AV-8B Harrier Plus DCS version

Prowler111

I certainly hope so. I really now covet the harrier. I think of it as a faster, more maneuverable A-10C.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't you tell them the truth?

Guys you are totally right, u haven't heared news for some weeks now, so the project is cancelled, no need to check back ever again,

And you´re totally wrong, the project is not cancelled, it´s pretty much alive, but there is so much we simply can´t say in the open..

Prowler

Most of it is code

AFM

Augs for the added nuzzles

Systems

Rum and Coke

Sub systems

and everything else that needs to be implemented...

Edited by joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

With a lot smaller payload and range !!! :thumbup:

And due to the small wing, it's turn radius isn't that great either. Pretty much any dedicated jet fighter will eat a harrier for breakfast.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

Prowler111, what can't you say in the open? Not specifically, but to shed more light on the process. What is the big deal?

Ok, here it goes, there are some things we can control, and some we definitely can´t. We have to go at both paces, eventually both "lines" will get together and this aircraft will be in YOUR rig.It does not means we stopped developing it, it means it reached as far as currently, can go.So we took the decision to start with less complicated aircraft and move forward, that way, we can have a steady flow of products, at the level we decided (AFM´s there is no other option from us, and of course A-10 DCS) until everything gets together.So,there will be a Harrier (GR´s and AV-8B) in DCS from us? YES, in due time, and this applies to the F-15E Strike Eagle as well.Like i once said, mesh work? that´s just the tip of the iceberg, and to be honest, anyone with some degree of 3d studio max knowledge (and the proper tools) can put anything in DCS.Now,make it functional, that´s a whole another story, so having said that, this is the way we are moving within our products, incremental developments. F-15E and Harrier mesh work is already there. There is no point on posting pictures of stuff that will not be in the sim until some other developments happen.We are about to finish a T-2, and we are already working in a Mirage2000C and there a T-6 TexanII is also being worked on.These are what you´ll get in the short/medium term from us.

Best regards

Prowler

any fix for the brick wall thingy?? I got FSX II plus on 30 May 2013, so that is the Mk-2? this is the file name I downloaded (one file only)

setup_razbam_AV8B_vol1_FSX

and this is the installation screen:

Is this the one without the brick wall (sudden transition flip?)

Be advised I have A2A's P-51D, VRS Superbug and would this in anyway affect the Harrier installation and physics?

I keep nosing over when I land even at full throttle padding the gears. Is this normal? I'll try changing CoG to aft maybe get different result?

1311277362_setupraz1.png.bf971d880c71cc6ee715871314c740c6.png

Edited by WildBillKelsoe

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

...We are about to finish a T-2, and we are already working in a Mirage2000C and there a T-6 TexanII is also being worked on.These are what you´ll get in the short/medium term from us.

Best regards

Prowler

Thanks for this. This honesty is very appreciated. :thumbup:

The way to go incrementally in complexity is wise. Keep it good.

Oh, and for the Mirage 2000C => :bounce::bounce::bounce: Hope you can get enough information about it. The french are not reputed to reveal easily their defense tech.

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

Progress so far looks amazing.

Can't wait to VTOL...

Man I could really use a navigator right about now.

i7-3770K @ Stock

MSI GD-65 Z77 Mobo

G.Skill Ripjaws Z [16GB] @ 2133 Mhz

AMD Radeon HD 7950 [sapphire Tech] @ 1150/1600 Mhz

OCZ Vector 256GB [C:/]

Seagate Barracuda LP 2TB @ 5900RPM [D:/]

Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB @ 7200 [E:/]

Western Digital Blue 1TB @ 7200 [H:/]

Corsair AX850 PSU

Corsair 650D Case [so Sexy <3]

We are about to finish a T-2, and we are already working in a Mirage2000C and there a T-6 TexanII is also being worked on.These are what you´ll get in the short/medium term from us.

Best regards

Prowler

Those sound awesome, I'll be getting those.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

At this point I can say with extreme prejudice that the model developed for FSX is crap. Transitioning from level flight to a hover occurs funny with airspeed reaching 95 kts. The MPCD is not working and the download links on their site with my account have expired. I mailed Larry and got no reply as of 10 days ago. He mentioned something about a fix to the non working MPCD and in the mk-2 update presumably eliminated the transition over representation, which he didn't, unless I purchased the mk-1 on May 2013, which presumably is a time after mk-2 update release.. Not happy with the attitude and neglect to the FSX harrier model. :(

At this point I can say with extreme prejudice that the model developed for FSX is crap. Transitioning from level flight to a hover occurs funny with airspeed reaching 95 kts. The MPCD is not working and the download links on their site with my account have expired. I mailed Larry and got no reply as of 10 days ago. He mentioned something about a fix to the non working MPCD and in the mk-2 update presumably eliminated the transition over representation, which he didn't, unless I purchased the mk-1 on May 2013, which presumably is a time after mk-2 update release.. Not happy with the attitude and neglect to the FSX harrier model. :(

Shouldn’t you be taking this matter up on the FSX boards…? I don’t want to read the problems you are having with FSX, rather the ongoing progression of the DCS version Harrier.

• Like 1

Shouldn’t you be taking this matter up on the FSX boards…? I don’t want to read the problems you are having with FSX, rather the ongoing progression of the DCS version Harrier.

I took it as him voicing his concerns for the DCS version based on his experience with the FSX version. I could be wrong of course, but that's how I read it.

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

But with the same developer behind each, and with a developer as small as this, it is a legitimate concern to ask whether, if they are bringing their B game to FSX, they can bring their A game to DCS? It is probably the same people on both projects....

I don't know the truth of the matter but it's a legitimate concern.

Per Ardua Ad Aquarium :drink:

Specs: Intel i7-9700K, GTX 2080TI, 32GB DDR4, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2

I took it up on their forums and got no response, and I'm voicing my concerns for DCS as well. I hope not the same physics are what to expect in DCS.:thumbup:

After a bit of searching on the problem, he says he fixed it, but this video on after the update confers otherwise, as well as my experience.

I also purchased it on 30 May 2013, so I don't know if I purchased the update or a mis-named AV-8B II plus. Here is 'fix' post for the transition behaviour

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1539526&postcount=62

yet I see no tangible change really. I'm sorry if I troubled you but this is the very essence of the Harrier and why we love it and want it in DCS.

I'll download SSW Harrier and see if it suffers the same problem with transitions. If so, then its an FSX fault and all is clear. If not, clearly something wrong with script (last I checked they use a C++ script)

Edited by WildBillKelsoe

If not, clearly something wrong with script (last I checked they use a C++ script)

It is FSX's fault. The sim wasn't designed to handle complex flight dynamics like VTOL. You can only go so far to get it to look kind of right, but it's never ideal. Don't blame Razbam, it's the limitations of the platform. It can't and never has done well with high-performance aircraft, VTOL, thrust vectoring...anything extreme. Only way for developers to work around it is to write their own flight control program to bypass the sim's (similar to what VRS is doing).

EDIT:

.....and I'm voicing my concerns for DCS as well. I hope not the same physics are what to expect in DCS.:thumbup:

On the subject of DCS, our development team has (on the side) messed with VTOL capability of a jet aircraft using an external flight model, and it worked absolutely brilliantly. Just as you'd expect a real VTOL aircraft to perform. Thing is, there is no limit to what flight model you want to make in DCS - it's an un-restricted platform. It's all up to the developer how detailed they want to make the flight dynamics.

Edited by Blaze

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

It is FSX's fault. The sim wasn't designed to handle complex flight dynamics like VTOL. You can only go so far to get it to look kind of right, but it's never ideal. Don't blame Razbam, it's the limitations of the platform. It can't and never has done well with high-performance aircraft, VTOL, thrust vectoring...anything extreme. Only way for developers to work around it is to write their own flight control program to bypass the sim's (similar to what VRS is doing).

EDIT:

On the subject of DCS, our development team has (on the side) messed with VTOL capability of a jet aircraft using an external flight model, and it worked absolutely brilliantly. Just as you'd expect a real VTOL aircraft to perform. Thing is, there is no limit to what flight model you want to make in DCS - it's an un-restricted platform. It's all up to the developer how detailed they want to make the flight dynamics.

OK, it looks like its FSX's fault alright.. The demo by SSW proves the same handling, although they have a dark but working MPCD in my FSX standard SP2 version.

OK, answer me this:

What is the cause in your opinion for some aircrafts not to display the MPCD?

I have VRS and the MPCD's work perfectly in my standard version (non acceleration).

I can live with FSX's limitations, but its gotta be something on your end when it comes to MPCD. I appreciate the effort you guys did, but I suggest you release a second patch to address the MPCD issue. My 2 cents.

OK, it looks like its FSX's fault alright.. The demo by SSW proves the same handling, although they have a dark but working MPCD in my FSX standard SP2 version.

OK, answer me this:

What is the cause in your opinion for some aircrafts not to display the MPCD?

I have VRS and the MPCD's work perfectly in my standard version (non acceleration).

I can live with FSX's limitations, but its gotta be something on your end when it comes to MPCD. I appreciate the effort you guys did, but I suggest you release a second patch to address the MPCD issue. My 2 cents.

Bill, AFAIK Blaze is not a Razbam employee and is not speaking on their behalf, I believe he is trying to give the perspective of a "fellow developer" and convey the challenges and difficulties in achieving flight model fidelity within FSX in his post. For what its worth, a friend has the Razbam AV-8B+ and he is not much enamoured with it either. As pointed out though, DCS is a very different kettle of fish and one would hope that far more will be achieved in terms of V/STOL accuracy etc.

I would strongly urge Razbam to put a great deal of effort into this, if its good and up to snuff it will sell like hotcakes. :)

Cheers. :)

Edited by Biggles07

♫ ' Papa was a hairy mole.....Wherever he dug a den was his home ' ♫

I feel compelled to reply here since WildBillKelsoe decided to comment about a FSX product on a DCS forum.

1. VTOL: FSX does not support vectorial thrust. Period. That's it. In order to mimic vectorial thrust a developer is forced to create workarounds that create conflicts with the sim engine. It is a trade-off and cannot be avoided. I'm sorry if you don't like our answer to the vectorial thrust in FSX. In my very biased opinion, my answer to the vectorial thrust problem is the one that gives you "real" vectorial thrust since I am using actual engine thrust as opposed to the SSW solution that tweaks an invisible flap drag/lift coefficient to generate lift. Is it optimal? No. But then FSX unlike DCS does not allow for the use of an external flight model which would have allowed me to use a real vectorial thrust model. SSW solution works too but in my opinion is the least "real" of the available ones and that is why I didn't use it.

2. Dark MPDs: There is a bug in the MPDs. A your run of the mill syntax error in a gague with over 8000 lines and no compiler/syntax checker. The error is so minor that 99% of the times the gauge is loaded without problem. In your case it seems that the gauge is not loading because of this error an thus you get a dark screen. It took me a long time to find just what kind of error and to track the offending line. I haven't been able to fix it because it is just me doing all the coding work at RAZBAM and I have other stuff in my in tray. Including the T-2 for DCS. So I have to time share between projects and for me that is a killing proposition since I have to switch gears and problems.

I'm sorry that your experience has not been what you wanted, but we are aware of the problems and will fix it ASAP. As for the VTOL thing, I can't help it. You are welcome to try other people's products if you are not satisfied with ours.

As for the DCS Harrier, it is forthcoming but I cannot give a schedule.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

• 7 years later...