Your most epic A-10 failure

Dethmagnetic

I just was practicing refuelling. I'd done better than ever before. I broke from the tanker and was sorting out systems, getting ready to RTB, when CRUNCH! I'd flown canopy first into the underside of the tanker. A slight glitch caused me to stick there, dead, but still attached to the belly of the beast. It took several miles of flight before I broke apart, and my plane destroyed the tanker too!

• 1 year later...

Set up a practice convoy in a narrow valley. Came in low following the valley road and gave the convoy a blast from the GAU. Forgot I'd set up the convoy as 'insurgents': why doesn't the plane repond? Why can't I fly this thing? Why have all switches stopped working? Oh, oh ....... I'm dead, that's why! The rotten s...s fired back!

Alpine Systems PC with Intel i7-2600K @ 3.40/3.70 GHz. NVidia GTX590 Graphics. 24 Gb RAM (24 Gb usable!). 64 bit. Windows 7 PRO SP1. 3 x Samsung P2370 monitors. Thrustmaster HOTAS. TrackIR5. :joystick:

Spawned inside a shelter.

Good day to go flying and drop some steel.

Did my startup procedure.

No hitches.

Started heading out the shelter.

Made a turn to the right to head to the runway.

Heard a soft thud

My plane suddenly swerved to the right

Turned out my wing clipped the shelter door.

Inspected the wing damage.

Seems good

Uhhhhh where's the reverse gear ?

Screen_130318_235921.thumb.jpg.ac85a440f6c963c6dfea637f0506c05f.jpg

Ongoing campaign mission, all ordnances dropped, all tanks destroyed... Quite happy of the 'carnage' after a long trip...

I'd get back RTB and then 'Boum'! I got blown off by a missile launched by a Su-25! I was like 'By a what, a Su-25??? é"çè'§è§&é(çà'eè!&"rç!!!"

Or the classic "Pylone dance"... It goes through, that I'm sure.... Boum! Ooops, it was just too tight with the cables...

Edited by Cedaway

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

Guest Izoul123

For me it's when I've had to many beers to fly and when taxing out the the runway I put one of the wheels in the dirt and get stuck before takeoff. Damn narrow taxiways. That's the one error that erks me the most lol. Or of course blue on blue wiping the '130 refueler out midair.

Edited by Izoul123

Pretty sure I got smoked when I dropped a 38 on something under a Shilka umbrella- Shilka missed me but hit the bomb with predictable results. I'm not 100% sure that's what happened but that's as close as I could get to an explanation.

I don't often get blown out of the sky quite like that- even taking an SA11 to the canopy... but that bomb blowing up underneath me really and truly finished me off. Only threats in the area were the Shilka and a couple of SA9s.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art