AUTOUPDATE HAS STOPPED WORKING??

spn

Does anyone know what version level we are currently suppose to be at?

I think that my autoupdate has stopped working for me. This is where I am at this time.

00000.000 INFO : === MiniLog opened UTC 2012-10-05 07:27:48

00000.003 INFO : Current version: 1.2.1.6120.27432

00000.003 INFO : LAUNCH found 1 commands

00000.004 INFO : LAUNCH started "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin/Launcher.exe"

00000.004 INFO : === MiniLog closed.

I am seeing where some users are saying that they are at 1.2.1.6148 level.

Appreciate!!!

I had a problem this morning, when I started DCS World the program started an update (I currently have 6120) but stopped when the status bar was at about 45%. I left it for 15 mins but it didn't move so I pressed cancel.

I don't think it was my broadband connection but can't be sure.

Anyway how do I force another update without waiting until tomorrow. For some reason I don't have an Eagle Dynamics entry in my Start Menu and pressing 'DCS_Updater' in the 'bin' folder just starts DCS ?

Glen

GAJ52

Intel i7-7700K @ 4.60GHz | 32 GB Ram | Win 10 Pro 64 | GTX 1080i 11.00MB | Saitek X52 Pro

Run from the Windows Start/All Programs/Eagle Dynamics/Update link.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

AUTOUPDATE HAS STOPPED WORKING??

After trying for 2 hours to get the autoupdate.exe to work, it just went through and updated. Is there a differance with running "AUTOUPDATE.EXE" from the bin folder and "the UPDATE DCS WORLD" in the START menu??

Thanks for your help!

spn

As stated in my post above I don't have an ED entry in my Start Menu, is there a workaround for this please so I can force an update.

Thanks

GAJ52

Intel i7-7700K @ 4.60GHz | 32 GB Ram | Win 10 Pro 64 | GTX 1080i 11.00MB | Saitek X52 Pro

There is a workaround for force it to update and those who have no start menu entry:

Make a shortcut of the DCS_Updater.exe file and add 'update' to the end of the line in the shortcut.

It looks like this:

"D:\Sims\DCS World\bin\DCS Updater.exe" update

(With your own path of course)

The updater only checks and updates once per 24 hours by default.

Edited by Yskonyn

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

I am seeing where some users are saying that they are at 1.2.1.6148 level.

Tried running the updater several times, along with the RepairDCSWorld.exe, but to no avail - this is what I get every time I run updater:

dcsworldupdaterbug.jpg

Anyone else getting this?

P8Z68 | 2500k @ 4.5 | GTX 1080Ti | 2x8 GB @ 1600 | TM Hog (extended 7cm) & MFG Crosswind (S/N 007) | TIR v5

WWII bomber formations | DCS P-51D: [TEST] TO distance / gross weight / temperature

There is a workaround for force it to update:

Make a shortcut of the DCS_Updater.exe file and add 'update' to the end of the line in the shortcut.

It looks like this:

"D:\Sims\DCS World\bin\DCS Updater.exe" update

(With your own path of course)

The updater only checks and updates once per 24 hours by default.

The link to the autoupdate.exe in the start menu already contains this by default. It didn't work for me, the 24 hour rule still worked.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!