Announcing Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3

Wags

I want my birds !

Here's Cojak, my boy:

LTvcT.jpg

You can borrow him for a day - all feathered up in six kinds of naughtiness........Guaranteed to cure you of your 'want'! :D

OK - apologies for the OT. Back on topic.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gorgeous looking bird, you sir feeding it properly and with attention aplenty. :)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Those features are common in patches or add ons, $40 is the price for a full sim, not for an upgrade from FC2. It's the same price than Ka50 when it was released. I think ED should add some kind of upgrade, like Black Shark 2.

There is not many changes since FC2 to be worth spend $40. At least, not for me. If you are happy with it, nothing to say.

Of course, it is all relative to each person. I may find $40 for FC3 to be no problem, someone else may find it to be too much. You cannot, however, compare this to general patches/ addons from other games. This is not Call Of Duty with millions of units selling. This is a much smaller market.

If you like aircombat, and you look at all the other competition for modern aircombat sims (not a lot!) then the $40 may not be very much. Also, until you actually try FC3, you may find your opinion to change. Right now there is a lot of speculation.

One of the links in the HOME/NEWS information does not work

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/

Where it says "Screenshots are available in news details." the link does not show the pictures. The link at the end of the info works fine and shows the pictures.

EDIT: It's cinda easy to see the error as well.

works: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/announcing_flaming_cliffs_3/
does not work: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/announcing_lock_on_flaming_cliffs_3/

(HJ)

Edited by HiJack

One of the links in the HOME/NEWS information does not work

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/

Where it says "Screenshots are available in news details." the link does not show the pictures. The link at the end of the info works fine and shows the pictures.

(HJ)

The same link is bad in the CA news from a while back, too.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Will any of the jets besides the F-15 have any updates to the cockpits? Like higher resolution panels such as what Ricardo has made? It makes a huge difference. I would love to fly the SU-25 with a cleaner, more readable cockpit.

http://www.reddit.com/r/hoggit

Hoggit 1st Fighter Wing

Weekly training missions on Tuesday nights, missions on Saturdays!

TS3: hoggit.us

Dude, you watch CNN to much, listen.... R-27R have 6 times bigger distance for "pusk" then in your "realistic" 2.0 (according to Russian real pilots) its totally useless and R-27ER with breaking lock on simple little move, EOS and ET missile are humiliated, not to mention ECM start-up bulls*** for 15 sec which is pure fairytale brought in 2.0 just to take out a tool to confront F 15 (in real initialy is needed about 1 minute, which you can do during take off, far away from combat for warm up, and later is ONLY!!! 1 second needed) I think real pilots know more then ED and some so-called experts on this forum.

So, dont twist my words here, when i said BALANCE I meant about just 1 or some adventages of Russian planes taken in 2.0 after 1.12, coz theres not any anymore. Another thing... before this 2.0 crap i had more then 600 flying hours every year in Lock On on public servers only, not counting squad trainings, etc, so dont even dare to preach me with some cheap frases here. Don't ever dare to say word "reality" if F 15 need 8 missiles (we call that in squadron un-installing) to shut down in smoke and flames which still heading to us and lunch missiles, dont even dare to preach while AIM 120 dodged turn 180 degrees and start to chase us without losing power and speed from behind, dont even dare to post that again until AIM 120 go around hills and continue chase us even dont have us locked and visual. 2.0 was a bad dream and last time i hope that nightmare will stop, so we all could have fun finally. You dude get SU 27 with SARH and come 1 vs 1 and you will see how much skills you have, I am really tired to listen hit and run aces here.

I lose my interests in LO when i saw fresh noobs which pay for 2.0 30$ entering server and shoot down expirienced guys which fly 6+ years. Thats sad story about LO, so here is not about improvements, here is all about money. I red all 80+ pages of this thread, and all i got to say is: I wont pay 0.99$ until i see something really changed on humiliated Russian planes and missiles. ED played on card for "western" users where money is, but they forget a fact theres lots of guys there love to fly Russian birds, and to have real opponent not junk aircrafts without any chance to confront. It's not about money, it's about respect of community and ppl which dedicated lots of time for years individualy or in squadrons for LO.

blackG over and out, dont have anything to say more

S! blackG, missing that old times in sochi-maykop map, we all had russian aircrafts and there were no problem. people should understand this is not about winnig or losing, it is about logical and illogical, read bold line again...

Oh, I see. Should I start whining about how it takes 8 missiles to shoot down a laggy Su-27, and how those R-73's do loops around your plane and hit you? :)

What is logical indeed is that you have failed to read the explanations of such events when they did happen, and then you would have known that this happens when you have laggy players regardless of which side's jets they are flying.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Woot FC3, looking foward to it, when can i BUY IT :thumbup: :D mmm Mig29S in high polygon.... still drooling lol

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

@BlackG : There is a bunch of bugs for sure, not only for Russian Fighters, F-15 also got some issues. We all eagerly wait for FC3 as it is supposed to address those issues. But in my opinion, attitude is even more important, quitting is easy, many dedicated Russian Fighters drivers rose up to the challenge and managed outstanding achievements : ask Presing, Frostie, volk, Zart Arn to name a few.

They say we need to change tactics? Why should i lick the ground bcs someone decided to give to F 15 abilities which gives them power that players dont even need to know to fly to make kills. Thats stupid and you know that. let ED offer free training camp for noobs which need active missiles to shoot in salvos, and we will be all happy and satisfied. Those guys want a game, to take off, and enemy planes just to fall down in front of them, lol. You Flankerator know good about times when servers were all full of players sometimes 50+ look at multiplayer now? It's like graveyard with broken souls. If we need to push SU 27 and SU 33 to fly between hills, just to make F 15 lovers happy, thats waste of time for me. MIG 29G is something else.

P.S. Ask yourself how many squadrons and players vanish all of sudden and why. You will get old on this forums waiting for mercy something to happen, but i wont for sure.

Yea F 15 have some issues, dont want to fly by itself and shoot down 10 planes in one flight, maybe those guys desperately want that in some of new additions of FC 6 maybe who knows ;)

They say we need to change tactics? Why should i lick the ground

Because your plane is out classed up high. Like in reality. Why should the Flanker be the same as the Eagle with a different skin? A simulator isn't supposed to avoid things like that.

If you want a mirror match, limit each side to the same plane.

bcs someone decided to give to F 15 abilities which gives them power that players dont even need to know to fly to make kills.

Does this mean you could go online and win a 5:1 repeatedly if you were given a F-15, as I asked earlier? You don't even need to upload to Youtube, just post a track.

If we need to push SU 27 and SU 33 to fly between hills, just to make F 15 lovers happy, thats waste of time for me. MIG 29G is something else.

Can't say that I've had to fly 3 inches off the ground just to put R-27's on a F-15.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Since Er-27 is faster then aim-120 it should balance out the 1vs1 fight. Could someone count on how much you gain in time by the fact that Er-27 is faster, if the aircraft's lunch at same time, alt and speed.

There is no prove on how good ERs or aim-120s track. Would be more interesting if aim-120 in active state (guided by missiles radar) would not be that effective. I believe that is not fear since there is no proof that the aim-120 radar is as good as F-15s, even at 10km range when effected by ground clutter+ chaff and jamming, FC2 F-15 pilots trust the aim-120 to much when it goes in active state, witch I don't blame them fore because the missile dose great job in FC2. I believe something could be done to aim-120 performance to make the missile appear more realistic as Er-27 and ET is today :)

Good point Tek, I forget to say about ER missiles are much faster then any AIMs, thats why Russians still dont have a serious need for active missiles. That means if SU 27 and F 15 shoot to each other at same time F 15 dies first in any case. In LO - NOT Not to mention crippled ET

Congrats to 51st and big S! to ppl which didnt get noob planes to save their status as squadron in community and stay loyal to skills. Greetings from SE

• Like 1

I forget to say about ER missiles are much faster then any AIMs, thats why Russians still dont have a serious need for active missiles. That means if SU 27 and F 15 shoot to each other at same time F 15 dies first in any case.

So the faster missile always wins? And that's all there is to air combat?

And what happens when the F-15 accelerates faster and gives its missile more energy, which is a FC3 correction of the FC2 physics? More western bias?

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Once again another person that doesn't know and understand about the F-15. Look at the kill/death ratio of the F-15 and compare that to the 27, 29 and 33 with their SARH missiles, not hard to figure out who will win.

Sure, all noobs fire like mashineguns and miss its 8-0 per 1 flight lol

blackG over and out, dont have anything to say more

Thought you were "over and out" with nothing more constructive to say 10 pages ago?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

Woot FC3, looking foward to it, when can i BUY IT :thumbup: :D mmm Mig29S in high polygon.... still drooling lol

You can stop drooling as you won't get better looking MiG-29S, Only the F-15C gets new cockpit and has better (nice) external 3D model.

No longer active in DCS...

Oooh, ok, finally I understand! You want even better f15s. Because the opposition is not good enough for you. Thanks for clarifying your complaint.

Sure, all noobs fire like mashineguns and miss its 8-0 per 1 flight lol

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

When somone mentions that the AoA limiter has been removed from the F-15, I will then give it half a thought to spending money on another A-A sim. The idea of putting that thing in there was absurd in my opinion. It doesn't even come close to existing in the real plane, so why have it in there. Remove that garbage, and shoot the person sho coded it in there. :)

K, now I have ranted and will disappear back into the shadows where I belong.

Rain

blackgruya, You still don't get it, the F-15 is a better fighter with better technology. The 120 in FC2 isn't anywhere near what it should be. You'd really cry foul ball if they were. The Russian jets have data link and the F-15's don't, is that unfair? It's been talked about many times before about 27's carrying R-77's. The answer has been they can't do it, but some servers allow it for better game balance. It's a little weird when a 120 misses a guy flying around 20,000 feet and under 10 miles. The missile is still very maneuverable and fast. I don't just fly the F-15, but it is my main jet to fly. I have also seen 27er's some off the rail dumb and AIM-7's do U-turns. So things aren't perfect in the sim. Just because the jet you like didn't get things it shouldn't have don't be a hater. All these jets are missing features, features that some of us don't know anything about. Just because you think it should be like this....doesn't mean it is.

Tek, You of all people should know this stuff. What makes the guys (the 51st) so good is that you fly as a team. That is how you need to fly against the F-15. A lone 27 is outclassed by the 15, this isn't anything new. There are a few 27 drivers that are excellent in fighting against active missiles.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Hmm big debate between Russian planes vs F-15.

Biggest advantage of F-15 is situational awerness becouse of superior radar and TEWS, and not AMRAAM. Imo AMRAAM isnt such good missile as you all think. Talk about flying vs skilled pilots ofc, (not against nubs on public) whenever we had a squadron match, my role in F-15 was giving my teammates directions, status about enemy position etc...

So problem is not in F-15 BUT IN CREATING PROPER MISSIONS!

1) Terrain

Almost every mission we played and public events in FC 2.0 were on shore between Novorossiyski and Kobuleti...

I remember RAF server had plenty of missions with urban terrain and those mission were balanced for both sides, i flew F-15 then with cold-feet.

2) AWACS

Like i said biggest adv of F-15 is situational awerness!

Since FC 2.0 was out, every single server excluded AWACS! And thats the main reason why F-15 has become superior over Russian birds. Get AWACS back online and you'll see how you gonna even the score.

So for the new FC 3.0 servers, AWACS back online, create smart, balanced missions with mixed urban terrain. Fancy cockpit ain't gonna help you trust me!

Edited by Raptor7

Cali is on point. If you cant see that then you don't read history. Now if you're complaining about the F-15 in FC:2 then you are right, its has no balls. But all the Flankerwhiners will not admit that if the F-15 was not neutered, their ass would be in a world of crap. Period, jock them all you want... the record speaks for itself. Again Period.....

• Like 1

[sigpic][/sigpic]

US Air Force Retired, 1C371

No rank or title will ever be as important as the unit patch you wear.