Ракеты в DCS

Chizh

ED needs to update the R-27 and R-77 series missiles. Not only are the modern A2A Russian aircraft woefully lacking systems, their missiles are even worse. Makes you just not want to fly Russian birds anymore.

Edited by Kunz

• ED Team
ED needs to update the R-27 and R-77 series missiles.

We'll do it when will be time.

But I ask you not to expect any breakthroughs. Current missiles fly close to their prototypes.

Not only are the modern A2A Russian aircraft woefully lacking systems, their missiles are even worse.

It is a real situation. Russian missiles are not the most advanced in the world.

Edited by Chizh

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

We'll do it when will be time.

But I ask you not to expect any breakthroughs. Current missiles fly close to their prototypes.

It is a real situation. Russian missiles are not the most advanced in the world.

I'm not expecting AIM-120C type guidance and performance, no, certainly not, but at least, the Russian missiles in sim should not be in the current state it is, which is currently useless.

• ED Team
...Russian missiles in sim should not be in the current state it is, which is currently useless.

Please provide arguments.

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

And also, you say when there will be time, I get that to a degree, but when will that time come?

It's been ages since the Russian missiles have been touched, yet there are many improvements to American missiles. It's becoming too much of a one-sided approach to fixing things.

• ED Team

It will be fixed soon.

Other arguments?

Самых лучших нам не надо, нам надо реалистичных. Отрицать недостатки глупо, пересчитываете ракеты вы не на пустом месте

Как ты можешь сравнивать ракеты если у тебя нет нормальных документов даже на 40 летнюю Р-27?

Потому что так всегда было. Как ему кажется.

Р-73 и Р-27 падают с багажной полки в недоумении

Мне отец рассказывал что когда он пускал ракеты на полигоне с МиГ 21 (начало 80х, Казахстан) - они всегда попадали в цель, даже когда это была маневрирующая мишень и ставились помехи. И это помимо того, что по его словам на стрельбы ставилось не новье, а старые ракеты, бывало что и с погнутым оперением. Но это, конечно, всего лишь разговоры.

Об реальном применении в том числе американских ракет я думаю можно судить по результатам бури в пустыне, где ЕМНИП половина пусков заканчивалось сближением и БВБ (что было для всех вроде как сюрпризом).

Я не призываю к разведению споров о том, чьи ракеты круче. Больше к тому, что ракетный бой смоделировать со всеми значимыми факторами не могут даже военные с их бюджетами, и все попытки создания суперракет все равно не отменили БВБ, потому границы реализама тут очень условные. А раз так - то может имеет смысл в рамках известных данных сделать выбор параметров моделирования в пользу игрового аспекта?

P. S. Мое мнение, которое просто мое мнение.

It will be fixed soon.

Other arguments?

The just going to notch for less then second to trash missile fix will already help a lot.

Other arguments are all connected to the turning performance of the missile.

The straight ranges against non-maneuvering targets are excellent and on the ball, unfortunately when the missiles starts to turn, the drag and turn radius seams way too excessive compared to other missiles...

If you look the results from my test, Aim-7m was able to have ~30-40% higher turn rate with ~55% shorter turn radius, pulling 3x times AoA with a much lower speed loss ( 9% vs 39%). All other tested missiles speed loss for such a turn was in ballpark of 9%.

I know to be exact CFD is needed, but I am not sure if turning drag can be reduced a bit as stopgap measure before the full CFD is done?

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery

• ED Team
Самых лучших нам не надо, нам надо реалистичных. Отрицать недостатки глупо, пересчитываете ракеты вы не на пустом месте

Какие недостатки?

Общие слова уже надоели. Давай предметно.

• ED Team
Как ты можешь сравнивать ракеты если у тебя нет нормальных документов даже на 40 летнюю Р-27?

С чего ты взял что нет?

Yes, adjusting the drag when turning and the turn rate until CFD is done would help alot.

It will take many months or even years until we see the R-27 rework.

Flanker and Fulcrum pilots should not have to fly with such a disadvantage over such a long period of time.

We are sick of this!

Eagle Dynamics = America first

FMFoJ77.jpg

Edited by BlackPixxel

• ED Team
Мне отец рассказывал что когда он пускал ракеты на полигоне с МиГ 21 (начало 80х, Казахстан) - они всегда попадали в цель, даже когда это была маневрирующая мишень и ставились помехи. И это помимо того, что по его словам на стрельбы ставилось не новье, а старые ракеты, бывало что и с погнутым оперением. Но это, конечно, всего лишь разговоры.

Конечно разговоры. В официозе всегда писалось - все цели поражены, все задачи выполнены. Если бы какой-то военнослужащий поставил бы это под сомнение, к нему бы сразу пришли мужчины в штатском. Инакомыслие не дозволялось.

Ракеты того поколения имели не высокую надежность и конечно попадали далеко не все.

Об реальном применении в том числе американских ракет я думаю можно судить по результатам бури в пустыне, где ЕМНИП половина пусков заканчивалось сближением и БВБ (что было для всех вроде как сюрпризом).

Не совсем так.

AIM-7 = 24 победы.

AIM-9 = 12 побед.

GAU-8 = 1 победа.

GBU-10 = 1 победа.

Земля = 3 победы.

Edited by Chizh

• ED Team

If you look the results from my test, Aim-7m was able to have ~30-40% higher turn rate with ~55% shorter turn radius, pulling 3x times AoA with a much lower speed loss ( 9% vs 39%). All other tested missiles speed loss for such a turn was in ballpark of 9%.

AIM-7 has a bigger wing and lift.

ну вообще то нет

размах крыльев AIM-7- 0,81м

Размах крыльев Р-27ЭР--0,8м учитывая то что площадь их больше чем у AIM-7

I7-8700K 4,7Ghz, MSI MPG Z390 Gaming EDGE AC , 32 Gb Ram DDR4 Hyper X, RTX 2080

Which would then cause bigger drag and Aim-7 was pulling much bigger AoA causing even more drag, but the Aim-7 lost 30% less speed.

Edited by FoxAlfa

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery