Eye Candy

Timghetta

What, the F-15E or the dual seats? Both of these are well on their way to becoming a reality.

Dual seats, where a second playing can take the role of WSO/co-pilot/gunner/RIO with another player.

Is this something ED themselves are working on?

Nice work guys, kinda makes me wish I took more pictures of the E-model I sat in a few months back. Scared the crap out of the guy in the front seat when I moved the stick in the back....he thought it was possessed.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

I must say that :censored: is very :cold: :thumbup: I will have to get a second set of MFCD's..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

Dual seats, where a second playing can take the role of WSO/co-pilot/gunner/RIO with another player.

Is this something ED themselves are working on?

Yeah, ED and BelSimTek are working on an implementation right now. It was in the press release that they hope to have full multi-seat capabilities on release of the UH-1H, or shortly after.

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

I can openly confirm dual cockpits will be usable but in single player only, this is a DCS current limitation, AFAIK multiplayer dual cockpits is being worked on, but no promises on that department, and it´s all i can say in the open...remember, NDA

Wait.. .So dual seat "only in single player". That makes no sense, im guessing you mean a 2-player multiplayer session on a "single-player mission"? (I.e. 2 players cant vacate the same aircraft on "regular" multiplayer servers).

He means that both seats will be available, but only one player per airplane can be confirmed at the moment. This probably means that the single player will be able to control both stations by switching seats in flight. Other players will not be able to join your single player games.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wait.. .So dual seat "only in single player". That makes no sense, im guessing you mean a 2-player multiplayer session on a "single-player mission"?

No, it means what it says, ie dual seat in SP only, meaning 1 Human and 1 Bot per plane and not 2 Humans per plane.

One can however assume that dual seat will also be available in multiplayer with the obvious caveat that the second seat will be occupied by a Bot and not by a Human. In that regard the 'only in single player' is admittedly a wee bitty confusing.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

No, it means what it says, ie dual seat in SP only, meaning 1 Human and 1 Bot per plane and not 2 Humans per plane.

One can however assume that dual seat will also be available in multiplayer with the obvious caveat that the second seat will be occupied by a Bot and not by a Human. In that regard the 'only in single player' is admittedly a wee bitty confusing.

Ok, to me that's the same as saying it WONT be dual seat at all, bots don't count. :(

Ok, to me that's the same as saying it WONT be dual seat at all, bots don't count. :(

Indeed ! Kinda weird they hadent figured this out before all the 3rd party boys jumped in. Now its running behind the facts

Flanker, Flanker 2.0, Flanker 2.5, Lockon, FC1, FC2,FC3, BS1, BS2, A10C, CA and World

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's been said more times than I can count that the HOPE is to eventually have 2 seat MP compatability but since it hasn't been done before it may take some time.

I want it as well, especially for our training squadron in the 476th vFG but like all things it'll take time!

Actually it has been done before in Lock-on(forget which version) - I destinctly remember there being an experimental MP training feature, where two players could occupy the same cockpit as pilot/trainee via LAN.

This went out the window with the elimination of the LAN mode(MP only via WAN) though.

JJ

Actually it has been done before in Lock-on(forget which version) - I destinctly remember there being an experimental MP training feature, where two players could occupy the same cockpit as pilot/trainee via LAN.

This went out the window with the elimination of the LAN mode(MP only via WAN) though.

This is DCS World not Lock-on

• 2 weeks later...

665222_404428209629387_397571364_o.jpg

We didn't want leave you with out a pic. OK, this is a real time development pic. It looks like we are going backwards, but really we are in a transitional stage with the new mapping and texture set. The SFM is done and flies like a Mudhen. Development on the AFM is beginning. Coding is going on in the background with the avionics and systems it's going to be some time to finish the high fidelity of DCS quality.

I must stress this very RARE footage.

DCS WEDNESDAY F-15E UPDATE...

We didn't want leave you with out a pic. OK, this is a real time development pic. It looks like we are going backwards, but really we are in a transitional stage with the new mapping and texture set.

I must stress this very RARE footage.

665222_404428209629387_397571364_o.jpg

Was hoping to get the new textures and mapping finished. I knew you guys wanted to see what was going on so I posted this. Most likely by next week it will be back to textured and as the weeks go on we can start to show the avionics implementations.

I have actually placed my Mirage 2000C on hold for right now to give more time to this project for a faster output. Once that is done it will head over to our texture artist, where he will put even more magic on the new texture set with some really good bakes and effects.

As for the SFM, she is flying pretty well, close to the TO with regards to the performance, and we will start the AFM stages shortly.

Coding is going on in the background with the avionics, systems, and the controllers in DCS. It's going to take some time to finish the high fidelity benchmark of DCS quality, our goal to have a robust and detailed package. We will show stages of this in videos and screen shots so you can see how in-depth we going to get with the systems, including the radar, weapons, and other various areas.

We love when you ask questions and that you are concerned about different aspects such as details and what will be in the aircraft. We do read them and consider them very much. Unfortunately we can not answer them at this time, either because work is still under way or to be honest if we have the means to even accomplish it, it's still too young. I can assure you that as time goes by, you will see a more complete picture that will put all the speculations to bed.

Edited by Timghetta

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We take the Metal and bring it to Mesh