I am really tired to listen hit and run aces here.

I lose my interests in LO when i saw fresh noobs which pay for 2.0 30$ entering server and shoot down expirienced guys which fly 6+ years. Thats sad story about LO, so here is not about improvements, here is all about money. I red all 80+ pages of this thread, and all i got to say is: I wont pay 0.99$ until i see something really changed on humiliated Russian planes and missiles. ED played on card for "western" users where money is, but they forget a fact theres lots of guys there love to fly Russian birds, and to have real opponent not junk aircrafts without any chance to confront. It's not about money, it's about respect of community and ppl which dedicated lots of time for years individualy or in squadrons for LO.

blackG over and out, dont have anything to say more

• Like 1

Dude, you watch CNN to much, listen.... R-27R have 6 times bigger distance for "pusk" then in your "realistic" 2.0 (according to Russian real pilots) its totally useless and R-27ER with breaking lock on simple little move, EOS and ET missile are humiliated, not to mention ECM start-up bulls*** for 15 sec which is pure fairytale brought in 2.0 just to take out a tool to confront F 15 (in real initialy is needed about 1 minute, which you can do during take off, far away from combat for warm up, and later is ONLY!!! 1 second needed) I think real pilots know more then ED and some so-called experts on this forum.

What a joke. ED got their information from Russian manuals regarding those missiles. I think Russian Air Force might know a little more about them than you do. You keep talking like you know something, but it's painfully obvious that you don't have a clue.

Yes, the R-27R is actually that short ranged.

As for ECM fairy tales, right now there isn't a sim out there in which the ECM is not a fairy tale.

So, dont twist my words here, when i said BALANCE I meant about just 1 or some adventages of Russian planes taken in 2.0 after 1.12, coz theres not any anymore. Another thing... before this 2.0 crap i had more then 600 flying hours every year in Lock On on public servers only, not counting squad trainings, etc, so dont even dare to preach me with some cheap frases here. Don't ever dare to say word "reality" if F 15 need 8 missiles (we call that in squadron un-installing) to shut down in smoke and flames which still heading to us and lunch missiles, dont even dare to preach while AIM 120 dodged turn 180 degrees and start to chase us without losing power and speed from behind, dont even dare to post that again until AIM 120 go around hills and continue chase us even dont have us locked and visual. 2.0 was a bad dream and last time i hope that nightmare will stop, so we all could have fun finally. You dude get SU 27 with SARH and come 1 vs 1 and you will see how much skills you have, I am really tired to listen hit and run aces here.

Sounds like your own personal problem and lack of skill.

I lose my interests in LO when i saw fresh noobs which pay for 2.0 30$ entering server and shoot down expirienced guys which fly 6+ years.
What were they experienced at? Pushing the fire button? Dodging missiles head-on? Perhaps they should consider re-training some slightly more realistic BVR tactics?

I wont pay 0.99$ until i see something really changed on humiliated Russian planes and missiles.
Talk to Vympel.

ED played on card for "western" users where money is, but they forget a fact theres lots of guys there love to fly Russian birds, and to have real opponent not junk aircrafts without any chance to confront. It's not about money, it's about respect of community and ppl which dedicated lots of time for years individualy or in squadrons for LO.

You keep talking like something terrible happened, but the fact is that those people who stuck with the planes, also developed tactics to deal with problems. They know they're at a disadvantage, but that's part and parcel of the represented technology. While they have complaints about things, just as everyone does, they aren't getting mowed down like you're suggesting they would be.

I think you just don't get air to air combat beyond some sort of 'fly at the enemy and push fire button' level.

Edited by GGTharos
  • Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

"Real pilots" is probably something that ED can match in terms of quality. They don't pull data out of nowhere, they research it. Of course, FC3 isn't DCS, so something are simplified. However, the general trend over time has tended to realism.

After 2.0, I had hundreds of hours spent on FC2. I don't see why you couldn't. I enjoyed flying everything from MiG's to Su's to F-15's, and with the latter I don't need 8 AIM-120's (never used such a load out, taking 4 AIM-7 has been more common for me) to get a kill. I've see pilots spam though, spam everything from R-77 to R-27, to AIM-120. And the R-77 will do just as many crazy things as the AIM-120, so why not demand that the Russian missile is fixed too?

You can fight me whenever, I usually fly on the 51st, though I don't have much time for sim flying at the moment. However it does sound like you think you could hop on in a F-15 and take on an entire squad of good Flanker pilots yourself. Maybe post a video of you winning a 1v5.

I lose my interests in LO when i saw fresh noobs which pay for 2.0 30$ entering server and shoot down expirienced guys which fly 6+ years. Thats sad story about LO, so here is not about improvements, here is all about money. I red all 80+ pages of this thread, and all i got to say is: I wont pay 0.99$ until i see something really changed on humiliated Russian planes and missiles. ED played on card for "western" users where money is, but they forget a fact theres lots of guys there love to fly Russian birds, and to have real opponent not junk aircrafts without any chance to confront. It's not about money, it's about respect of community and ppl which dedicated lots of time for years individualy or in squadrons for LO.

Why would 6 years of experience matter when that experience was based on flawed/unrealistic gameplay. Adapt or be destroyed. There are plenty of people who know how to fly Russian planes online. They make things fun for me when I decide to fly the F-15.
Edited by Exorcet
  • Like 2

So, you want realistic and FC2 is worse then FC1? Let me see, the ET in FC1 could be launched without a lock and hit a jet 20 miles away! That sounds right and has far as the F-15 having 8 missiles, how many does the Su-27 carry or the Su-33. I think you don't know what you are talking about when it comes to real life jets and their capabilities. I suggest you read a few more reputable books or check out some reputable websites instead of reading the crap you have been.

and I only mentioned a few things wrong in FC1, should I go on?