So there's this BMP that refuses to die.....

Guest ruggbutt

Guest ruggbutt

LOC and I flew one of his campaigns last nite, and we had to visually spot an enemy camp on top of a hill above a road w/a switchback. We're loaded with rockets, and cluster munitions. I spot them and dive in and drop two cluster cannisters from my '27. Boom, I lay waste to the buildings. LOC heads in and destroys half a dozen parked GAZ's. We expend out ordnance and there's still this pesky BMP that's hidden in the trees. I know we softened him up, but he's hard to see. We strafe the last few targets and we're Winchester. So LOC tells me to Launch Override an R27 and let 'er rip. I run in first with 73's, close but no cigar. My last run in I'm in a 70 degree dive, I override the R27 and let 'er rip. As I yank 8 g's on the pullout I see that the missile is gonna hit close. I get the kill message at the same time LOC is calling "Shack" into Ventrilo.

On the ride home we discussed that it was a good thing that I hit that BMP, cuz he wasn't in the mood to R&R and fly back to the target.

If any of you guys wanna fly some realistic missions we fly a couple times a week. In reality the life of a fighter pilot isn't half a dozen kills a sortie. LOC's missions are more along the lines of what really goes on. On one mission we were supposed to visually ID an incoming bogey. LOC had me fly lead. When we finally spotted him, I locked him in TWS while LOC went in close to ID the plane. I could have smoked the guy easily, and I figured I'd only fire if the bogey had made a hostile move towards my wingman. He didn't. In fact, after LOC locked him in CAC mode he lit his burners, climbed to over 10k meters and left our AO. He was a Mig25RBT. After we landed and got a successful mission message, I asked LOC if I'd have smoked the Mig would we have failed. He said "Yep".

Now I know this kind of stuff sounds boring, but it's more along the lines of real combat patrols. LOC prefers the Russian stuff, so I've got to brush up a bit on it but I had fun. Well, except for shooting myself down w/a FAB 500 (don't ask, it was n00balishous).

No, it doesn't sound boring at all.

And with a better editor, with triggers, and perhaps some simple scripting language we could basically make any kind of realistic mission.

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

Guest ruggbutt

I'm currently making missions w/LMR (LOMAC Mission Randomizer). The only thing that remains the same is the target, everything else changes each time you launch. If ED incorporated LMR in the editor, I believe it would satisfy the majority of the people here.

Guest ruggbutt
Here is our comms info. We don't usually schedule things, as Shadow works 4 on and 4 off. But if people are on comms and ask to fly, we usually drop what we're doing.

Doesn't sound dull at all Ruggy, just makes me wish for broadband so I can get flying online. In fact it reminded me of the last mission I flew before I went on vacation. Cant recall who the author was, but I was in an Su-27 flying over the ocean west of Crimea and had to hunt out a spying C-130 from a particular country out of a very crowded sky with other aircraft (the nasty part was it included some C-130's from different countries. Fun to fly on their wings close enough to visually identify them. Very Cold War style realism.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....

Doesn't sound dull at all Ruggy, just makes me wish for broadband so I can get flying online. In fact it reminded me of the last mission I flew before I went on vacation. Cant recall who the author was, but I was in an Su-27 flying over the ocean west of Crimea and had to hunt out a spying C-130 from a particular country out of a very crowded sky with other aircraft (the nasty part was it included some C-130's from different countries. Fun to fly on their wings close enough to visually identify them. Very Cold War style realism.

That would have been "Spy Games" from me ;)