[Solved] DCS World 1.2.1 KA-50 activation declined by the server

MemphisBelle

Before you run that file and nuke the registry:

- Lock On Modern air combat and Flaming Cliffs 2 (Working perfectly)

- Black Shark 1 Full Version (Activated and working perfectly)

Leave these alone.

- Black Shark 2 Upgrade Version (not activated, probably working perfectly)

- DCS World (Not activated due to the error, SU-25T works perfect)

- Black Shark 2 module for DCS World (Not working, game crashes)

Uninstall these and delete ALL leftover folders, if any, and your Saved Games folders relating to DCS.

Thereafter install DCS World and relevant modules, taking care to install the BS2 Upgrade module as opposed to the BS2 Full module as you alluded to earlier in this thread.

Very Important:

Do not confuse the BS2 Upgrade with the BS2 Upgrade module. You do not need the former - you do however need the latter.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Ok folks, I finally was able to make it work!!!

First, I must thank the valuable help from Master 159th_viper. His wisdom was the light on this dark ages!!!

This is what you have to do:

for those who purchased BS2 Upgrade (like me):

- Leave black shark 1 fully activated.

- Uninstall black shark 2 and World.

- Delete all folders containing any information about DCS BS2 and World:

By default, they are located at:

- for windows 64x c:\program files\eagle dynamics

- Remove also your saved games:

- c:\users\[username]\saved games

- After all files are removed, erase the registry entry mentioned by Viper:

- You can either run the file he posted above. It will download as an .reg.mp3, just rename it and remove the mp3 extension. Right click on the file and select MERGE.

- Or you can locate the following entry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eagle Dynamics by running regedit and go ahead and delete the registry entry. BE CAREFUL WITH EDITING THE REGISTRY. I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU RUIN YOUR REGISTRY AND YOUR COMPUTER TURNS INTO AN APPLE, LOL. just kidding (about apple, the registry is serious thing!)

- Once the files were removed and the registry was clean, proceed to install DCS world. I ran the following file: DCS_World_en_1.2.1.5970.exe.

- Very important step, thanks to Viper for this advice: DO NOT INSTALL BLACK SHARK 2, FULL OR UPGRADE (the standalone game). This was my mistake and that's why I was getting an error. You need to install just the module for BS2.

- Proceed to install the BS2 module, depending on what you purchased, on my case, I purchased the upgrade from BS1. So my file is: KA-50_bsupd_1.2.1.5970.exe

- Run DCS world the first time and let the platform update to the latest version.

- Run DCS World multiplayer: A new activation window shows up, but this time the serial number was not pre-populated. I proceeded to enter my serial number and pressed next. This time, the product was successfully activated!!!

- Joined a server and jumped into a Chopper in disbelief, and it worked perfectly!!!

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!

Hope this helps.

Thanks again, Viper!!

Houd.

Edited by houdini382

Rig:

- Intel Core i7-2600K CPU 3.40 GHz Sandy Bridge. - Thermaltake FRIO CPU cooling system. - 16 Gb. DDR3 Corsair Vengeance RAM memory. - NVIDIA GForce. 4 Gb DDR5 Video Card. - Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 5RX 7.1 Dolby Surround Audio Card and Creative 7.1 speakers system. - 1 Tb Solid State primary HD and 500 Gb backup HD. - Antec Dark Fleet DF-85 Case. - Cooler Master 850W power supply. - Xfinity 200 Mbps Internet. - Warthog HOTAS.

Does the above work for the cd versions?

Does the above work for cd versions

I have the cd for A-10c and BS1

Have had all the problems you guys have.

I have the bs2 upgrade in download format.

So if I put the games on, and include the bs2 upgrade

Do I install the previous patches? or is that a mistake

Any help appreciated

Agree with Kunter7

I tried again to get this going, now my BS1 will not load and gives an error that parts of the game are missing. I had this error about a year or so back, to do with the setup.exe, and autorun not working.

So wiped A=10 & BS off and starting from the cd's =again.

I have however got A=10C working and updated to prior to DCS World freepatch.

Will keep it like that until I get BS1 working.

Although I am very frustrated with the lost hours on this, I appreciate that the team have issued this is good faith and that it must be a disappointment that there are so many problems

Would appreciate some more information from the team on how we proceed in the future.

I take it we have to get back to DCS World update 1 before we can proceed further.

Would like clear instructions on what happens if it does NOT work on installation

Will be back, once I've got the basics working and thank you to all who contribute to helping us get going

Thank you

I tried again to get this going, now my BS1 will not load and gives an error that parts of the game are missing. I had this error about a year or so back, to do with the setup.exe, and autorun not working.

So wiped A=10 & BS off and starting from the cd's =again.

I have however got A=10C working and updated to prior to DCS World freepatch.

Will keep it like that until I get BS1 working.

Although I am very frustrated with the lost hours on this, I appreciate that the team have issued this is good faith and that it must be a disappointment that there are so many problems

Would appreciate some more information from the team on how we proceed in the future.

I take it we have to get back to DCS World update 1 before we can proceed further.

Would like clear instructions on what happens if it does NOT work on installation

Will be back, once I've got the basics working and thank you to all who contribute to helping us get going

Thank you

Hey Cotsman.

What if you try with the files on the webpage? and use the serial numbers you already have?

Uninstall everything and remove saved games folder.

Clean the registry as explained above.

download BS1. Install it and activate it.

Download DCS world and the module for A-10.

Let DCS World self update.

Run multiplayer, activate the A-10 and try it.

Repeat the process with the BS2 upgrade module.

Make sure you don't install the standalone games, just the modules.

See what happens and post your results.

Houd.

Rig:

- Intel Core i7-2600K CPU 3.40 GHz Sandy Bridge. - Thermaltake FRIO CPU cooling system. - 16 Gb. DDR3 Corsair Vengeance RAM memory. - NVIDIA GForce. 4 Gb DDR5 Video Card. - Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 5RX 7.1 Dolby Surround Audio Card and Creative 7.1 speakers system. - 1 Tb Solid State primary HD and 500 Gb backup HD. - Antec Dark Fleet DF-85 Case. - Cooler Master 850W power supply. - Xfinity 200 Mbps Internet. - Warthog HOTAS.

What about BS1 that was purchased through Steam and has no CD key.

When I try to install the Ka-50 module upgrade, it says BS1 must be installed and activated. It is but through Steam.

I would consider opening a trouble ticket

http://support.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/?login=yes

because AFAIK that problem has been resolved and it should work just fine with Steam.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

it says BS1 must be installed and activated. It is but through Steam.

Starting a game in Steam usually finishes the installation and probably completes the activation as well.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

THANK YOU

To all who have patiently explained the install system, I finally got back to installing 1.2.1 today, when the penny dropped that you have to download the modules for each game, it did not take long to get both going...knew I was thick..but the original instrucion to uninstall and re-install did not mention further updates....ok I'm still thick ha ha

THANK YOU to all who put these posts up

flyingscotsman

Well - I have the same problem, have all modules and after being FORCED to uninstall everything to get 1.2.1 it all worked accept the BS2 Upgrade module. I had to first reinstall BS1 with Starforce etc to even install and then ran into the exact problem you have with failed activation even though it even "remembers" the correct key...

One week ago I put in a support ticket but no answer still, so I guess I have to uninstall everything AGAIN, and then try your procedure with the reg clean etc.

And yes, I am irritated and have bought every friggin game ED released since the original Flanker for DOS.

EDIT: A correction is that it's not really Starforce for BS1, that was Flaming Cliffs 1?

Edited by mazex

Ryzen 7800X3D | Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX MB | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | RTX 3080 GPU | Sound BlasterX AE-5 | Windows 11 Pro x64 | Virpil T-50 Throttle | T50 CM2 Grip + WarBRD | VKB T-rudder MK IV | Asus PG279Q 1440p | Valve Index VR | Samsung 980 Pro as system disk and DCS on separate Intel 665P NVME SSD

First, I must thank the valuable help from Master 159th_viper. His wisdom was the light on this dark ages!!!

- You can either run the file he posted above. It will download as an .reg.mp3, just rename it and remove the mp3 extension. Right click on the file and select MERGE.

- Or you can locate the following entry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eagle Dynamics by running regedit and go ahead and delete the registry entry. BE CAREFUL WITH EDITING THE REGISTRY. I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU RUIN YOUR REGISTRY AND YOUR COMPUTER TURNS INTO AN APPLE, LOL. just kidding (about apple, the registry is serious thing!)

- Once the files were removed and the registry was clean, proceed to install DCS world. I ran the following file: DCS_World_en_1.2.1.5970.exe.

- Very important step, thanks to Viper for this advice: DO NOT INSTALL BLACK SHARK 2, FULL OR UPGRADE (the standalone game). This was my mistake and that's why I was getting an error. You need to install just the module for BS2.

- Proceed to install the BS2 module, depending on what you purchased, on my case, I purchased the upgrade from BS1. So my file is: KA-50_bsupd_1.2.1.5970.exe

- Run DCS world the first time and let the platform update to the latest version.

- Run DCS World multiplayer: A new activation window shows up, but this time the serial number was not pre-populated. I proceeded to enter my serial number and pressed next. This time, the product was successfully activated!!!

- Joined a server and jumped into a Chopper in disbelief, and it worked perfectly!!!

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!

Hope this helps.

Thanks again, Viper!!

Houd.

Thanks a lot Houdini, followed your instructions step by step and it worked fine. First I got the warning that BS1 was not activated when I tried to install the BS2 Update module so I guess the reg got lost after running the .reg file (I did not uninstall that one). So I had to start BS1 and got the activation dialog (and lost another activation). After that BS2 Update started and after starting DCS World with only BS2 Update activated I got the activation that previously failed and it worked this time. After starting an arcade mission to just try it, I tried to exit the mission by pressing escape - but then I could not click on any of the buttons in the interface... Guess I have to scan the forum for that fix too...

After killing DCS the hard way with the task manager I installed all the other modules, A10, CA and P51. Started an A10 mission and got all the activations in a row for CA, P51 and A10. Now I'm down to 7 activations for A10 and 8 for the rest. Guess I will get one back each month if I remember i correctly? Now I just have to redo all my config for my G940 and get the mouse to work in the ingame menus.

My support ticket that is a week old will probably never get an answer but I will direct them here if they ever contact me ;)

EDIT AGAIN: And I found the answer to the mouse issue here if anyone else gets it after reinstall:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=94708

Edited by mazex

Ryzen 7800X3D | Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX MB | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | RTX 3080 GPU | Sound BlasterX AE-5 | Windows 11 Pro x64 | Virpil T-50 Throttle | T50 CM2 Grip + WarBRD | VKB T-rudder MK IV | Asus PG279Q 1440p | Valve Index VR | Samsung 980 Pro as system disk and DCS on separate Intel 665P NVME SSD

Need help with deleting registry. I can get everything working but blackshark in 1.2.1 DCSW. The link provided by Viper dose not work for me, it say media player can not play file. So if someone can show me the registry files that I need to remove I would appreciate it.

I have provided a folder of snapshots of registry it that helps.

Thanks

1615864899_cap1.JPG.5a69c8365dc94fa6dbe1eb4332093b9e.JPG

447917412_cap2.JPG.4a6f64d6d7894b670e12d5629992d950.JPG

1252488536_cap3.JPG.3bf968da86001a92977aed631d285a1a.JPG

709048242_cap4.thumb.JPG.39cf5458fb4f8800e5b025bb4e728b29.JPG

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

The link provided by Viper dose not work for me, it say media player can not play file.

That is because you didn't rename it, altough is was asked IIRC.

.reg = registry editing file.

.mp3 = music file, to be played by media player.

The file is provided as a .reg.mp3 because .reg often are not allowed to be downloaded "per se"

You need to remove the .mp3 extension to have the filename go from .reg.mp3 to .reg (just rename it).

If you don't see the .mp3 extension, that's because your Windows masks the extensions it knows. Change that Windows setting, then proceed : 1/ rename the downloaded file and 2/ execute it.

spacer.png

That is because you didn't rename it, altough is was asked IIRC.

.reg = registry editing file.

.mp3 = music file, to be played by media player.

The file is provided as a .reg.mp3 because .reg often are not allowed to be downloaded "per se"

You need to remove the .mp3 extension to have the filename go from .reg.mp3 to .reg (just rename it).

If you don't see the .mp3 extension, that's because your Windows masks the extensions it knows. Change that Windows setting, then proceed : 1/ rename the downloaded file and 2/ execute it.

Well I tried saving the file and renaming, but still would not work for me.

Just went to the registry, took a chance and deleted the BS 2 KEY file, reinstalled everything, and all works fine.

Thanks

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!

Hope this helps.

Thanks again, Viper!!

Houd.

This is a complete loonasy if company expects every user to do this.

• 5 weeks later...