Patching

mikethemadmonk

I am just reinstalling Black shark and A10c into "The World". My version of Black shark is 101, so when I go to the updates I don't see how to get from Patch 102 to the latest version. Also are these patches for the new version of Black shark 2 or the original?

Getting somewhat confusing.

Is there a patch guide? I cannot find anything.:helpsmilie:

World will ONLY work with BS2. If you have BS1 you can purchase the upgrade to BS2. I highly recommend BS2 for so many reason I cant list here. BS 1.0.2 is the highest BS1 ever got and is no longer going to be updated. Only BS2 in World will be supported moving forward.

As far as patches, the best answer would be, there are none.... DCS world 1.2.0 is the full version download. You would then need to download your appropriate aircraft module also version 1.2.0 and install that into world. Pay close attention to the verison numbers. 1.2.0 (1.2.0.0) is the latest verison.

Edited by BigfootMSR

DCS: A10C Warthog JTAC coordinate entry training mission http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/99424/

DCS: Blackshark 2 interactive training missions http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84612

Basically if you only have BS 1(1.01/1.02) you're done - it will not integrate with DCS World - and will remain a stand alone product outside of World.

As per BigfootMSRs reply - I would thoroughly recommend paying the extra bucks and buying the upgrade. I cannot put my finger on it - but it just seems better.

Process would be:

Install 1.02.

Purchase and download Upgrade (gives you another keycode).

Install - this then gives you a standalone BS2 installation.

Download the BS2 1.2.0.0 patch - which will integrate BS2 with DCS World.

Enjoy!

Also download BigfootMSRs training missions - unless of course you are fully up and running in terms of BS flight...?! They are very good, easy to understand tutorials for basic/advanced aircraft training.

Hope that helps...

Edited by Leg2ion

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X; ASUS ROG Strix X570-F, Corsair Vengeance 64 GB (2x 32GB) 3600MHz; Seagate FireCuda 510 500GB M.2-2280 (OS); Samsung 860 EVO 2TB M.2-2280 (DCS); MSI GeForce RTX 3090 SUPRIM X 24GB OC GPU. TM Warthog Hotas; T.Flight Pedals; DelanClip/Trackhat.

Basically if you only have BS 1(1.01/1.02) you're done - it will not integrate with DCS World - and will remain a stand alone product outside of World.

As per BigfootMSRs reply - I would thoroughly recommend paying the extra bucks and buying the upgrade. I cannot put my finger on it - but it just seems better.

Process would be:

Install 1.02.

Purchase and download Upgrade (gives you another keycode).

Install - this then gives you a standalone BS2 installation.

Download the BS2 1.2.0.0 patch - which will integrate BS2 with DCS World.

Enjoy!

Close, but you do not need to have the BS2 standalone.

Install BS 1.02 (your current version install will work for this. It only needs to detect the key on your HDD)

Install DCS World

purchase and download the upgrade module for World.

Install BS2 module to world. (it will scan and locate the correct spot for install.)

Also download BigfootMSRs training missions - unless of course you are fully up and running in terms of BS flight...?! They are very good, easy to understand tutorials for basic/advanced aircraft training.

Hope that helps...

Thanks again for the kind words Legion :)

DCS: A10C Warthog JTAC coordinate entry training mission http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/99424/

DCS: Blackshark 2 interactive training missions http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84612

Close, but you do not need to have the BS2 standalone.

Install BS 1.02 (your current version install will work for this. It only needs to detect the key on your HDD)

Install DCS World

purchase and download the upgrade module for World.

Install BS2 module to world. (it will scan and locate the correct spot for install.)

Aha, I stand corrected BigfootMSR! Admittedly I screwed my first run at installing everything after a computer rebuild - and thought I could bring 1.0.2 into DCSWorld by installing the 1.2.0.0 patch...:music_whistling: ....'nuff said - it didn't work.

I then READ the instructions and figured I had to BUY the upgrade, install it, then install DCSW then run the 1.2.0 patch to integrate, hence I have both a standalone and an integrated version. If I were to uninstall the standalone I am now assuming it won't effect the DCSW install?

Another question, probably not for this thread but hope you can help or point me in the right direction...

How do I add pilot photos/squadron emblems or introduce new squadrons into the game. I am looking to make available UK Army Air Corps Squadrons as selectable squadrons, inclusive of emblems, as I feel the RAF options that are available are not indicative of an attack helo squadron. Additionally I will be attempting to produce a skin in the guise of the new AAC Aircraft Camo Pattern. May take me a while due to work commitments but hope to get there eventually...

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X; ASUS ROG Strix X570-F, Corsair Vengeance 64 GB (2x 32GB) 3600MHz; Seagate FireCuda 510 500GB M.2-2280 (OS); Samsung 860 EVO 2TB M.2-2280 (DCS); MSI GeForce RTX 3090 SUPRIM X 24GB OC GPU. TM Warthog Hotas; T.Flight Pedals; DelanClip/Trackhat.

No worries Leg2ion. As for the skins and what not. I would head over to the mods section from the main forum page. There are lots of people there that can help you add them in and several people that have already created mods to add several others into the game.