Flaming Cliffs Activation Problems

Manson

• 2 weeks later...

HELP ME PLEASE!

I bought Lock On Gold from newegg.com. I got 3CDs in the box. 1t was lockon, and the other 2 were Flamings Cliffs.

I am new to flight sim and gaming, and I waited quite awhile before I decided to buy it because of the high price.

Yesterday I had to upgrade my window XP computer. When I was finished starforce wouldn’t let me start flaming cliffs anymore.

I thought that there was a problem with windows and so I reinstall the whole program of LockOn Gold all over. Now I realize that that was wrong after I checked the website and saw that I should have saved regkey----too late!

I emailed customer service but no answer yet. I can’t afford to pay another $50 for the game. I really like it and had fun and inpiration just checking out mostly the training videos and tutorials while I continue train on Microsoft Flight Simulator in a small Cessna aircraft. I was planning to graduate into a competent “LockOn Pilot” some day.

Question: If I clean off windows completely and then reinstall it from scratch, will I be able to reactivate Flaming Cliffs?

Thanks to anyone who can help me. Please.

Well I must say that this is the first time I've ever bought a game for $50 big bucks and then it seems like I'm going to have to dump it.

This sucks because I work long hard hours for my money. This is just not fair.

I just can't bother with all this trouble. Anyone know of any other good flight sim with fighter jets and missions like Lockon?

I'm going to call the number about the recall cd thing. If no one answers I'm staying away from Lockon forever and warn all my friends too.

Guest ruggbutt

Faulty discs happen in all software from time to time. Contact Evolved and get a replacement disc. After that you'll have no problems whatsoever.

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN
Well I must say that this is the first time I've ever bought a game for $50 big bucks and then it seems like I'm going to have to dump it.

This sucks because I work long hard hours for my money. This is just not fair.

I just can't bother with all this trouble. Anyone know of any other good flight sim with fighter jets and missions like Lockon?

I'm going to call the number about the recall cd thing. If no one answers I'm staying away from Lockon forever and warn all my friends too.

If you dont persist in trying to get a new replacement cd, and just forget about lockon, then my "unknown friend", you will be missing out on the BEST fighter sim BAR NONE on the pc or any console for that matter.

This sim blows the competition away, if you are looking for realism and good graphics, then there isnt any other fighter sim out there that comes close to lockon.

My advice would be to continue to harrass Evolved for that replacement cd, It will arrive eventually, and when it does, you WILL be glad you didnt just give up. Next time you buy anything to do with lockon, check the lockon forums first, dont mistake that/here for the ubi forums, and see what most people here recommend, I for one recommend the web download version, It just means that you deal directly with the manufacturers of Lockon and not some 3rd party retailer. So if there is any problems, they are more than likely to be fixed quicker with there versions than somebody elses mistake of a version, i.e. Evolved's version.

Goodluck in getting that other CD.

Hi all, thanks for the support. I did get quick responses from the Lockon people. That was good.

But yesterday when I put it in cd again the game suddenly started up fine just like before. So now it's working fine. Starforce checked the cd and let it run. No asking for activation like previously. I have no idea what happened. Maybe it adjusted to my new windows upgrade---who knows!

Now should I still get the replacement cd ? I don't know. I went ahead and saved the regkey anyway just in case.

Thanks all.

Yeah you're right. well they said that if I have the same problem again, then I should send for the replacement. So far the disc is working fine again. I really can't bother with problems of any kind, even to send for new discs so I'm just leaving things the way they are right now. It's working again and that's all I care about.

Thanks for the support though. I really appreciate it. Nothing like good people in good forums.

Pat

i still dont get this do i have ti oar inline to activate the CD? i just want the freaking su25T :(

If the Lock On Gold CD is working properly, you don't need to do anything - it'll check the CD and run.

If the CD is one of the initial run that was corrupted, then it will ask you for a serial number. No, you didn't get given a serial number, and you shouldn't be looking for one ;)

If the CD asks you for a serial number, you have a faulty disk and need to get it replaced by Evolved Games.

However, there are other ways to buy Flaming Cliffs - as a download from lockon.ru (which needs a serial number that you're given on purchase), or as a Flaming Cliffs CD from NaturalPoint.com (which is another CD-check).

it says "failed to identify the disc in the drive. insert a liscenced disc."

when were the defective discs acknowledged and when were they recalled?

*it was bought for me probably around september 3rd-ish*

Don't remember exactly when they were acknowledged.

Follow this link - scroll down to the bottom, it has the details for what to do if you suspect your disk is faulty:

http://www.evolvedgames.com/lockon.htm