Eye Candy

Timghetta

Keep in mind, the FSX user base is HUGE compared to DCS. It was/is much easier for a larger group to create a market for multiple renditions of the same aircraft.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I agree, and completely can see the legitimate cause for interest and concern.

I was referring to FSX development of similar aircraft :)

While a different market and community, I'm sure there are many similarities in the respective users. Time will tell!

Interestingally enough, I think the Mudhen was an FSX aircraft which also had two very good productions published very close to eachother. :D

If one is more realistic than the other you'll never hear the end of it, or the other dev or ED will never hear the end of it.:D

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Keep in mind, the FSX user base is HUGE compared to DCS. It was/is much easier for a larger group to create a market for multiple renditions of the same aircraft.

dcs will grow now that it has expanded, opened the door for third party, just a matter of time

new users will come flocking.

Edited by diveplane

dcs will grow now that it has expanded, opened the door for third party, just a matter of time

new users will come flocking.

There is a chicken and egg problem with that theory. The third parties have to produce a number and a variety of aircraft to draw the users, but they have to sell the first few addons to the users that currently exist.

One or two new aircraft a year is not going to draw a crowd.

EDIT: More than aircraft are needed, too.

Edited by cichlidfan
  • Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Like more highly detailed terra in all directions? ;) I know Nevada is coming, but you can only dress a desert so much.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

There is a chicken and egg problem with that theory. The third parties have to produce a number and a variety of aircraft to draw the users, but they have to sell the first few addons to the users that currently exist.

Exactly. In the SF2 world we produced so far 47 different F-16 versions. Each with correct pits weapons etc. that brought maybe another 1000 users to CombatAce. One or two a year isnt going to cut it.

[sigpic][/sigpic]

US Air Force Retired, 1C371

No rank or title will ever be as important as the unit patch you wear.

I post rarely here on ED's forums, but hey, what a great decision. The DCS F-15E model is absolutely outstanding, it is the best model I've seen so far. That plus your (Razbam's) gorgeous cockpit is a dream come true. Have to get it from day one after release despite the fact that I love the F/A-18 Hornet!

:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

....This cockpit is just in the initial stages as we will redo the modeling, adding more detail and tessellation to get a smoother and more fluid version for the DCS engine....

Do you work with a Dx10/11 engine?

EDIT: What's the difference between Razbam and Metal2Mesh? Are those 2 different companies?

Edited by Cedaway

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

Do you work with a Dx10/11 engine?

EDIT: What's the difference between Razbam and Metal2Mesh? Are those 2 different companies?

Well, I was wondering about that, too.

Yes, sorry about that.

I used the term tessellation to apply within 3DSMAX as a modifier. I was referring to the polygon edges with round areas such as the canopy bow. I will redo a lot of the 3D model to have an overall smoother look and to match the F-15C artistic impressions that will ED/TFC will release.

As for the engine being DX11 that allows that form of tessellation, that is on the Studio, but remember that is going to be another function the GPU will have to perform and will cause an impact on FPS.

What game developers have to do is put on a magic show, we generally bake in textures and build the model to look the best it can with out impact to performance. So the GPU/CPU has to do as little as possible to make it look good in the fast pace rendering of the game's engine.

Razbam and Metal2Mesh are 2 separate companies. We have teamed up together to work on this DCS Title.

Edited by Timghetta

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We take the Metal and bring it to Mesh

Thank you for the answer, Timghetta

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

This is what we will be working on this DCS Wednesday with the F-15E project. We have a few things we want to adjust and add more polygons too.

It's already very detailed even has the pressure seal and underlying structure that is the strength of the canopy.

266289_393484884057053_1376369986_o.jpg

So we'll see you then.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We take the Metal and bring it to Mesh

This is what we will be working on this DCS Wednesday with the F-15E project. We have a few things we want to adjust and add more polygons too.

It's already very detailed even has the pressure seal and underlying structure that is the strength of the canopy.

So we'll see you then.

I assume this is only for the cockpit model? Or is this going to be submitted to ED for use in their exterior F-15E as well? Looks gorgeous at any rate!

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

So we'll see you then.

From what Timghetta said, it seems like the F-15E will be released soon.:pilotfly:

You're making a joke, right?

Or have a brand new definition of soon.

...or did you mean just the canopy.

From what Timghetta said, it seems like the F-15E will be released soon.:pilotfly:

Yep, It was relesed last week!

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Yep, It was relesed last week!

That was Nevada. ;)