Windsock for DCS World

Markindel

Using 3dsMax I created a windsock.

I wish I could put in DCS World but I do not know how to turn it in the direction of the wind and lift on the strength of the wind.

In the DCS World the smoke coming from chimneys moves in relation to the wind and this means that in the World DCS data are wind direction and intensity.

But what are they? How can I do?

Using 3dsMax I created a windsock.

I wish I could put in DCS World but I do not know how to turn it in the direction of the wind and lift on the strength of the wind.

In the DCS World the smoke coming from chimneys moves in relation to the wind and this means that in the World DCS data are wind direction and intensity.

But what are they? How can I do?

would require scripting of some sort, with the weather system in sim.

good on you diveplane, this is something that has always been missing,and will add to the real life envirorment.

Win 10,MB GA-X79S-UP5 cpu i7-3820 water cooled,GPU 1080ti ,psu corsair HX1200i,,ram Dominator 32GB trackir 5,VKB Gunfighter stick , throttle ,saitek x65f & CH pedals

good on you diveplane, this is something that has always been missing,and will add to the real life envirorment.

Have you made any progress with your new Windsock mod Diveplane ???...

Looks like hawka has assigned you the task :)

Regards...

Edited by Gunnergolly

Win 11 Home 64Bit, i7-13700K@5.2Ghz Water Cooled, 32 Gb RAM, PNY RTX4090, HP Reverb, PICO 4, Quest 3, Realsimulator FSSB R3, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Pedals.

Markindel... again there are no arguments directly available for this task. I believe using the current system you could turn it into a turret (:D) but there is no way to point that turret into the wind.

Aaron886 You're right, I'm just unlucky :(

In this time there aren't arguments available for this type of objects.

Simulatori: DCS A-10C II Warthog - DCS F/A-18C Hornet - DCS F-16C - VRS F/A-18E - 
HOTAS: TM Warthog - Cougar \ HP Reverb G2 \ WinWing Panels

Tally: I see the degenerate commie who wants to ruin our day.

Hi Gunnergolly,

Unfortunately I'm stuck because I do not know what values (arguments?) ​​to assign to the movement of the wind sock.

I hope in a help of experts from the ED.

Your Windsock really would be a nice addition to any airfield or FARP, hopefully we will see it incorporated into DCS World one day :)...

Regards...

Edited by Gunnergolly

Win 11 Home 64Bit, i7-13700K@5.2Ghz Water Cooled, 32 Gb RAM, PNY RTX4090, HP Reverb, PICO 4, Quest 3, Realsimulator FSSB R3, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Pedals.

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

Isn't there some sort of workaround to this? Would it be possible to use the smokestack object and replace the 3D model with a windsock.. sans smoke of course :)

Hi Chaos,

I also thought the same thing.

They explained that the smoke from the chimneys is a "Dummy", that is an empty object that is positioned and then the sim is in charge of the movement and the sim these data do not make them available.

I wish then - that ED would incorporate it as a 'dummy' object, the same as smoke! It would be then as good as a chimney only easier to reference!

A windsock is a 'basic' at any aerodrome!

What happens with chimney smoke in dynamic weather I wonder? I'll check that out!?

• 11 months later...