Announcing Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3

Wags

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This sounds very odd, seems far too long since it's non clickable.

Quality takes time.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Do we know if there would be any improvements regarding Crossfire ?

i7 880 | HD 7870 | 8 Gb DDR3 1600 | ECS P55H-A | OCZ Vertex 2 180 | Intel 330 180 | WD 500 AAKS | 2x WD 2T Green | Enermax Liberty 620 | CH Combatstick & Throttle | TrackIR 3 | HP ZR24W | Windows 7 x64

take your time,,, while I want it now, I have mor ehtan enough great toys... but some of our missions and cmapains were oginally built to include FC2.0 airacrft.. so, wil wil defintely need FC3.0 to repairs the missing FC2.0 aircraft in DCS. Plus, my cash isn't here yet,,, so all is well.. and x-mas looks better , with anticipation.. FC 3.0 is highly anticpated by many people in our squad..

:pilotfly:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

Well DCS World is still in Beta and Wags' signature concerns me for you guys "everything is subject to change" haha

I can't wait to see your Hornet's up close in DCS HDR glory and hope HD Livestream is planned to fully appreciate it or it will be lost.

Cheers man. I know exactly what you mean, but we'll be alright... we solve problems! ;)

I remember High School geometry...

Loved that class. First thing in the morning and it was the only math class during which I did not have to be fully concious and still manage to ace it. :)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I'd always been hoping it would be the F-1C, and given the total makeover it's gotten here, it's certainly a reasonable suspicion that it's still in the running, and that clickability is being added to that cockpit as we speak.

If that's the case, though, I'd expect it wouldn't be announced for a while so as not to steal FC3's thunder, and I'll probably want to get my jet dogfighting fix before then.

The upcoming jet is supposed to be a US multi-role aircraft, so it's pretty much between the F-16 and F/A-18. F-15C being an all-out dogfighter doesn't constitute multi-role, and the F-15E is for one thing, ridiculously difficult to model appropriately being a two-seater, and second it's already on the docket for a third-party development team. I'd love a DCS: F-15C modeled in all its glory too. I probably wouldn't touch A-10C or BS2 for several months, and I love the hell out of them both. It's just not in the cards, for the time being at least.

We got P-51D and CA as "pre-orders with immediate access to a beta" (aren't we still in a "beta" of CA?), I'm curious why we're not seeing the same with FC3 (especially if this delay is mostly to iron out the wrinkles so to speak). Would definitely appreciate a new rough estimate of when I should start looking for the release.

The upcoming jet is supposed to be a US multi-role aircraft, so it's pretty much between the F-16 and F/A-18. F-15C being an all-out dogfighter doesn't constitute multi-role, and the F-15E is for one thing, ridiculously difficult to model appropriately being a two-seater, and second it's already on the docket for a third-party development team. I'd love a DCS: F-15C modeled in all its glory too. I probably wouldn't touch A-10C or BS2 for several months, and I love the hell out of them both. It's just not in the cards, for the time being at least.

Where'd you get the idea that it is going to be a multirole aircraft? All Wags has said is that it will be a U.S. Fixed Wing Fighter. And the F-15C is a multirole aircraft. It can carry gravity bombs..

I remember High School geometry... when do you get your diploma?!

-4 years from now..

Edited by Pyroflash

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

Where'd you get the idea that it is going to be a multirole aircraft? All Wags has said is that it will be a U.S. Fixed Wing Fighter. And the F-15C is a multirole aircraft. It can carry gravity bombs..

I have a very very strong recollection that there was something official or nearly-official stated which included indications of US, fixed-wing, fast-mover, and multi-role. I'm not about to comb through every single thread to see where I saw it, but if anyone wants to step in and correct me, be my guest.

This second part really threw me for a loop. I've never once seen, heard, or received a clairvoyant premonition of any bit of information that said an F-15C has ever or would ever be outfitted with even a bomb of the Mk-82 family. I've said before, I'm only some military nerd type, but the F-15C is only an update of the fighter built under the concept of "not a pound for air-to-ground." I don't think it's inconceivable to jury-rig a Mk-82 on to an F-15C, but it's not built with that capability installed. I don't think there aren't even CCIP or CCRP modes in the avionics to facilitate a bombing tasking. Maybe it can carry the bombs on the fuel racks and they could be dropped as you would jettison a tank, but there's no capacity that I know or have ever heard of to conduct a proper bomb drop. And I've read/heard a lot of things about military aircraft over the years.

I have a very very strong recollection that there was something official or nearly-official stated which included indications of US, fixed-wing, fast-mover, and multi-role. I'm not about to comb through every single thread to see where I saw it, but if anyone wants to step in and correct me, be my guest.

Wags never said 'multi-role'. People made assumptions and kept repeating it to themselves.

This second part really threw me for a loop. I've never once seen, heard, or received a clairvoyant premonition of any bit of information that said an F-15C has ever or would ever be outfitted with even a bomb of the Mk-82 family. I've said before, I'm only some military nerd type, but the F-15C is only an update of the fighter built under the concept of "not a pound for air-to-ground." I don't think it's inconceivable to jury-rig a Mk-82 on to an F-15C, but it's not built with that capability installed. I don't think there aren't even CCIP or CCRP modes in the avionics to facilitate a bombing tasking. Maybe it can carry the bombs on the fuel racks and they could be dropped as you would jettison a tank, but there's no capacity that I know or have ever heard of to conduct a proper bomb drop. And I've read/heard a lot of things about military aircraft over the years.

What jury-rigging? It has always had the capability, but the software was removed in order to make the 'not a pound for air to ground' point. A modern F-15C, and I'm not even talking Golden Eagles, is likely entirely capable of lobbing just about anything that's unguided or GPS guided, to include cluster munitions.

Every now and then, F-15C pilots will train air to ground 'just in case', from what I've heard, but they certainly don't spend much time on it at all.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Wags never said 'multi-role'. People made assumptions and kept repeating it to themselves.

Then I stand corrected. I guess I figured after seeing "multi-role" time and again I assumed it had some degree of credibility behind it.

What jury-rigging? It has always had the capability, but the software was removed in order to make the 'not a pound for air to ground' point. A modern F-15C, and I'm not even talking Golden Eagles, is likely entirely capable of lobbing just about anything that's unguided or GPS guided, to include cluster munitions.

Every now and then, F-15C pilots will train air to ground 'just in case', from what I've heard, but they certainly don't spend much time on it at all.

But as it stands, the avionics do not include the capacity for aimed bombing, correct? There's a strafe mode for the gun, but an aircraft strafing with the 20mm cannon alone does not constitute an actual purpose-built air-to-ground vehicle. It's like going up in a C-17 and hanging a GAU-17 off the back ramp. It doesn't change from a transport aircraft to a ground attack aircraft just because it can make things on the ground die. The F-15C can conceivably make things on the ground die, but clearly the only purposeful use for an F-15C is to wreak havoc on things that fly, thus it is strictly an air dominance fighter.

The whole point of my bringing up the F-15C not carrying bombs was to say it's not "multi-role," and in my book, any aircraft sitting on the tarmac which isn't ready to load bombs, take off, and drop them doesn't have an inherent air-to-ground capability, much less a multi-role capability. Besides that, there's no conceivable reason an F-15C would actually be called upon to carry and drop a bomb in today's day and age. And I maintain that I've never in thousands of hours of combing books or the internet seen anything mention a hold-out A-G capability on the F-15C.

For curiosity's sake, where would they load the bombs? The bottom wing pylons only? Plus maybe the centerline fuel pylon? I can't imagine there's enough clearance to load them on the sides of the wing pylons.

Sorry for the further OT, but....

Now that you guys got me going on this F-15C A-G ability question, I am finding things that say it was designed with it and subsequently removed. I've literally never seen this before and I'm glad you guys could expand the horizons of my knowledge on the subject. Thanks.

Interesting reading for anyone else who is blown away by an air-to-ground F-15C: http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?AD=ADA398080

I was hoping (like many others I'm sure) to spend the evening playing FC3, but some literature on the development of the F-15C is a pretty decent back-up. Gotta find something to do while FC3 is being polished, right?

• Like 1

• ED Team

The server's are not as full as they could be, this multiplayer fix is long overdue and it is effecting all online squadrons.

The server list crash, servers dropping from the list after a short time, and not being able to join via I.P have affected multiplayer participation.

I know we have to be patient and wait for the fix and we have been, I am glad FC3 is delayed, if it was released now with the state of multiplayer as it is it would not look good.

FC3 will be a great addition to DCS, and I am still looking forward to it.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2