Announcing Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3

Wags

And the F-15C modeled in sim isn't of a specific model. It has a range of tech that really isn't very time period specific. Until ED decides what period of F-15C they have built, I don't think realism is much of a factor when it comes to implementing missile systems. That being said, I don't think that they will. Who knows though, I could get pleasantly surprised. And then the forums will crash from too much Russian whining.

So, let's model an SU-27 not from a "specific period" as well... and then we will see whose whining will make the forums crash.

You F-15 fanbois are so easy, dual standards for everything. :music_whistling:

• Like 1

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, and no, the F-15 turns faster than the Russian birds (faster, not tighter), so should be able to stay behind the bandit's line, making the R-73 pretty useless (it can't fire backwards).

As for historical accuracy, if F-16C Blk. 30's can get the new HMS, I am pretty sure that F-15C's would be able to use them. And the F-15C modeled in sim isn't of a specific model. It has a range of tech that really isn't very time period specific. Until ED decides what period of F-15C they have built, I don't think realism is much of a factor when it comes to implementing missile systems. That being said, I don't think that they will. Who knows though, I could get pleasantly surprised. And then the forums will crash from too much Russian whining.

You think people have a problem with mad dogging now? :D

I wasn't originally suggesting that those components be added to the F-15, just combating Frostie's statement of adding another "21st century" US jet against 20th century Russian. As it stands the F-15C isn't modeled to any time period, but the combination of components are seemingly pre 2000, thus still 20th century. So an F-18C with the same kind of tech mash-up would still fit the criteria of 20th century.

So, let's model an SU-27 not from a "specific period" as well... and then we will see whose whining will make the forums crash.

Generalizing= BAD. If you had any reason behind your comments, you lost it the moment you expressed it.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I for one would welcome an F-15C Golden Eagle Vs. an Su-35BM. I think it would be an interesting fight.

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

Anybody knows what new features Wags is talking about? Why is Wags not listing them?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=94515

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

About the mig variants, thats why I said "Depending on how you choose to count" Define 21st century, because everything in the FC version of the F-15C is tech designed, tested and operational pre-2000. I don't think anyone which revision of the 120C is in game, not that they are modeled with 100% accuracy anyway, first made available in 1996. The newest tech is probably the TEWS, also depending on which version is modeled. According to the stats I'm more effective with the AIM-7s anyway. You're certainly not struggling to defend yourself against F-15s. If we had AESA radar, JHMCS, and AIM9x then things would be more 21st century. The latter 2 alone would put the F15C on par with the Russian jets capabilites WVR. An F-18C with similar revisional limitations to the Eagle doesn't seem unreasonable.

The AIM-120C5 in FC2 is a 21st century weapon. Russian 21st century Flankers and Fulcrums use TWS and ARH.

TWS is a decider in most engagements, Russian aircraft that were updated to use ARH misslies in the 20th century had TWS, FC's Flanker is amongst the oldest variant and this is not going to change in FC because of the presentation of the cockpit. The F-15 on the other hand looks exactly the same as it did even before the MSIP II upgrade, so the freedom to pick from whichever era is there, 80's, 90's, 2000, take your pick. The Su-27S is an 80's/90's at best aircraft.

JHMCS for F-15's wasn't until 2006, AIM-9x was much later and as for AESA radars there's barely a handful of F-15C's at Elmendorf fitted with them.

I was semi-joking about the favoratism, but at least one of your missions has EWR on the red side allowing you to see inbound bandits on your datalink, not needing radar until you're right on top of them. No blue AWACS, which I know works differently from EWR, but no blue forces have EWR. Which reminds me of something else missing from the "21st century" F15C, datalink.

Only one mission has EWR on Red and that barely covers Red airspace. This was changed with a similair mission by removing EWR and adding Su-27's on blue also.

It could also be said that the 80's mission is favoured for F-15's with AIM-7s outranging R-27R's. That is one good reason why AIM-7 stats are so high.

Edited by Frostie

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

The AIM-120C5 in FC2 is a 21st century weapon. Russian 21st century Flankers and Fulcrums use TWS and ARH.

TWS is a decider in most engagements, Russian aircraft that were updated to use ARH misslies in the 20th century had TWS, FC's Flanker is amongst the oldest variant and this is not going to change in FC because of the presentation of the cockpit. The F-15 on the other hand looks exactly the same as it did even before the MSIP II upgrade, so the freedom to pick from whichever era is there, 80's, 90's, 2000, take your pick. The Su-27S is an 80's/90's at best aircraft.

JHMCS for F-15's wasn't until 2006, AIM-9x was much later and as for AESA radars there's barely a handful of F-15C's at Elmendorf fitted with them.

Actually that isn't the case. Golden Eagles are fitted with things most people don't know about. This includes AESA, JHMCS, a new processor and cockpit (so I hear), MLWS, JTIDS, and even some IRST's. It's rather hard to find a cockpit picture of a golden eagle ... I haven't found one yet.

Though I also hear that not all eagles will be golden ... about 170 or so will be converted (The conversion has been ongoing for some time).

Elmendorf seems to get the toys first for testing. It would have been more correct that there were a bunch of data-link birds belonging to Elmendorf in some time-frame, because AESA was funded for golden eagles very quickly after the Elmendorf birds tried them out.

The eagle represented in FC isn't even a 1990's eagle ... they had 8 TWS since the 80's. Well, it isn't an 'anything' eagle, really. There's no specific featureset pinning it to any era, but it's definitely nothing like a 21st century eagle. Or even a 90's eagle ... or an 80's eagle ... just too much stuff missing.

At the same time, Russian flankers and fulcrums aren't known for packing ARH; I could see Chinese and Indian ones doing so ... maybe even the Venezuelans! :)

If you want to base your argument on the 120, that's something else. The machines themselves though are well ... FC level. :)

Edited by GGTharos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Actually that isn't the case. Golden Eagles are fitted with things most people don't know about. This includes AESA, JHMCS, a new processor and cockpit (so I hear), MLWS, JTIDS, and even some IRST's. It's rather hard to find a cockpit picture of a golden eagle ... I haven't found one yet.

Though I also hear that not all eagles will be golden ... about 170 or so will be converted (The conversion has been ongoing for some time).

Elmendorf seems to get the toys first for testing. It would have been more correct that there were a bunch of data-link birds belonging to Elmendorf in some time-frame, because AESA was funded for golden eagles very quickly after the Elmendorf birds tried them out.

The eagle represented in FC isn't even a 1990's eagle ... they had 8 TWS since the 80's. Well, it isn't an 'anything' eagle, really. There's no specific featureset pinning it to any era, but it's definitely nothing like a 21st century eagle. Or even a 90's eagle ... or an 80's eagle ... just too much stuff missing.

At the same time, Russian flankers and fulcrums aren't known for packing ARH; I could see Chinese and Indian ones doing so ... maybe even the Venezuelans! :)

If you want to base your argument on the 120, that's something else. The machines themselves though are well ... FC level. :)

The limited functions of all aircraft in FC has been well documented and you're right the F-15 is FC era which means nothing. They're certainly not Golden Eagles in FC but they are employing 21stcentury weapons, unlike anything else in FC. I think there are 18 AESA Eagles at Elemendorf.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

The limited functions of all aircraft in FC has been well documented and you're right the F-15 is FC era which means nothing. They're certainly not Golden Eagles in FC but they are employing 21stcentury weapons, unlike anything else in FC.

Like I said, if you want to argue the 120 that's another thing, but that's an argument that goes nowhere as well. Modern Russian flankers don't use ARH anyway (Of course, they COULD if they had'em ... )

I think there are 18 AESA Eagles at Elemendorf.
Yes, that is the size of that squadron. I think it's between 18 and 24 usually for USAF FS's. As I mentioned they seem to get toys first, but AESAs (along with other things, these are entire upgrade suites in this case, AFAIK) have been getting retrofitted to many eagles for a while now. It's an on-going upgrade.
Edited by GGTharos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Probably early beta because I dont detect MAFM in those sidwinders.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

• ED Team

27 seconds, should keep us going for another 6 months, thanks Wags :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Perdy weird seeing everything zoom by so fast. We may actually get into something that flies faster than a modern day fart.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If they can make penicillin out of moldy bread, they can certainly make something out of you"

-Muhammad Ali

WIN 7 64-bit SP1 | AMD Phenom II X4 955 | 8.0 GB RAM | NVidia GeForce GTX 550Ti | CH Pro Throttle | CH Fighterstick | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR5