Ракеты в DCS

Chizh

9 hours ago, tavarish palkovnik said:

Только для информации, и обратите внимание, что эта таблица для С-8, в СВО в основном используется С-8КОМ, но это не имеет большого значения по дальности.

5900м слишком мало для 230км/ч и 25-30 градусов

Spoiler

Возможно, оператор озвучивает дальность до линии соприкосновения, но это странно.

Я полагаю, что оператор озвучивает дистанцию до намеченной цели.  

5900+5900

Просто в DCS с такими параметрами пуска НАР упадут на 8+км.  Любые: КОМ, ОФП.  Даже в таблице нет таких дистанций.

И лягут плотной дорожкой. Потому что разброса в горизонте у них в игре почти нет

Edited by Velik
Спойлер

Wishlist: MiG-31BM, An-72P, YaK-38M, A-5 Vigilante, YaK-3, He-162

• ED Team
3 hours ago, FlankerFan35 said:

Can you give us any time frame as to when 27ER/77 will be on new API and what level of priority this is?

I can't. We have many priority tasks with current timeline projects.

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

29.08.2022 в 12:13, Chizh сказал:

Есть предположение что РМД2 это РВВ-МД. 

Вон там F-15E на подходе как я понимаю, судя по UFC версия самолета из 90х,а вы не думали ему выдать AIM-120A, и вообще замоделить эту ракету в игру ?

Я как то спрашивал пару лет назад уже, вы говорили что подумаете...

Edited by SandMartin

Мой youtube канал Группа в VK 

IBM x3200 Tower, i7 9700k, Asus Z390-P, HyperX Fury DDR4 2x16Gb 3466 Mhz, HyperX Savage 480Gb SSD, Asus RTX3070 Dual OC 8G, 32" Asus PG329Q, Creative Sound Blaster AE-5, HyperX Cloud Alpha + Pulsefire FPS Pro + Alloy FPS brown, Track IR 4 PRO + Clip Pro, Warhog HOTAS + CH Pro Pedal + есть руль Logitech G25

• ED Team
1 minute ago, SandMartin said:

а вы не думали ему выдать AIM-120A, и вообще замоделить эту ракету в игру ?

В хотелках записано. Но пока не до нее.

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

12 hours ago, Chizh said:

I can't. We have many priority tasks with current timeline projects.

Speaking of missiles and priorities, can you guys take a look at the aim9b, I know its not exactly a sexy missile, but its broken across several modules right now to include 2 of ED's. Basically you guys have it autolock and uncage. Where IRL it only uncaged once the firing sequence started for 9B and for the very early 9A after it was only after it was fired. This behavior is also broken on the F1, and mig19 but I know those aren't your modules. 

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• ED Team
11 hours ago, FlankerFan35 said:

A little confusing, these weapons are the staple of an entire group aircraft and aren't working properly, can you explain what is more important? 

These weapons work properly. Switching to a new model will not give any tactical advantages, rather the opposite.

• ED Team
5 minutes ago, FlankerFan35 said:

How did you reach this conclusion.

We have slightly increased the aerodynamic capabilities of the R-27 compared to the results obtained during the SFD study.

33 minutes ago, Chizh said:

We have slightly increased the aerodynamic capabilities of the R-27 compared to the results obtained during the SFD study.

Can you post the study?

R-27ER flight is mostly ok from what I know, I'm more concerned with guidance, it can be notched as easily as a Sparrow. And for R-77 guidance issue is the same.

• ED Team
3 minutes ago, FlankerFan35 said:

Can you post the study?

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/upload/medialibrary/bda/xnncgbqcdftgat1awbmcegln17yf2c8m/R-27_Missile_Family.pdf

R-27ER flight is mostly ok from what I know, I'm more concerned with guidance, it can be notched as easily as a Sparrow.

What is wrong here?

And for R-77 guidance issue is the same.

When we done a missile components system development and debug, we'll plan to implement it for R-77 and other active missiles.

• ED Team
18 hours ago, Harlikwin said:

Speaking of missiles and priorities, can you guys take a look at the aim9b, I know its not exactly a sexy missile, but its broken across several modules right now to include 2 of ED's. Basically you guys have it autolock and uncage. Where IRL it only uncaged once the firing sequence started for 9B and for the very early 9A after it was only after it was fired. This behavior is also broken on the F1, and mig19 but I know those aren't your modules. 

What aircraft with AIM-9B you mean?

3 hours ago, Chizh said:

What aircraft with AIM-9B you mean?

So how it should work for all planes because the 9B wasn't a fancy missile (as detailed in the links)
missile has 4 degree IFOV,  when in range at rear of target it gets tone within this 4 degree IFOV. Pilot then depress firing trigger, seeker uncages, missile fires .8sec later (as detailed in the additional chart in the F86 bug report). 

How it currently works on various planes in DCS
So on the F86 it auto uncages, i.e. it sees the heat source in the 4degree IFOV, then without firing  the seeker tracks it within the gimbal limits of +/- 25 or 30 whichever you have it set to.
For the F5E, it actually works correctly aside from the fact you can hit the "uncage" button which uncages it like the 9P/P5 which is incorrect (yes I know what the -34 says, but its wrong since every other tac manual about the 9b says it cannot be uncaged)
For the Mirage F1, same as the F86
For the Mig19 same as the the F86 (While the rest of the R3S was modified, the only information I can find in Russian sources indicates the seeker worked like the 9B and the firing sequence was the same)

Works correctly on the Viggen pre-launch (Rb24), however post launch the missile doesn't track correctly (same as earlier bug on the 9b that was fixed, I assume since the rb24 is a separate missile it didn't get fixed)

As the sources say the 9E was the first USAF missile capable of uncaging (and 9G with SEAM for the navy). 
ETA
Heh just read the change log, looks like Aerges has fixed the 9b to work as it should. 

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• ED Team
1 hour ago, Harlikwin said:

How it currently works on various planes in DCS
So on the F86 it auto uncages, i.e. it sees the heat source in the 4degree IFOV, then without firing  the seeker tracks it within the gimbal limits of +/- 25 or 30 whichever you have it set to.
For the F5E, it actually works correctly aside from the fact you can hit the "uncage" button which uncages it like the 9P/P5 which is incorrect (yes I know what the -34 says, but its wrong since every other tac manual about the 9b says it cannot be uncaged)

Thank you. Wrote down to bug tracker.

1 hour ago, Chizh said:

Thank you. Wrote down to bug tracker.

I just tested the new patch, and basically the Aerges F1 implementation is correct and how it should work on the F86, F5, Mig19, etc. They even added that seeker null which is a nice touch on their part. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chizh said:

These weapons work properly

This is very ambitious statement. Although not user, I hardly doubt you managed to program mathematical method of inertial navigation of these rockets, method that can be easily described in mathematical form but hardly “molded” in universal form.

Please don’t take me wrong, but sometimes it’s better to say, we did our best

• ED Team
2 minutes ago, tavarish palkovnik said:

This is very ambitious statement. Although not user, I hardly doubt you managed to program mathematical method of inertial navigation of these rockets, method that can be easily described in mathematical form but hardly “molded” in universal form.

Please don’t take me wrong, but sometimes it’s better to say, we did our best

OK. Agreed. We did our best at present time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Chizh said:

What is wrong here?

Can you please confirm if the battery life is around 60 seconds(R-27ER/ET)? Recently I had a missile which still had kinetic energy(need to dig out tacview/trk from within las 5 days) but it appears that guidance stopped around 60th sec, without being notched or broken lock. It would be strange to design a rocket with certain Raero and Rmax, only to fail due to low battery.

Edited by okopanja
addes missle designation

23 minutes ago, okopanja said:

Can you please confirm if the battery life is around 60 seconds(R-27ER/ET)? Recently I had a missile which still had kinetic energy(need to dig out tacview/trk from within las 5 days) but it appears that guidance stopped around 60th sec, without being notched or broken lock. It would be strange to design a rocket with certain Raero and Rmax, only to fail due to low battery.

Battery powers not only seeker, but in some missiles also aerodynamic controls, and this is not an insignificant load. It is not unusual for a missile to have more kinematic range than battery life although I agree we should be sure of the actual value

40 minutes ago, okopanja said:

IIRC its 60 secs for the R-24, so not unreasonable. No idea on the ER/ET tho, I'd imagine it might be more, but depends on how its powered.

56 minutes ago, okopanja said:

There's nothing strange about it.  Battery is what it is for technical and technological reasons.  So you can't reach max aero, but there are advantages to be had before you reach it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• ED Team
1 hour ago, okopanja said:

Yes, confirm, 60 seconds is a limit of operation time.

The primary driver of R-27ER development was fact that in the estimated duel situation Su-27 with R-27 lost the battle of the F-15 with AIM-7M missiles. Then a more powerful motor was installed so that the 27ER would reach its target faster than the 7M. That is, the main goal was not range, but speed.

• Like 2