Illegal Loadouts

Ice

I have flown with Voxsod before and he has been a member of the community for a long time. I was surprised/disappointed by this post and jumped the gun, but my post was made mainly as a reply to BGP who seemed to be rationalizing the degree of cheating to be not that big a deal, but I apologize for ASSuming that Voxsod was cheating right off the bat. I come from games where screens and replays are the ONLY real proof, and reacted based on that.

I caught several people using hacked loadouts when I would host 1.02 missions, and took screens......but would never post them publicly after 1 offense.

I would suggest to hosts that if someone is caught/suspected to be cheating, that it be handled privately with the individual, or if they are in a squad that squad leader be contacted via email with attached screens/proof.

This will help to avoid the unfortunate mislabeling of someone innocent.

Now if the problem persists, and/or is as blaintant and undisputed as some offenders have been in the past (H*N**RO*ET), I don't see the problem with making the community aware.

Think you left out a "*"

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's always best to try and solve these types of disputes privately and if there isn't a satisfactory answer then bring it to the publics attention.

Most cheaters really don't care if you know they're cheating especially when they do it in such a public manner as Voxsod is being accused of here. Why cheat in public and then deny it when you must know that the evidence will be against you... doesn't really add up but that doesn't mean the event didn't take place and the accused is not a cheater. However before you lynch a guy understand that lockon can throw up one off bugs that you can never reproduce. Check out my the pic below .. I spawned as the Zvezdny lol.

zvezdny.jpg

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

I think it would be best to add a checkbox in the classify dialog eg. "Lock payloads", or even on individual aircraft, or even on individual weapons on individual aircraft ;). Say there is a su-25t, mission designer chooses to disable kh-58, he classifies the mission, and for the player these missiles are grayed out.

According to a recent conversation on HL, including a169th member who brought this up, there is a bug which can cause an aircraft to pick up the previous player's payload (for that slot) ... among other things.

We all know that LOMAC is pretty buggy. What happened to giving people the benefit of the doubt?

Another similar thing that I think happens at least on my client log is that the name of a player currently using an aircraft seems to get subsituted for all events involving that aircraft, even before they started using it. I don't know if this affects the servers log though.

---SVBS squad is playing Lock On, ADF/TAW and Typhoon now at www.svbs.co.uk !---

Gentlemen,

I had been a privileged for me to be a member of the same great squad and fly with Vosxod for some time. I actually was the one who recruited Vosxod in 609. I would want to say that there is nothing farther from Vosxod’s mindset then cheating. Any kind of cheating, anywhere, ever…

It is just not in his nature to try make any tasks easier to achieve, just the opposite – he is always the one who drive our whole team toward harder and more demanding goals. Because of him we are involved into countless discussions of proper tactics, radar and ECM usage, weapons deployment with the goal for our squad to finally be able to provide dissent opposition to well know and respected pilots and squads on Hyperlobby.

I understand – those screenshots look incriminating, but I can assure you – my squadmate Vosxod had not cheating in the past, not cheating now and will not be cheating in the future.

Special thanks to bSr.L()Csta – it take big heart and an open mind to apologize the way you did.

• Like 1

You can do more with a kind word and a gun, than with just kind word alone.

- Al Capone

If a player leaves and another takes his place while you are connected, when you disconnect the breifing only shows the last player in that slot as being there the whole time.

Someone was obviously cheating. But was it Vox? We cannot know unless we see the EA launch between the last time 'Voxsod' took off and the point at which the debrief was recorded (ie when Ice exited)

This problem is easily solved by looking at the mp_log which DOES record player names correctly.

Ice, please, look at the mp_log file and put an end to all the speculations.

Paulie, Vosxod deserves nothing less.

Thank you for the kind word.

S!

• Like 1

You can do more with a kind word and a gun, than with just kind word alone.

- Al Capone

I didnt call you a cheater Vox i said you werent very sporting hovering around the Frog base waiting for IMO "easy kills", this sort of behavior stops me from flying on HL and i rarely do as a consequence !!

I couldnt even get to WP1 which wasn very far from takeoff, i didnt have time to be protected. This is called vulching and i think it can/will be solved by a S300 site forward of the homeplate ;)

Incidentily, I love your server VVS504, it's my favorite one since the SU25 is my favorite plane but I wish you guys would put S300 near AF or close by because it is very hard to play online SU25. You guys have the only server on hyperlobby that I can grab Su25 100% of the time and I am so happy with VVS504 server. But blue side can easily look at score box and see what planes are flying and if no Migs or SU in the air will fly right to frog base and kill you easily. Last night I fly SU25 for red alone against blue 3 F-15's - not very fun unless you like flying away from RWR all night long.

cheers

• Like 1

Ice...tsk tsk tsk.

You of all people should know better than this...Good grief man.

Flaming someone without any solid evidence?

I taught you months ago that a second player who takes the slot a a "cheater" will adopt his slot in the logs. This is why ED originally had closed games on the UBI server. The sim was not intended to be entered mid-mission as HL allows.

This public assasination crap has to end somewhere and I say we end it now. I hereby leave you to your powerless authority.

FrameICE1.jpg

FrameICE2.jpg

Any pilot who associates themself with the 169th tag is publicly announcing that they approve and welcome such leadership over them. Thats why I left the 169th and will never return.

• Like 1

When all else fails, Eject then read the manual.

Oh, and a good wingman helps.

Very classy thing to do, Bogun. Unfortunately you are of a minority and it is becoming more and more appearent why fewer and fewer are part of the LockOn skies.

The accusers should hope there is a Bogun amongst you when you are unfairly treated.

Ice...tsk tsk tsk.

I taught you months ago that a second player who takes the slot a a "cheater" will adopt his slot in the logs. This is why ED originally had closed games on the UBI server. The sim was not intended to be entered mid-mission as HL allows.

This public assasination crap has to end somewhere and I say we end it now. I hereby leave you to your powerless authority.

Any pilot who associates themself with the 169th tag is publicly announcing that they approve and welcome such leadership over them. Thats why I left the 169th and will never return.

Somehow I think that this thread will be flaming soon..

A showdown between the old master and the renegade apprentice... or something like that ;)

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

OKay, let's /CUT/ the crap right now. This isn't a thread for inter or intra-squad rivalries of any sort whatsoever.

People behave as they will, and in the end they'll pay for it or benefit from it - this is NOT the point of this thread.

There's a bug present, and it needs to be addressed. Potentnialyl there are two bugs in fact - one bug has to do with the server log, the other with payloads being left set by the last client to have the slot.

I'm going to put both in the beta forums.

For the moment, check the mp_log in the temp folder. It does NOT record all launches etc, so it's cleaner.

IMHO the only interesting cheats are the ones that accomplish anything, and the rest should be left alone - too much crap to sift through.

Proving that someone -did- use an illegal payload has just become more difficult. Live with it, and hand out flame-unducing wisdom and punishments somewhere where it will NOT hurt the community.

The short version: Stop bickering like little kids.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Thank You

Thanx GG

Couldn't said it better myself.

Making such a big deal about something that can (and has) been fabricated so easily is moot.

Tracker Out.

When all else fails, Eject then read the manual.

Oh, and a good wingman helps.

Ice...tsk tsk tsk.

FrameICE1.jpg

FrameICE2.jpg

In this case I am willing to give Voxsod the benefit of the doubt. Unless the mp_log (which seems to be more accurate) is posted. Then I will look at this accusation as a 'bug'.

s77banner9wh.jpg

The mp_log only logs kills however, not launched missiles ... it logs playernames and sides, shooter and target, and missile used.

With the EA's nads cut-off, I imagine you'll rarely see it in the mp_log.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

all this crap is why i dont fly on HL :(

You can fly on HL with no problems, to avoid squad bashings all you need to do is to be a neutral mercenary pilot like me. :) (my reasons are others though)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Gentlemen,

I had been a privileged for me to be a member of the same great squad and fly with Vosxod for some time. I actually was the one who recruited Vosxod in 609. I would want to say that there is nothing farther from Vosxod’s mindset then cheating. Any kind of cheating, anywhere, ever…

Thanks man!

Hi,

Suspicions of cheating is a private matter between individual online servers and their participants and this is the last time I want to see this forum being used to forward accusations against individual members - whether justified or not. This is not the place for it :icon_excl .

I have left this thread open until now, because it looked like people were beginning to resolve this situation without interference and something constructive may come of it - such as a discussion on how to avoid online cheating in general.

BUT...if it takes a turn for the worse and results in old grudges being brought to the table, I will close it down immediately.

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ

Posting this information from the log which I assumed was accurate was a mistake on my behalf. Unfortunately we will have to live with cheating online until 1.2 or later.

Voxsod I apologise for causing any harm to you or your squadron name.

Cool.

Now, if anyone wants to reproduce the payload-swapping bug and give detailed instruction for reproducing it (PM it to myself or Chizh or Olgerd) we'd all be deeply grateful since it would help squash this bug once and for all.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]