Some details of FC3 AFM Missile Improvements

Wags

Dude did you turn into some legendary lvl85 cave troll or something?

cavetroll.jpg

:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If they can make penicillin out of moldy bread, they can certainly make something out of you"

-Muhammad Ali

WIN 7 64-bit SP1 | AMD Phenom II X4 955 | 8.0 GB RAM | NVidia GeForce GTX 550Ti | CH Pro Throttle | CH Fighterstick | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR5

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahahahaa...LOL...Its all a part of my "Tac-Tics" Demorilzing my self so when you see me in the "51st" you think Im dumb/Lacking the understanding of potential energy... and then ...well..."Retreating Windmill" and well...

As far as consumer stuff, Its all de-classified so there is no chaff or flares ...

"HELLO BOYS !!! IM BACK !!!"

AS Ozzy Osbourne once said... "Let the Madness...Begin" !!!

FC-3 ... Wheres "ICE" 169th???

:joystick:

@ NATE...Wrong answer...Dont use your "Tester team" for bulling tactics...Purchasing a product at point of purchase and then having a manufacture "Change it" with a "Patch" is ILLEGAL, look up some consumer protection statutes.

This has been going on for some years now, and your loosing consumers. Theres MILLIONS of gamers out there that are NOT playing LOMAC-FC... Ask your self "Why" then get back to "US"

Done...

facepalm.jpg

OFF:

Sometimes I find ED forums more fun than 9gag. Moderators, consider yourselves paid for this :)

ON:

Will missiles get new IDs? My point is : will custom payload mods work, or can we start from scratch?

Edited by 59th_LeFty

[sIGPIC]http://www.forum.lockon.ru/signaturepics/sigpic5279_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I could shot down a Kitchen :smartass:

@Silver...Sure...

Lets talk about missiles being launched from -10,000ft...and the thick air and such...

Its been an issue for many years...

It Kinda was fixed in FC-2... but then the fix got fixed ...Again...with FC-2 Patch...

Oh well :thumbup:

It Kinda was fixed in FC-2... but then the fix got fixed ...Again...with FC-2 Patch...

Don't know what you're on about, active missiles work better than they ever have in FC. Unless ofcourse you're used to spamming them from 20nm away and expecting them to find targets by themselves, thankfully that BS don't work so well anymore. ;)

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

@ Frostie...Not at all, I have Spam in the morning some times when my Woman wakes up KRANKY...

You know how it works, its all about energy.

I like the 80s' mission on the 51st, with out the "ET-Missile" the Su-27 performance is cut by 50%... I mean let F-15 drivers put some "ETz" on the racks and then performance will be changed in another patch :smilewink:

Anyways, same old arguments same game, nothing has changed except for a few script lines in the program :book:

Nice talking to you all and im glad your all doing well :thumbup:

ON:

Will missiles get new IDs? My point is : will custom payload mods work, or can we start from scratch?

Have you tried using the resource window in DCS World yet? you can customise your payload prior to engine startup, so no need for those archaic loadout menus anymore :)

Anyways, same old arguments same game, nothing has changed except for a few script lines in the program :book:

With the reading comes the wisdom.

I can’t say if I’m ready for the forthcoming series of broken poll questions, but it should be fun.

I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.

@ Frostie...Not at all, I have Spam in the morning some times when my Woman wakes up KRANKY...

You know how it works, its all about energy.

I like the 80s' mission on the 51st, with out the "ET-Missile" the Su-27 performance is cut by 50%... I mean let F-15 drivers put some "ETz" on the racks and then performance will be changed in another patch :smilewink:

Nice talking to you all and im glad your all doing well :thumbup:

Sorry old pal but your dialect is just as scrawny as your knowledge on how missiles have developed in FC2.

Basically you talk a lot of nonsense.

The only things that have changed with your beloved AIM-120 is that they have had their performance increased, improved fusing (more likely to damage a barrel rolling target) and the seeker scanning from maddog launches has been restricted from FC1 (meaning they don't always instantly aquire anything within 180 degrees when flying dead).

There are no hidden scripts that stop your missile hitting bandits.

On another side, there have been improvements that affect missiles indirectly such as, notching has become more successful and chaff effect has been reduced, especially nose on. And if you can't trash an ET with flares then you need to map your flare button, because flares and ET's go together like fish and chips.

Add to that the usual network issue that has been there since year dot.

You will find it harder to get kills if you treat it like a game a'la FC1 and don't apply a degree of realistic A2A tactics.

There are plenty of F-15 pilots out there that have adapted their tactics or kept their old tricks and are undoubtley the highest scoring aces in the skies.

If you couldn't keep up don't blame FC, blame yourself.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Have you tried using the resource window in DCS World yet? you can customise your payload prior to engine startup, so no need for those archaic loadout menus anymore :)

That screenshot is proof ED listens to its customers. Can't wait till FC3 and DCS are together on the same server. Player vs Player will be back! Ground pounders, you best get your air cover sorted out :devil_2:

Sorry old pal but your dialect is just as scrawny as your knowledge on how missiles have developed in FC2.

Basically you talk a lot of nonsense.

The only things that have changed with your beloved AIM-120 is that they have had their performance increased, improved fusing (more likely to damage a barrel rolling target) and the seeker scanning from maddog launches has been restricted from FC1 (meaning they don't always instantly aquire anything within 180 degrees when flying dead).

There are no hidden scripts that stop your missile hitting bandits.

On another side, there have been improvements that affect missiles indirectly such as, notching has become more successful and chaff effect has been reduced, especially nose on. And if you can't trash an ET with flares then you need to map your flare button, because flares and ET's go together like fish and chips.

Add to that the usual network issue that has been there since year dot.

You will find it harder to get kills if you treat it like a game a'la FC1 and don't apply a degree of realistic A2A tactics.

There are plenty of F-15 pilots out there that have adapted their tactics or kept their old tricks and are undoubtley the highest scoring aces in the skies.

If you couldn't keep up don't blame FC, blame yourself.

I had to make an imput... :D

Agree with everything in your advices except 2 quirks here:

1) An R-27ET is easy to defeat IF you spot the trail and no launch warning is issued (only way to tell it from the radar variant) or if you can predict an ET shot and prevently deploy lots of flares (not an easy thing to do at all). Most of the times you cant, and them BAM! Why give the illusion that flares are miracle counter? it isnt. R-27ET is the deadliest weapon after the AMRAAM.

2) It is correct to say that F-15 tactics have been adjusted to better support launches versus BVR maddogs from before, sure. There are no " old tricks" at all if you mean supporting shots and extend after pitbull. This is a a basic BVR tactic, not a trick.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

• We added a limited duration to the missile’s power system (gas-generator, generator and hydraulic pump). When the onboard power system is exhausted, the missile goes ballistic.

If you added time then it will not be realistic because a gas-generator will only generate a specific amount of gas so if the missile has to maneuver more its power system will exhaust faster, like following a fighter jet where as its will not lose so much control power if it is targeting something like C-17 or IL-76. Same stands for electrical and hydraulic systems.

Whell spotted didnt even see that...

Agreed, a long range shot at high altitude, lofted trajectory will allow the missile to save power and fly for longer not only due to less drag but because of reduced actuator loads. If its only time rule restricted then it will display the exact opposite behaviour, oh dear oh dear... FIX THIS BEFORE RELEASE!!

Edited by Pilotasso

My PC specs below:

I had to make an imput... :D

Agree with everything in your advices except 2 quirks here:

1) An R-27ET is easy to defeat IF you spot the trail and no launch warning is issued (only way to tell it from the radar variant) or if you can predict an ET shot and prevently deploy lots of flares (not an easy thing to do at all). Most of the times you cant, and them BAM! Why give the illusion that flares are miracle counter? it isnt. R-27ET is the deadliest weapon after the AMRAAM.

2) It is correct to say that F-15 tactics have been adjusted to better support launches versus BVR maddogs from before, sure. There are no " old tricks" at all if you mean supporting shots and extend after pitbull. This is a a basic BVR tactic, not a trick.

In response to your input, i'd say that the ET only really works against targets that don't see it or don't know how to defeat it, that is mostly down to EOS and clever flying rather than the missile winning a BVR encounter. It eats flares more so than any other MRM eats CM's. No miracles here just a simple cure. Beam and flare is foolproof, but it is also effective headon.

'Old tricks' means guys that used realistic tactics in FC1 and before.

No magic involved. :music_whistling:

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

In response to your input, i'd say that the ET only really works against targets that don't see it or don't know how to defeat it, that is mostly down to EOS and clever flying rather than the missile winning a BVR encounter. It eats flares more so than any other MRM eats CM's. No miracles here just a simple cure. Beam and flare is foolproof, but it is also effective headon.

'Old tricks' means guys that used realistic tactics in FC1 and before.

No magic involved. :music_whistling:

But how do you see it if its launched on EOS and no clue when and where its comming from?? :D

The range comparisson is somewhat moot, because it is almost always employed at low altitudes VS high altitude F-15's. Its not that hard to shoot it against unsuspecting F-15's, and thats where it is used not head to head. Most popular weapon on russian side. Almost everyone in red will take the maximum ammount they can carry: 2, and never take the 6 ER loadout, and for good reason. ;)

Edited by Pilotasso

My PC specs below:

That generally seems to be the RL experience with heaters of that era (FPA seekers seem to be changing the game quite a bit though)

In response to your input, i'd say that the ET only really works against targets that don't see it or don't know how to defeat it, that is mostly down to EOS and clever flying rather than the missile winning a BVR encounter.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Something a bit like a C5. It really isn't possible to make a direct analogy.

What version number is the AIM-120C in the game? Does anyone know? Sure wish we could eventually atleast see the C-5 or C-7 in the game.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Something a bit like a C5. It really isn't possible to make a direct analogy.
Thought the C-5 had more range than the AIM-120B. In the game they're about the same from what i've saw though.

The encyclopedia in the game gives them the same range too; 55km.

I also noticed something. I fired an AIM-120B and an AIM-7M at the same speed + height and the AIM-7M won (the AIM-120 went first too, then i did the AIM-7!). Was surprised about that that.

It does have more range. THat's all I'll say.

As for the AIM-7, it has a 12-15 second boost/sustain motor that is significantly larger than that of the 120.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]