v1.2.0 and v1.2.1 coexistence?

msalama

I'd like to test DCSW v1.2.1 to see how it behaves but still leave my very well running-by-now (i.e. 60FPS solid w/ approx. 200 units in a mission, no stutters) v1.2.0 install intact until I'm sure I can make the switch without overt loss of quality. Can I do this, i.e. just install DCSW v1.2.1 and leave the old World + Shark & Hog modules as they are?

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

• ED Team

EXCELLENT description by 159th_Viper: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1558323&postcount=5

Mine:

Yes. But: Mind the Saved Games folder.

That is:

1) Move you current (1.2.0) Saved Games\DCS to Saved Games\DCS-1.2.0

2) Modify shortcuts you use to start 1.2.0: add to the launcher.exe and dcs.exe command line argument: -w DCS-1.2.0

That should be:
   <dir>\Launcher.exe -w DCS-1.2.0
and
   <dir>\DCS.Exe --net-mode gui -w DCS-1.2.0

This way 1.2.0 will use Saved Games\DCS-1.2.0

and 1.2.1 will use the standard Saved Games\DCS

Edited by c0ff

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

But read here how my activation procured looked

Ouch. That was a bit of a pain in the backside it seems :huh: Sure hope I don't have to do that particular song-and-dance myself - going to move in baby steps here so maybe I'll be spared from the worst. Here's hoping...

A quick AI test (that is, a Batumi groundpounding mission with some 150 ground units and 3 AC) shows updated / patched v1.2.1 running at least as good as v1.2.0 straight out of the box, so I'm gonna just go ahead and install the works. Good job ED :thumbup:

Will report back if / when I see anything of note. S!

OK, DCSW v1.2.1 plus Shark and Hog modules installed & activated. Went without a glitch, and I still have 9 activations left for both. Old controller mappings transferred & took without bother as well & early flight tests point to fluid operation FPS-wise - may have to tweak a bit here and there still but that remains to be seen. So all in all this new version looks a winner to me :thumbup: