Su-25T with Cougar FSSB?

BuzzU

Does anybody fly the Su-25T with a FSSB? How do you like it?

Not me, but steering the nose wheel with the 25T is a little sensitive.

With the other planes it is perfect.

(I use “ANT ELEV” wheel on my cougar)

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

Not me, but steering the nose wheel with the 25T is a little sensitive.

With the other planes it is perfect.

(I use “ANT ELEV” wheel on my cougar)

I have rudder pedals, so steering on the ground was never a problem. I was just wondering how the FSSB would work with the Su-25T, because to me it flys more like a prop plane, and the FSSB is not so good with prop planes.

Buzz

Guest ruggbutt

Your stick is pretty specialized. I'd have gone w/the other mod, but then again it's your money.

Did you get the stick yet?

Yes, I got it today. I just got my CH stuff off, and now i'm going to start with the Cougar software, and then see how I want to set it up on my desk.

I don't think I made a mistake. I want to concentrate on one plane, and i've chosen the Viper. I have F4AF for now, and FO and the F-16 (Lock On) in the future. I also want to fool around with the Su-25T. My plate is full.

Buzz

Buzz,

I have CH stuff and TM and was considering getting the FSSB also. Please let me know how they compare as soon as you can...

Gwiz

I love my FSSB R-1 and use it for all my sims. It's a totally different experience going from large stick movements to zero stick movement, only reading the force applied to the stick.

My primary hobby is the Viper, so that's why I went that route in the first place...it's like the real thing, only I can set the max force to 6 pounds instead of 25 pounds used in the real thing.

I might someday build a more traditional center stick for planes like the F-18 and Su-25T, but for now it does the trick and I'm happy...I just wish that there was an equally cool way to mod my throttle from realsimulator.com too.

------------------

Wingmen should pretty much stick to two radio transmissions, "Two." or "Sir, you're on fire."