Ракеты в DCS

Chizh

12 hours ago, Chizh said:

This is recorded in the Wishlist, but it requires a big overhauling of all radio-emitting devices and receivers.
In the future, when there is time, we will model the side lobes, but not now.

Thank you! In your opinion what are the priorities missile improvement wise? 

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery

Обратил внимание, что С-300 стал почти неубиваемый: из 4-х выпущенных Хармов уверенно поражает все. Единственное, чем его можно вырубить - это Томагавками и только потому, что у Тикондероги или Арли Бёрка Томагавков больше, чем у С-300 своих ракет(имею ввиду стандартный сет). Это так и должно быть?

Edited by Vladimir_V_T

ПОЗОР ВОЕННЫМ ПРЕСТУПНИКАМ!!! ПОЗОР "АРМИИ" ДЕТОУБИЙЦ!!! ПОЗОР ТРУСАМ, СПОСОБНЫМ ВОЕВАТЬ ТОЛЬКО С МИРНЫМ НАСЕЛЕНИЕМ!!!

3 hours ago, Vladimir_V_T said:

I noticed that the S-300 became almost indestructible: out of 4 released Kharms, it confidently strikes everything. The only thing that can be knocked out is Tomahawks, and only because Ticonderogi or Arlie Burke have more Tomahawks than the S-300 of their own missiles (I mean the standard set). Is this how it should be?

Without some sort of ECM support or massive countermeasures or both, systems like PATRIOT and S300 are not SAMs you want to get close to.  They should be very effective in the absence of something like off-board jamming used in suppor the ARM shots.  Think EA-6, EF-18G, or the systems onboard B-52/B-1B.

The basic tactic would be to put the HARM shooter between the SoJ bird and the SAM, so the ECM and HARM come along on the same azimuth, reducing the SAMs signal to noise ratio.  I would still require multiple axis attack because you still want to saturate the system.

Defeating these systems is a mission all of its own.

Edited by GGTharos
  • Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

7 часов назад, GGTharos сказал:

Without some sort of ECM support or massive countermeasures or both, systems like PATRIOT and S300 are not SAMs you want to get close to.  They should be very effective in the absence of something like off-board jamming used in suppor the ARM shots.  Think EA-6, EF-18G, or the systems onboard B-52/B-1B.

The basic tactic would be to put the HARM shooter between the SoJ bird and the SAM, so the ECM and HARM come along on the same azimuth, reducing the SAMs signal to noise ratio.  I would still require multiple axis attack because you still want to saturate the system.

Defeating these systems is a mission all of its own.

OK. Thanks!

ПОЗОР ВОЕННЫМ ПРЕСТУПНИКАМ!!! ПОЗОР "АРМИИ" ДЕТОУБИЙЦ!!! ПОЗОР ТРУСАМ, СПОСОБНЫМ ВОЕВАТЬ ТОЛЬКО С МИРНЫМ НАСЕЛЕНИЕМ!!!

• ED Team
15 часов назад, Max1mus сказал:
  • AIM-120 missile. Reduced the missile guidance error to the target performing a barrel roll maneuver.

- Latest changelog.

Will this decrease of lock-breaking be modelled on the other missiles, including R-27ER and R-77?

No. This error is only present on advanced guidance system in DCS. AMRAAM and Sparrow at present day.

15 часов назад, Max1mus сказал:

People are reporting that AIM-120 are much, much harder to defeat than some months ago. To the point where at high altitude, the only thing that can save you is a random aiming error.

Meanwhile all the other missiles can still be defeated reliably at all altitudes.

This is natural. AMRAAM is the best missile in the world.

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

• ED Team
14 часов назад, FoxAlfa сказал:

Thank you! In your opinion what are the priorities missile improvement wise? 

We are going to gradually transfer all missiles to advanced flight dynamics and guidance system, as it is now done in AMRAAM. To do this, we are developing components from which it will be possible to quickly assemble of missiles, and not do it every time from scratch.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

7 minutes ago, Chizh said:

We are going to gradually transfer all missiles to advanced flight dynamics and guidance system, as it is now done in AMRAAM. To do this, we are developing components from which it will be possible to quickly assemble of missiles, and not do it every time from scratch.

Wow, that sounds good! Thank you! 

It would be nice to hear from others on this forum what they find as priority...

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery

4 минуты назад, TotenDead сказал:

Ох, как знатно гамбургерами пахнуло, уф. Что, даже лучше метеора? 

Очень жду Еврофайтер 🙂

Поправьте меня, если это не так, но у ED ведь нет никакой информации по возможностям головки самонаведения aim-120, р-77, китайского риса и прочих урвв с агсн и все, что у нас в игре представлено - это лишь фантазия разработчиков

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TotenDead said:

The quote is 'AMRAAM does 80% of what METEOR does at 50% of the price'.   I suppose in this case 'better' might be situational.

• Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

1 минуту назад, GGTharos сказал:

The quote is 'AMRAAM does 80% of what METEOR does at 50% of the price'.   I suppose in this case 'better' might be situational.

Whose quote and based on which publically available official documents? 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TotenDead said:

Whose quote and based on which publically available official documents? 

If you find those, let me know - I don't care to dig up what is basically old news 🙂

Edited by GGTharos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The only source with that statement I can find with some quick searching is this, but its not referring to the AMRAAM, but an improved version of it (ERAAM)

Raytheon offered FMRAAM (Future Medium Range Air-to-Air Missile) for the full BVRAAM requirement. Moreover, at the MoD's request for a lower cost and lower risk staged-approach to BVRAAM, Raytheon have offered ERAAM (Extended Range Air-to-Air Missile) which provides 80% of the performance of BVRAAM at 50% of the price. Raytheon has also offered an upgrade path for the AMRAAMs that the MoD will purchase to initially arm Eurofighter, called AMRAAM B+.

https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/europe/bvraam.htm

• Thanks 1

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

• ED Team
1 час назад, TotenDead сказал:

Гамбургеры лучше русской водки.

По Метеору ничего не известно.

1 час назад, TotenDead сказал:

Поправьте меня, если это не так, но у ED ведь нет никакой информации по возможностям головки самонаведения aim-120, р-77, 

Поправляю. Кое-что есть.

47 минут назад, Chizh сказал:

Гамбургеры лучше русской водки.

Андрей, ну что ты. Про полезность и "лучшесть" гамбургера можешь спросить у диетологов.

И уж при таком сравнении, водка полезный продукт в умеренных кол-вах. Гамбургер в принципе даже в умеренных кол-вах не может похвастать полезностью и совместимостью ингредиентов. От водки вес не набирают, от гамбургеров запросто.

Так что не нужно грязи. ))))))

• Like 2

MB: MPG-Z390 GP / i7 9700KF 4,8 ГГц / DDR4 64 Gb 3466 МГц / GTX 2080Super / Acer 43" ET430KWMIIQPPX 4k / Win 10

Podp_39_Su-27-45.png

10 минут назад, Dell_Murrey-RUS сказал:

..От водки вес не набирают, от гамбургеров запросто.

Зато от гамбургеров всякую чушь на форумах не начинают писать, a от водки запросто.
Так что не нужно иллюзий. ))))))

• Like 1

3d-designs | github

"¡Buque de guerra ruso, vete a la mierda!" ©  Los guardias fronterizos ucranianos estacionados en la isla de las Serpientes

• ED Team
15 минут назад, Dell_Murrey-RUS сказал:

Андрей, ну что ты. Про полезность и "лучшесть" гамбургера можешь спросить у диетологов.

И уж при таком сравнении, водка полезный продукт в умеренных кол-вах. Гамбургер в принципе даже в умеренных кол-вах не может похвастать полезностью и совместимостью ингредиентов. От водки вес не набирают, от гамбургеров запросто.

Гамбургер это питательные вещества, необходимые для жизни. А водка - простой яд который ведет к слабоумию.

Так что не нужно грязи. ))

11 минут назад, sylkhan сказал:

From what world are you talking about, your hollywood world ?

I live in the real world and I advise you too.

2 часа назад, Chizh сказал:

Поправляю. Кое-что есть.

Ну так то да, заявляемая дальность работы гсн, например. .. Но не скорость, при которой нотчится ракета) 

• Like 1

1 час назад, Chizh сказал:

Гамбургер это питательные вещества, необходимые для жизни. А водка - простой яд который ведет к слабоумию.

Так что не нужно грязи. ))

1000 % правда.