Announcing Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3

Wags

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as I don't have to spend the first week hunting for fixes, like the last releases, they can be as late as they need to be.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I feel like the lesson should probably be learned about setting deadlines by now... but at least we were notified. It would be nice to see another deadline put in place, but if we're honest the credibility of those deadlines is all but faded anyway.

I sure hope the release date is still before VFAT...

Setting deadlines is a great way to be accountable... otherwise you end up having people drag their feet and the "finish date" ends up being something unknown to all.

There is no need to bash ED for this... and ED shouldn't take this too emotionally and reverting back to not saying jack all to us until all of the sudden on some random afternoon we see a release announcement - that's just bad for marketing among other things. If anything they should just adjust their expectations accordingly... announcements to be closer to release dates, when a more exact release window is obtainable or use more vague language such as "this fall" "this winter" "later this year" "in 2012". You aren't inventing the wheel here, its all been done and said before.

Nothing that has been going on in this thread is bad, in my opinion, it all shows that the community is behind the product - the so called hype is there. We are all very impatient especially in today's day and age, so nothing wrong with twenty or so bashing posts, in fact its only good.... keeps the discussion going, the product valid and the feedback even if it is as stupid as "I WANT IT NOW" flowing.

Nothing that has been going on in this thread is bad, in my opinion, it all shows that the community is behind the product - the so called hype is there. We are all very impatient especially in today's day and age, so nothing wrong with twenty or so bashing posts, in fact its only good.... keeps the discussion going, the product valid and the feedback even if it is as stupid as "I WANT IT NOW" flowing.

Yup! We request all these features and extra things becos we care about ED's products. :p :smartass::pilotfly:

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

New feature! You can connect to the master server!

Not quite. The connection to master server is working allright. Don't put problems on the master server just because you don't like the system. ;)

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

• ED Team

@jona33 124% of all statistic's and figures are made up on the spot . . .

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

@jona33 124% of all statistic's and figures are made up on the spot . . .

...and most of the rest are usually based on flawed data. ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Takes roughly 1 year per 6dof cockpit - how long would you like to wait?

Nate

This sounds very odd, seems far too long since it's non clickable.

Yeah that's not right. If I was employed to do this stuff it would not take me a year to work out a high quality cockpit model, especially if it's not clickable. Even if it was clickable, I imagine it still wouldn't require an entire year for partial (FC3-level) functionality... and I know how this stuff is done.

I'm not trying to knock whoever is doing the work, I'm just saying that it's not a valid claim, in my opinion.

You guys.. You see what you did.. forced ED to announce a release date (month) and now they can't keep their word.. BECAUSE OF YOU!

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

They are really doing this arent they? How about some extra info on this delay then just a simple we didnt make it blablabla...

I would like to know whats holding the releasedate back etc.. At least the 3rd party developers are keeping us updated on whats going on behind the screen in their studios.

Come on ED ! a simple "bugs and we didnt make it so Au Revoir" smells like Cliffs of Dover explenation.

Flanker, Flanker 2.0, Flanker 2.5, Lockon, FC1, FC2,FC3, BS1, BS2, A10C, CA and World

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Presumably the "one year" figure comes from the relevant team members having to work on it in between other assignments.

Looking forward to this one - I've really been hankering for some modern A2A.

Unless I end up flush with cash, though, I might hold off until I find out what the new jet is. I'd always been hoping it would be the F-1C, and given the total makeover it's gotten here, it's certainly a reasonable suspicion that it's still in the running, and that clickability is being added to that cockpit as we speak.

If that's the case, though, I'd expect it wouldn't be announced for a while so as not to steal FC3's thunder, and I'll probably want to get my jet dogfighting fix before then.

For when it goes wrong: Win10x64, GTX1080, Intel i7 @3.5 GHz, 32GB DDR3, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5 / Vive Pro, a case of Pabst, The Funk

They are really doing this arent they? How about some extra info on this delay then just a simple we didnt make it blablabla...

I would like to know whats holding the releasedate back etc.. At least the 3rd party developers are keeping us updated on whats going on behind the screen in their studios.

Come on ED ! a simple "bugs and we didnt make it so Au Revoir" smells like Cliffs of Dover explenation.

See the thing is normally no release date info is given at all. Now that some release date info was given people demand more :)

Nate

• ED Team
See the thing is normally no release date info is given at all. Now that some release date info was given people demand more :)

Nate

And start making up things about delays when the original release date range hasnt even lapsed :)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Nate

Nate, im not demanding anything since im a loyalist to ED anyways. But at least give me a screenshot of coding and tell me theres something wrong with it even though i dont understand a single thing about coding to make the pain go away :smilewink:

Flanker, Flanker 2.0, Flanker 2.5, Lockon, FC1, FC2,FC3, BS1, BS2, A10C, CA and World

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And start making up things about delays when the original release date range hasnt even lapsed :)

What part of this is made up?

The team has been hard at work debugging FC3 and adding some new features; however, this has resulted in the game not being available in September as we had first planned. We regret the delay, but we hope the additional time will result in a better product.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1559740#post1559740

Would it make any difference if Wags had taken the time to explain the issues they have not resolved in time? Would it make didums feel better?

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

Presumably the "one year" figure comes from the relevant team members having to work on it in between other assignments.

I agree. I think this is why I took so long in between working on other projects and the next DCS fighter project.

But I think ED should take more time (months) and perhaps offer more incentives to buy FC3 as I already mentioned. I can understand the confusion when most of the new features are going to be implemented into DCS world to keep compatibility with the exclusion of a couple for FC3...especially at 40$.

Why not just take more months.... completely overhaul the cockpits and models (Based on what I have seen...they already have pieces of them...Su 27 model, Mig model, A-10A cockpit). THey have a good Su25, Su25T, decent Mig model in the sim already. Just the flankers are both overdue and give us the 6dof cockpits enough to warrant a full 60$ price tag.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|