Saitek X52Pro Mfd and Fip how to home

algerad3

I was thinking , Maybe if there was a request list I could incorporate those ideas into a project( for both a-10 and ka 50). That way people can get what info they need displayed on the x52 pro. I am still working on the Fip end of things, The education required is making it a long process.

I have multiple ideas on a system to put set up at your finger tips , just a matter of figuring out how to put it together.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] CPIAS FOR Saitek:

Saitek Flight instrument panels and X-52 pro mfd scripts for Dcs

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=94174

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly, thank you for all the hours you have spent on this project. In my opinion, It is very interesting and has many possibilities, as you have already shown above.

Let me propose you some ideas for your project. To me, as Ka-50 virtual pilot, would be really important to display on the MFD screen the information about remaining fuel in each tank, both front and rear, or auxiliary fuel tanks, if any. It would also be very important to see the EGT gauges data, left and right. Moreover, the rotor RPM, and the radio-altimeter.

There are more data (radio frequencies, hydraulic pressures, ...). But the ones above are often difficult to see accurately and they are really important aloft.

I encourage you to continue on your project and thank you very much in advance :thumbup:

Actually those are Damn good points , I spent too much ime focusing on the things that are readily in front of you and not any thought on the things you can's see. Will be rectified.

Thanks for the input.

Karcha, If you have things set up , you should find that the last lua example posted in this thread has all of those gauges working except the egt gauges, give it a try. ( I was away for awhile and forgot that I had gotten that far.)

I had to reinstall everything and for some reason, I can not get the dll to register. I am Back in the wilderness and I am thinking I may need a component from windows update.

Internet too expensive for all those gigabytes . Still working on a few ideas.

Trying to get at a-10 exports, stay patient a little longer.

Hi,

I've been doing some test :pilotfly:. Indeed, the most information I suggested you before is already displayed on the pages of the X-52pro MFD. But It was a surprise that most of those data did not match what was showed by the cockpit instruments, although they were interacting correctly.

I'm not sure, but it could be necessary to multiply the arguments by a coeficient or something. In fact, that solved the QNH (not QFE) data.

In any case, it was really exciting to see all that information available on what, until recently, was a useless screen :thumbup:

As soon as I can, I will provide you more details about those arguments if you are interested.

Thanks again.

Cool,

I realized that some of the values were not correct but wanted to get rid of the uselessness of the screens , share then work on the numbers.

Does your mfd flicker a lot? I may have to change a few other things while I am at it.

As stated earlier, I am a newbie at programming and I could use all the help available, this project tends to limit my stick time.

@ Aaron, when this first got started it was in input output then I moved to this space as I was thinking it was a How to for saitek gear. Though I also agree with where you are coming from, I have finished unpacking from the first thread move and don not feel like moving again ( lazy, I guess)

...Does your mfd flicker a lot? I may have to change a few other things while I am at it...
Affirmative. Not only the mfd, but also the buttons.

I have corrected most values. They match what is showed on instrument now. Basically, the argument has to be multiplied by the range of the instrument. For instance the EGT (Engine Gas Temperature), this instrument is ranged from 0 to 12, so it is multiplied by 1200. Export.lua modified is attached, have a look if you wish.

Are there any docs or links where we can read more functions available to use on Export.lua (i.e. type Logetinfo(),...)?

Export.lua

Karcha, That is awesome!!! Thank you. I had planned on getting around to it eventually , after I figure a few more things out.

I actually figured out how I can use the page change callback and putting something together .

Also I am testing to see what items gives us values and will interact with the scroll wheels.

If you are using a usb hub to attach the joystick, try running off of the main board usb. I was getting smooth number transitions and no flickers but, now for some reason the data lags big time. I still get data 10 minutes after I close dcs. The hub connection gives me flickers.

Maybe it is the "every frame " response.

Hey, I got rid of some of the flickering issues.

Go to the saitek control panel and reset the mfd brightness . I had it at high , slid it to medium. ran the sim , no change . turned it back to high and now the flickering is such that I can easily read the intended information.

Give it a try.. Ymmv.

Hey, I got rid of some of the flickering issues.

Go to the saitek control panel and reset the mfd brightness . I had it at high , slid it to medium. ran the sim , no change . turned it back to high and now the flickering is such that I can easily read the intended information.

Give it a try.. Ymmv.

Right, It seems that your instructions have fixed the flickering issue :thumbup:

Additionally, Could you find a way to display the Fuel Consumption? Knowing this data would be really important and useful, as you can image.

Talking about bugs, sometimes, when the right scroll wheel of the MFD is used, the sim crashes.

I will see if is available. I was playing with the scroll wheel last night for radio freq knobs. Got it to work with out crashing, now need to fix it so I can click and change dials.

I was also playing with the buttons and knobs on the abris using saitek fip.

Buttons work, sometimes knobs crash (both) sometimes not. I think it is more likely I am setting things up wrong. I am sure I can resolve and we will be able to change radio freq with X52.

For those with the fip, I will have something to control abris , soon, no picture/video will be displayed yet. Butt you will have buttons and not have to mouse over. I hope to do the same for the other gauges with test buttons and adjuster knobs.

Scoping out a-10 as well. I hope to accomplish the same for the mfds (buttons and knobs.)as well as get x52 to display critical info. Just need more time and learning.

Ripcord, I totally agree with you there. It would have also helped if they created their dll. to function the way the lua dll. works. Simple to use and creates a rewarding environment for learning puter programing.

Karcha, Maybe you want to gloss over this, ( actually anyone can.)

I am trying to get the r-800 knobs to function independently off of the right scroll wheell click, it seems that if I press scroll wheel down and roll the knob I get two or three dials turning, when I lift off the button and scroll, I get the left dial to turn as a single unit.

I am trying to get the dials to turn individually after every click.

( dial 1 rolls , click scrollwheel and then dial 2 rolls etc.)

Also here is a list of most of the arguments from blackshark that can be used by the desired saitek products. I have not included warning lights , landing gear etc just yet.

Heading over to the A-10 side of things for minute( try and get that together)

the Lua file is a kludge of a mess right now , just for testing and exploring.

Export.lua

dcs arguments - Copy.zip

algerad3, for sure I will give it a detailed study :book:, but I have to mention that I am not a programmer or something like that.

Thanks for the excel attached. In this way an argument is easier to find instead of using the mainpanel_init.lua file.

...the Lua file is a kludge of a mess right now , just for testing and exploring.
:lol:

No problem, it is ok, as you said, just for testing.

advancements have been made !!!!!!!!

Well , I must be getting better at this. I finally wrapped my head around a few things and after pounding the desk a few times I got it working.:book:

If you use this new export file, keep in mind that I did not add in the math that Karcha has provided....not yet, was frustrating enough to get where i got.

On the radio page , if you press the scroll wheel and then roll it up or down you will get a pleasant surprise.( it was for me ) not sure how useful it is in single player, but you team speak peoples might love it.

I will add tuning for the r-828 in the next few weeks, Gotta get on the a-10 project. Now that i know how to program the x52p to change radio freqs,

it will be done for the a-10.

Export.lua

oh , crap ... forgot , Ripcord...

I got some button functions going on for the fip. Not quite yet ready.

No pics on the little screen yet ( gotta learn how to draw gauges) but i can control the abris with them.

will also be able to do the button functions for each gauges.

Give me about a week.

I will see if is available. I was playing with the scroll wheel last night for radio freq knobs. Got it to work with out crashing, now need to fix it so I can click and change dials.

I was also playing with the buttons and knobs on the abris using saitek fip.

Buttons work, sometimes knobs crash (both) sometimes not. I think it is more likely I am setting things up wrong. I am sure I can resolve and we will be able to change radio freq with X52.

For those with the fip, I will have something to control abris , soon, no picture/video will be displayed yet. Butt you will have buttons and not have to mouse over. I hope to do the same for the other gauges with test buttons and adjuster knobs.

Scoping out a-10 as well. I hope to accomplish the same for the mfds (buttons and knobs.)as well as get x52 to display critical info. Just need more time and learning.

Hi,

If you still get crashes let me know, perhaps this is something related to the DLL.

I know there is a lot of crashes on FS and I'm wokring on fixing this issue.

Chrillith, I was working on the scroll wheel for a bit and was getting a lot of freezes and crashes. When I finally put the things together as they are now (in the script) The crashes stopped. I believe , in the case of Dcs products, the crashes were the result of the learning process and wrong code placement.

I have not tried the fip yet , it was crashing too, but I am sure that when I get it coded properly ( as close to it as I can do ) it should stop.

I will update.

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone experiencing weird behavior with their x52 pro mfd screen.

For me , if i plug into the main board usb.. I get a really bad lag.

If I plug into a hub, the lag goes away but the screen is way to jittery.

Was working on a-10 script last night and got a solid screen using a hub, but tonight back to jitters.

Anyways, a-10 seems to be less forgiving than the black shark, so it will take a little longer than I hoped. Radios almost there !!! so there is a little good news.

• 3 weeks later...

Algerad3

You guys still working on this or have you gave up.

Can I jump in and help out its just I have the x52pro and although there are some good profiles to use made by others I would like to start programing it to do more as I am sure it could do much more than it does at present.

I have no programing knowledge at all but I am a fast learner providing I have clear instructions.

I have no idea what fip means or even lau although I have been able to open a lau file and turn it into a readable format using notepad not sure if that was the right thing to do but it worked.

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

Welcome aboard Jay,

Real life has kept me busy but, yes still chugging along on it.

Fip is short for Flight instrument Panel ; another device made by Saitek that uses the direct output dll.

Somewhere in this thread is a series of tutorials that will get you up to speed with what i currently know about programming the Saitek devices.

Give them a read and play around with it. If you want to edit the lua files it is recommended that you use Note++ ( a free notepad editor, just google and you will find. Notepad as I understand , is not fully reliable in converting lua scripts properly. If you have any more questions let us know .