Controls Wont Stay Mapped

USAFMTL

This one had bugged me for years about this series. How come when you program your controls using the in game editor, they always reset. How can I stop this?

[sigpic][/sigpic]

US Air Force Retired, 1C371

No rank or title will ever be as important as the unit patch you wear.

Hmmm never had this happen to me.

On win7 by default all key commands are stored here: C:\Users\<your login name>\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input

So even if you uninstall & reinstall your key commands are unaffected.

Do you have an irregular PC setup that might affect this folder location?

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

Ah I have installed my sim to the D drive (my gaming drive) and the saved folder is on the C drive. However I had this happen before when playing LOMAC all ont he same drive. Do you think if I put it all on the same drive I will be ok?

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Ah I have installed my sim to the D drive (my gaming drive) and the saved folder is on the C drive. However I had this happen before when playing LOMAC all ont he same drive. Do you think if I put it all on the same drive I will be ok?

No.. don't think that is your issue.

It should not matter where the game is installed. I have DCS on my C drive as its an SSD but i have FC2 on my E drive, and have no issue with it.

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

What are your procedures when you are mappings yours MT? Do you save it under another name? I will start the sim and my controls are there 90% of the time. Then some of them replicated to the other controls.

[sigpic][/sigpic]

What are your procedures when you are mappings yours MT? Do you save it under another name? I will start the sim and my controls are there 90% of the time. Then some of them replicated to the other controls.

Do you mean controller profiles, i.e at the top of each section, (keyboard, joystick, trackir) where you can 'save as' and 'load'.

Personally i never use save as and load options.. i simply use the default profile and add or change the keyboard & HOTAS commands, remove the ones i don't want and click OK.

What I do is map them in the game options screen and press OK.

I do the samething but then go back later and some have changed. Do you save it as a profile? Or just hit ok?

[sigpic][/sigpic]

I saved every controller profile (except keyboard, mouse and TIR) to a specific file name. Once that was done I editted the files to remove any controls that I did not map.

I have been using the same profiles since v1.1.0.? I import them into every new install with no problems. Note, I use Target to map most of my stick and throttle.

EDIT: Before I import anything I clear every controller column (again excluding keyboard, mouse and TIR), both buttons and axis.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I do the samething but then go back later and some have changed. Do you save it as a profile? Or just hit ok?

I click OK, never had a problem *touch wood* from 3 different sticks.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

USAFMTL, what OS are you using?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Win 7 64 bit. I have the UAC off. So that isnt it. Makes me mad because I do IT for a living now (still working for the USAF, I cant seem to get away) and I can not figure this one out.

[sigpic][/sigpic]