Lock On Digital Download

ED cannot do this since UbiSoft owns Lock On.

In the United States, Ubisoft has made it available for download on their game distribution service.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

In the United States, Ubisoft has made it available for download on their game distribution service.

Why only the US. Is there any way of getting ubi to sell it online to everybody? Surely they want to cash in on FC3 by making it as easy as possible for people to get it.

Just speculation:

Maybe because UBI has delegated the distribution rights in other places to different parties. I see LOMAC regulary in stores, sold for few euros as a PC classic (so someone is distributing it). Reopening those treaties, for every region, to allow UBI digital distribution rights, would require too much effort and is not worth the few bucks it would earn.

Edited by winz

Why only the US. Is there any way of getting ubi to sell it online to everybody? Surely they want to cash in on FC3 by making it as easy as possible for people to get it.

Trust me, even if it was available elsewhere, you wouldn't want to get it from them. You are only permitted to download it once, and download support is non-existent. You have to pay extra money for an "extended download service" that lets you re-download the game for a couple of months after you buy it. Even then there is no guarantee that they will even keep you in their purchase history so that you can get your CD key back if you lose it. Absolutely terrible service if you ask me (purely personal experience).

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

• 5 months later...

You gotta be kidding me...So there is no way to play/install FC3 if you do not own original Lock-On?

I just spend 29USD to buy FC2 which again requires original Lock-On... Realized this after purchase :-)

Why FC3 is not sold as a stand-alone software or at least as a DSC module? It is displayed as a separate module in DCS World (at the bottom in startup page...)..?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

ok, then what about they will not Lock On a requiremen for FC3... we want you to buy and enjoy our new FC3 but you need to buy a game made for windows 98... I bet they have a real good time on our accounts... I know for sure I would... if I tell someone this and he still buy my product i know I would be laughing for years.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 5820K, 32GB DDR4, 3x250GB SSD RAID0, nVidia GTX 1080, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, Virpil WarBird base with Thrustmaster Warthog grip, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals - 2484.

ok, then what about they will not Lock On a requiremen for FC3... we want you to buy and enjoy our new FC3 but you need to buy a game made for windows 98... I bet they have a real good time on our accounts... I know for sure I would... if I tell someone this and he still buy my product i know I would be laughing for years.

It is possible to buy the planes seperately without the requirements of installing lock on. A10A and SU25 are available and the F15C and Su27 will be released soon as well. All with updated 3D cockpits and updated flightmodeling. Bye :thumbup:

The problem is not FC. The problem is that you can't play FC3 without lock on. I would realy love to buy FC3 at full price but to go on and buy a CD with a win98 game from the other side of the world, pay for transport over europe, install that win 98 game on a win 8 x64 and never actualy use that game, and all that just to be able to play FC3 it is realy bad joke.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 5820K, 32GB DDR4, 3x250GB SSD RAID0, nVidia GTX 1080, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, Virpil WarBird base with Thrustmaster Warthog grip, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals - 2484.

The problem is not FC. The problem is that you can't play FC3 without lock on. I would realy love to buy FC3 at full price but to go on and buy a CD with a win98 game from the other side of the world, pay for transport over europe, install that win 98 game on a win 8 x64 and never actualy use that game, and all that just to be able to play FC3 it is realy bad joke.

It is Ubisoft's 'joke', not ED's.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

let me understand.. ubisoft has the rights for FC3 as well?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ubisoft owns the rights to lockon. Not sure about fc. The original fc was considered an addon to lockon. So while fc2 and fc3 are standalone products. Legally they are still considered an addon. Other than buying the individual fc modules unfortunately there is no other way around this.

Pacotito

I7-5820k@4.5 Z99 extreme4 16gb ddr4

520gb ssd. Gigabyte ssc GTX960 SSC 4gb

• 2 months later...
Yes, I am pretty sure I bought mine from UBI. I re formatted my computer and cant find a trace of me buying it on their website or my email.

Now i have to buy it again...

it was pretty cheap, via Amazon (digi-download). how I got mine...

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Yea, I suppose I'll do that. Can I download multiple times?

I presume so... I just logged into Amazon, and checked my video game library. And it lists all of my purchases, and keys, and gives an option to download each.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Yea, I suppose I'll do that. Can I download multiple times?

Burning it onto a CD/DVD or backing it up on a flash drive would be my recommendation.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 4 weeks later...

This is one of the major reasons, why ED developed DCS with its own source code and gaming engine!

Edited by golfsierra2

kind regards,

Raven....

[sigpic]http://www.crc-mindreader.de/CRT/images/Birds2011.gif[/sigpic]