Announcing Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3

Wags

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, because its not crashing almost every time I try to connect to the master server :megalol:

It is the client that crashes when trying to retrieve the server list. It is not connected to the authentication.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Wow just 30 more pages and we hit 200...amazing

Flaming Cliffs always has and probably will still be for a very long time, the backbone (can even add head and torso to that) of the Online Community. It's accordingly no surprise that interest is so high :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

To difficult to me to hold my flaming cliffs 3 purchase! Even if I thought it in the first announcement:smilewink:

System specs below

Case - Antec Three Hundred

PSU - Corsair AX750watt

Board - MSI Z170A GAMING PRO

CPU - Intel i5 6600K 3900MHz

Cooler - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus

Memory - Kingston HYPERX 16G DDR4 2400Mhz CL15

Graphics - MSI GEFORCE GTX 980 GAMING 4G

SSD - Samsung 950 PRO 256GB M.2 NVMe

Monitor - Philips 277E 27" 1920x1080 60Hz

OS - Windows 10 Home 64bit

Flight Controllers - Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG, Saitek COMBAT RUDDER PEDALS, TrackIR 4, Track Clip Pro

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It is the client that crashes when trying to retrieve the server list. It is not connected to the authentication.

sorry for OT,

imho it doenst make any difference where the issue happens...the server or the client. As long as the crashes are not reproduceable and consequently not avoidable according to a proper user (client) / Serveadmin behviour, it will still be a pain in the but that MP dont really keeps people playing that awesome game online with their friends/sqdrs..

This is somethings that need to be fixed asap.

Imho the masterserver is the main problem. I know about why it is (currently) needed... I nontheless think that it is the centre of all that malady

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Imho the masterserver is the main problem.

No, what you guys are doing here is like taking your car to the repair shop with a broken axle and telling your mechanic to replace your clutch, it won't do anything to fix your problem. :)

Let the mechanics figure out what the problem is. ;)

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

We have some noob apprentice mechanics up in here.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If they can make penicillin out of moldy bread, they can certainly make something out of you"

-Muhammad Ali

WIN 7 64-bit SP1 | AMD Phenom II X4 955 | 8.0 GB RAM | NVidia GeForce GTX 550Ti | CH Pro Throttle | CH Fighterstick | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR5

This reminds me of a story about an Old Bull and his Son ..looking down from the hill at the herd below. The Son says hey Dad lets run down the hill and get us one of those there haffers....Well my Son the Old Bull says lets just take are time walk down and screw every last one...!!morale of the story is Not that we all got screwed:megalol: Its just let Ed take there time so we can :pilotfly: FLy over the hill and have a BBQ...:megalol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

This reminds me of a story about an Old Bull and his Son ..looking down from the hill at the herd below. The Son says hey Dad lets run down the hill and get us one of those there haffers....Well my Son the Old Bull says lets just take are time walk down and screw every last one...!!morale of the story is Not that we all got screwed:megalol: Its just let Ed take there time so we can :pilotfly: FLy over the hill and have a BBQ...:megalol:

+1 :thumbup: I bring the :beer:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

ED i'm ready for it, are you too?

As the title says, i'm ready for FC3/DCS Su27 :)

Sadly with FC3 there propably won't be an SU27 upgrade

My cockpit is at a final stage, only the Hotas throttle has to be implemented yet.

Hope you like it.

dsc3863s.jpg

dsc3864b.jpg

dsc3883t.jpg

dsc3885p.jpg

dsc3888s.jpg

see also

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=21664&page=49&highlight=introducing

Cheers,

Wasserfall

• Like 3

Intel Core i5-9600K, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G

I WANT THAT!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If they can make penicillin out of moldy bread, they can certainly make something out of you"

-Muhammad Ali

WIN 7 64-bit SP1 | AMD Phenom II X4 955 | 8.0 GB RAM | NVidia GeForce GTX 550Ti | CH Pro Throttle | CH Fighterstick | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR5

Umm, having owned a farm with beef cattle I had always assumed that a heffer was a castrated male bovine....

:D

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

Flaming Cliffs always has and probably will still be for a very long time, the backbone (can even add head and torso to that) of the Online Community. It's accordingly no surprise that interest is so high :)

Well the reason for this is obvious. It provides two things in combination that DCS won't for who knows how long. The first is PvP, as this a big point in just about any online multiplayer experience. The next is Dissimilar Air Combat. The DCS titles that exist are AG focused with inevitably predictable AI behavior. Yeah I know CA will have some effect on that. The Mustang has no realistic opposition, if it ever does its probably gonna be AI first.

That brings to my personal complaint about LOMAC and whats remained unchanged. Yes I absolutely love Eagle cockpit upgrade, cause its nice to look at. There is a limited amount of 'functional' changes, you know things that do something or improve gameplay. Missile AFM will offer a lot for the combat experience. The dynamic handling of landing should be a nice touch as well. What irritates me the most is the same flyables, but mostly in respect there only being 2 US flyables and how it effects gameplay and limits mission design for a maximized PvP experience.

Depending on how you choose to count 3-5 Russian fighters to choose from compared to 1 US fighter. Of these Russian fighters, some have multi-role ability even if limited, US has none. SU-33 carrier ops, no US equivalent. Further inspection of AG tasks you'll notice there are no US SEAD/DEAD capable craft, compared to SU25T having HARM missiles.

Using the 51st server as an example, they seem to favor a Red vs Blue mission design (and obviously favor Red), but will forever be limited by the lack of US flyables. The total flyables 2 US vs 7 Russian, without accounting for DCS inter-operability. Now achieving parity is so obviously easy cause ED could do it with just 1 US jet. One Carrier capable, multi-role fighting, SEAD striking aircraft. You all know which I'm referring to. F/A-18 any variant, but the C would probably be more likely than an E.

Edited by blkspade

Last minute new features according to Wags...I like that :)

Indeed the more they can squeeze in the better. :)

P.S we're on page 58.. get it right lads.

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

Indeed the more they can squeeze in the better. :)

P.S we're on page 58.. get it right lads.

Got to love feature creep. It always throws a snag in plans, but in the end you do get more.

Edited by Raven68

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals