no sound at all

hawka

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

you are on XP Wombat?? If so try the above it should be the latest for XP..

woohoo.gifwoohoo.gifwoohoo.gif

Thanks to all the respondents. The driver update above fixed it. You certainly make it very hard not to buy the addons with support like this. :thumbup:

Now what will it be? A-10C or FC3? Maybe both .....:yes:

XP Home SP3 32bit/Vista 64bit dual boot, Gigabyte Ultra Durable 3 GA-EX58-UD4P motherboard, Intel i7 920 2.66Ghz/8Gb RAM chip set, NVIDIA GeForce GTX275 video card, Realtek ALC850 sound circuitry.

Wombat put another 2Gigs of Ram in that machine of yours, you will notice it right off, speed wise (startup and general use). Were you going to upgrade the Video Card any time soon?

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

Wombat put another 2Gigs of Ram in that machine of yours, you will notice it right off, speed wise (startup and general use). Were you going to upgrade the Video Card any time soon?

Thanks A1. I think I need to upgrade the mb first and get a dedicated sound card along with. But money's tight and I need a new Notebook. :(

I might go for the extra RAM if it'll fit in. Not to clued up on adding RAM, slots, etc. I'll go back to my favourite supplier and see what they say.

Last time I did that (dead power supply in that instance), I bought a new computer. This one. :lol:

XP Home SP3 32bit/Vista 64bit dual boot, Gigabyte Ultra Durable 3 GA-EX58-UD4P motherboard, Intel i7 920 2.66Ghz/8Gb RAM chip set, NVIDIA GeForce GTX275 video card, Realtek ALC850 sound circuitry.

I'm having a similar problem. I have sound in the main menu, but I lose it as soon as I try to load a mission.

My log files show a lot of this:

ERROR SOUND: source_is_playing(-1): invalid source

eventually followed by this:

01041.122 INFO SOUND: detaching sdef path "c:\users\[MY NAME HERE]\saved games\dcs\sounds\"

01041.122 INFO SOUND: detaching sdef path "sounds\sdef\"

This problem is still happening after a reinstall of DCS World.

I have included my dcs.log and my me.log

I am aware of the joystick configuration stuff in those logs, I'm still configuring my controls after the reinstall.

Edit: I am also uploading my dxdiag file, since that could be useful.

dcs.log.doc

me.log.doc

DxDiag.txt

Edited by DrunkenScoper

I'm having a similar problem. I have sound in the main menu, but I lose it as soon as I try to load a mission.

01041.122 INFO SOUND: detaching sdef path "c:\users\[MY NAME HERE]\saved games\dcs\sounds\"

I am aware of the joystick configuration stuff in those logs, I'm still configuring my controls after the reinstall.

you using USB sound?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Yep. I'm using a Corsair Vengeance 1500 at the moment, as my old analog headset broke on me.

I've already checked the sound mixer to make sure that sound from DCS is being routed to my headset, not another sound device. That was my first suspicion about what was going on, but alas, no easy fix for me.

Just a shot in the dark but it appears you have the nVidia Sound Enabled as well as the Realtec. This could be causing a conflict with the Sound card when the game starts.. I assume you are using the Realtek Sound card ..

IF so Goto Device manager and disable the nVidia sound devices under sound, video & Game controllers settings it should be the High Definition Audio Device...

just disable them as they are not needed. if you remove them they will probally be reinstalled on next bootup so it is better to just disable them..

I am NOT sure why a nVidia vid card is incorporating Sound device in their vid cards??

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

Egads. I had no idea I even had an nVidia HD sound card. Unfortunately, disabling it didn't fix my no sound issue. What's odd is that even before I disabled it, I'd occasionally be able to hear my AMRAAMs launch from the F-15C, but it's very intermittent and the sound file usually doesn't play.

This is very odd.

you don't nvidia drivers include HD 3d sounds support so its not that.

I would still look at trying to get the sound on that USB.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

I just tried Flaming Cliffs 3 with my USB headset unplugged and with a pair of speakers plugged into my onboard soundcard. Still no dice. I don't think this is a problem with the game's sound not getting routed to the USB headset.

When I take a look at my c:\users\[MY NAME HERE]\saved games\dcs\ directory, there's no \sounds folder at all. I don't know if it was never there to begin with, or if "

detaching sdef path" means it got deleted, but I think that's the core of my problem. I'm just not sure how to fix it, since a reinstall didn't work.

I just tried Flaming Cliffs 3 with my USB headset unplugged and with a pair of speakers plugged into my onboard soundcard. Still no dice. I don't think this is a problem with the game's sound not getting routed to the USB headset.

When I take a look at my c:\users\[MY NAME HERE]\saved games\dcs\ directory, there's no \sounds folder at all. I don't know if it was never there to begin with, or if "

detaching sdef path" means it got deleted, but I think that's the core of my problem. I'm just not sure how to fix it, since a reinstall didn't work.

theres is no sound folder in the users folder. its located in the main DCS directory.

I just tried setting my playback device to 24 bit, 44100hz, just in case it was the same issue some folks had in Flaming Cliffs 2. Unfortunately, I still had no sound in game. I loaded up the DCS: A-10C and Combined Arms modules, and still had the same problem, so I don't think this is just something wrong with my FC 3 installation. All modules are the 1.2.2.7570_69 version from the DCS website.

I'm re-downloading the core DCS World files just in case something got corrupted in my original install files. Are there any registry entries I need to look for to make sure I do a completely clean reinstall?

I accidently found out that CTRL+S (i think) turns sound on and off completely... when I was trying to remember one of the SU-25/FC3 Commands.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team

From your logs, Main menu and the simulator use the same audio device (which is normal):

INFO    SOUND: XAudio2: Using device ID:'{0.0.0.00000000}.{4cd2ac42-9d0d-4370-8ca0-24a0698e941f}' Name:'Speakers (Corsair Vengeance 1500)', channels: 8
INFO    SOUND: XAudio2: channel layout: FrontLeft FrontRight FrontCenter LowFrequency BackLeft BackRight SideLeft SideRight

Some users reported, that in some cases, DCS.exe volume is set to zero in the windows mixer. The reason for this is still unkown, but the solution is simple: it's enough to fix the volume once.

With DCS.exe running, click volume icon in the notification area, click 'Mixer' and adjust DCS volume as appropriate.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

There is a Windows setting (see attached image) which seems to be relevant for headsets (not regular headphones). This setting is available in Windows 7 & 8.

Try setting it to "do nothing". The default is "Reduce the volume of other sounds by 80%". Worth a try ...

Applications like Teamspeak may also reduce the volume of other applications (Volume Control Plugin) ...

Headset-volume-reduction.png.3d3d387eaa01cc12b985fa53be4e5a82.png

• 3 weeks later...

Same issue here. Fresh Win7x64 install, fresh DCSW downloaded, no usb audio devices just onboard audio, and apparently system doesn't see dcsw running at all.

LOMAC and BS1 run perfectly and are visible in sound mixer but DCSW isn't.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Reformatting is an Extreme, Windows is not the problem.

Its a Driver/Software Settings Mismatch.

Things to Try.

1. Open DCSW, goto Options, then sound, then turn EVERYTHING on that screen down, press OK. back to the Main menu, Confirm all menu sounds are now Muted (music etc), then got back and turn everything back up.

2. Make sure correct Audio Device is selected.

3. Make sure Windows "Communications" Settings or TeamSpeak is not set to mute Audio.

4. Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi/Live/Audigy, Sometimes audio is turned off when switching modes, Switching to another mode then back to gaming usually restores audio.

Same with switching from Analog Audio to SPDIF.

5. Newer GPUs 5xx/6xx(nVidia), 6xxx/7xxx(AMD) Allow HDMI Audio Pass through, which adds a Sound Device to the Device manager, which may interfere.

Also:

A. Ensure Audio Drivers are Up to date.

B. Ensure DirectX 9,10,11 Runtimes are up to date

Just cause your system says it's Running DX11 doesnt mean it's runtimes are up to date,

Runtimes are updated every 2 months~, (well DX11 last update was *Jul2011)

Developers use compile using updated runtimes in newer versions,

So if you lost sound after a patch, or fresh install of 1.2.3, but had it in 1.2.2,

Download the DirectX Runtimes/Redistributable from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

or Via Windows Update.

In my case, turning everything down and back up or disabling other devices and booting DCS W fixed the problem, I've since turned all my other audio devices back on and have no problems.

As noted on page 1 or 2, my problem was as soon as I left the main menu GUI (going to mission or MP Menus), sound was disabled.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 2 months later...

Unfortunately, my sound problem is still here after the latest patch.

I get sound and music at the main menu, but not in game, with one exception:

When I'm in the F2 external camera, I can hear engine noise, but it doesn't change when I increase or decrease the throttle. That's the only sound I hear. The cockpit is completely silent, weapons and explosions are completely silent, and radio chatter is silent.

My directx and realtek audio drivers are up to date, and the sound mixer panel shows that dcs world sound is being sent to the proper device. All audio playback devices except for the headset and my speakers are disabled. No sound from either of them, with the exception of that external engine noise. This is most confusing.

I'm attaching my latest dxdiag, dcs.log, and me.log files.

DxDiag.txt

me.log.doc

dcs.log.doc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

This is my first post on the forum. Hi, I hope there are a number of people who can give me some advice.

Sorry for adding to this thread, when I know somewhat what the problem is.

I too have a problem with DCS thinking it cannot start (please see the log file attached.) This problem has come to light after the computer crashed over Christmas, and everything was fresh installed. On the previous system, everything was running perfectly.

My problem? I cannot " persuade" the system to reinstall DirectX 11. Windows update does not have it, and the runtime link is for DirectX 9.

Any advice or assistance would be gratefully received.

Thanks very much and best regards

Sleuth

dcs-log.txt

Regards Sleuth

Windows 8.1 with Media Centre

CPU: Intel i7-2600 @3.40Ghz (8CPU)

RAM: 8192MB

DirectX: 11

Graphics NVidia GeForce GTX670 4GB

Display (1920 x 1080)

Audio: Realtek High Definition Audio

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar MFD Pack

Saitek Combat Flight Pedals

DCS World with A10c & UH1

FSX, FS9, CFS3, CFS2, LoMAC, Falcon 4 AF

Just to give an update.

If anyone else is running DCS World on Windows 8.1 without sound, and no way of updating the DirectX, try re-installing the DCS program.

It worked for me.

Best regards

Sleuth

Regards Sleuth

Windows 8.1 with Media Centre

CPU: Intel i7-2600 @3.40Ghz (8CPU)

RAM: 8192MB

DirectX: 11

Graphics NVidia GeForce GTX670 4GB

Display (1920 x 1080)

Audio: Realtek High Definition Audio

Thrustmaster Warthog