Using standalone versions after upgrading DCS World 1.2.1.

Ferenc

Hi. I had BS2 (upgrade) and A10-C versions 1.1.1.1. plus DCS World 1.2.0 installed and running OK. When I installed the initial modules of KA-50 and A10-C , it even not ask me to activate. The three versions went OK.

Yesterday, in order to update my version of DCS World, I deactivate mi BS2 and my A10-C (to not to lose one activation, because of the problems other people have), then uninstalled DCSW, an then installed DCSW and the modules KA50 (upgrade) and A10C. I Launch the new version, launch a quick mission en Ka-50, ask me to reactivate, i do and everything OK. The same thing with the a10-C.

But... now I try to launch BS2 1.1.1.1 and I receive the popup window "you must activate", and if i select "OK, i'll reactivate", the application gives me an error and says "it can't continue". In A10-C is worse. When I launch it, I receive one "Windows general error" and take me to the desktop. In DCSW everything seems to go OK, even my fps are similar to befor the update. So, there is no an issue with licences.

When I installed the new version of DCSW, i left clicked the option to "repair" Visual Net. I don't know if this can be the problem. Would be a solution reinstall now the 1.1.1.1 standalone versions of BS2 and A10-C?

Interesting problem. Do you still need the standalone versions?

I have the same problem. Do I need the old versions, well yes, because I want to integrate Ka-50 with FC2 (in my case, the VNAO mod only works with FC2).

I believe there are som registry hacks you can try and then re-install BlackShark 1 (BS1). I hope it doesn't turn out that installing DCS World screws up BS1.

Will look around the forums to see if anyone solved this ...

Edit: found this http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Troubleshooting:starforce:5.x#Asks_for_activation_on_each_launch

Edit2: Worked for me, although it used up an activation :(

Edited by Moa