DCS World video on youtube

• ED Team
I think that's where most of the P51 """"haters"""" got it wrong.

DCS isn't flaming cliff. It isn't all about Geogia/Ukraine anymore. Nevada should be out soon...or later and nothing says we won't see 3rd parties map in the future, probably after the Nevada/EDGE release.

Flying the mustang made me realise that DCS is a constantly evolving platform where everthing is possible. The P51 proves that DCS isn't just about modern aircraft.

I'm pretty sure we'll other warbirds and WWII ground units at some point, we just need to be patient.

It's such an exciting moment for flight simmers, we're at the beginning of something huge and I'm glad I'm in :D

+1

well said

I hope DCS becomes huge vast areas, with aircraft of all types, including civilian ones.

The more diverse it becomes the more people will buy it and it will become the Flight sim of choice for everyone.

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Since the release of P-51 I barely ever touch the A-10. In fact I have all but forgotten how to shoot mavs, drop CBUs what the china hats and coolie hats do.

So everyone has it specification. That also makes DCS so interesting. Me for example cant get in touch with the pony, I honestly dont like it...but that doesnt make me a P-51 hater, I simply dont like it. But it is nontheless an awesome experience to see the bird in a hand of Pilots who have a clue about how to handle that horse.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

In the beginning I wasn't hot about A-10C but after playing with it read manual and flying it, I change my mind. I think I can't leave it for P-51. I like it's complexity and thinks can do in air to ground delivery weapons. I spend most time in A-10C. P51 and Black Shark just wait in the corner.:smilewink:

System specs below

Case - Antec Three Hundred

PSU - Corsair AX750watt

Board - MSI Z170A GAMING PRO

CPU - Intel i5 6600K 3900MHz

Cooler - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus

Memory - Kingston HYPERX 16G DDR4 2400Mhz CL15

Graphics - MSI GEFORCE GTX 980 GAMING 4G

SSD - Samsung 950 PRO 256GB M.2 NVMe

Monitor - Philips 277E 27" 1920x1080 60Hz

OS - Windows 10 Home 64bit

Flight Controllers - Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG, Saitek COMBAT RUDDER PEDALS, TrackIR 4, Track Clip Pro

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I may not be the average DCS user, but I spend more time flying around for the fun of it than blowing stuff up. I have played other sims where it feels more like you are driving a tractor in the air than flying, but In DCS: A-10C, there is something magical about the feeling of rumbling down the runway and lifting off into a crosswind. The Ka-50 is not any less stunning in its own way. If this feeling of aerial fahrvergnügen can be achieved with the UH-1H, it will certainly be a pleasure to fly. It may have trouble with armored targets, but you should not expect to fill the same role as an attack helicopter anyway. I am sure someone will make a mission with a convoy of evil fuel trucks for when you impulsively need to make stuff burn.

DCS is not real life, but for the average person, this is as close as it gets. This is why DCS should not be pigeon holed into "Target Practice in Modern Georgia." It provides a superior experience of flying alone than FSX, and crash landings are much more satisfying than your average civil simulator. This is why I think the P-51 and any other realistic module, armed or not, can find a home here.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I flew the P-51 on release day.. and not since. Not becuase i don't thnik its great... i just don't have time to learn it right now. She is in her stable, awaiting me to find time.

Between DCS, RoF and Cliff of Dover I must have 30 airframes to fly.. life it tough as a flight simmer right now :D

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

I flew the P-51 on realse day.. and not since. Not becuase i don't thnik its great... i just don't have time to learn it right now. She is in her stable, awaiting me to find time.

Between DCS, RoF and Cliff of Dover I must have 30 airframes to fly.. life it tough as a flight simmer right now :D

Poor tommy...all that hard work must exhaust you :pilotfly: :thumbup:

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

I cant stop flying the Ka-50. As much as I keep telling myself Ill learn the A10, I just cant get into it the way as the Black Shark. The second place airframe is the SU25 just for the fact I never really heard of it before DCS. The P-51 is not even close to my favorite WW2 fighter (give me a FW190A4-8) and I will be all over it! Combined Arms is a good step in the ground/command area as well.

With that being said, I am happy with everything that is in DCS. The P-51 proved they can do a prop WWII era plane, Ka-50 proved they can do a Heli, and A10 obviously they can do a strike jet, and I have no doubt the new DCS fighter will be the gold standard again. With those bases covered, they can move into any area.

The DCS "World" is not going ot be limited to this or that, but actually emcompass a "world" of combat sims, so I am happy. I see DCS becoming huge. Want to fly a WWII mission....ok. Want to fly jet A2A...ok. Anything else you can think up can be done.

Good thing, I am hoping the saying "DCS World can do it" for when anyone wants a to fly a sim no matter what era, or kind.

Bad thing, if DCS does become this huge playground, competition will drop off, and standards could go down the tubes.

Ok, just spouting some thoughts.

i5 3570k @ 4.3

560ti GTX 2gig

8gig RAM

Intel SSD

Win7 64bit

I may not be the average DCS user, but I spend more time flying around for the fun of it than blowing stuff up. I have played other sims where it feels more like you are driving a tractor in the air than flying, but In DCS: A-10C, there is something magical about the feeling of rumbling down the runway and lifting off into a crosswind. The Ka-50 is not any less stunning in its own way. If this feeling of aerial fahrvergnügen can be achieved with the UH-1H, it will certainly be a pleasure to fly. It may have trouble with armored targets, but you should not expect to fill the same role as an attack helicopter anyway. I am sure someone will make a mission with a convoy of evil fuel trucks for when you impulsively need to make stuff burn.

DCS is not real life, but for the average person, this is as close as it gets. This is why DCS should not be pigeon holed into "Target Practice in Modern Georgia." It provides a superior experience of flying alone than FSX, and crash landings are much more satisfying than your average civil simulator. This is why I think the P-51 and any other realistic module, armed or not, can find a home here.

True dat! There is a reason why I can never get into fsx and xplane and it's not just because I can't blow shiz up. :D

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

...and it's not just because I can't blow shiz up. :D

Yes it is. :P

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Hey guys

Did u notice the icons in the mission planner (F10) view in this trailer? The icons are a nice update to the typical icons that were there since LOMAC was made in 2003. U can know the direction the unit is facing in...etc.

But...the newest DCS world version does not have it. Since DCS World in the trailer is 1.2.2, is this a new feature for the next version?

V

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

The editor around 4mn ?

In fact, it's here since a while, but it's using Russia Mission Editor in game options.

Must learn new icons, but somehow, i find them more precise. i'll give it a try one day.

editor_rus.thumb.jpg.4252cac944cdfdaa366ddfc16c667043.jpg

TASK / ROLES acronyms guide

Black Shark A.I. datalink guide illustrated (v1.2.4 Available on Wiki)

DCS World Codex 1.1 : full units list (Speed/Weapons/Armor thickness/Threat zone/Weapon damage...) (Oct 2013)

BlackShark 2 1.2.x Bug and glitches thread (v1.2.7)

Hey guys

Did u notice the icons in the mission planner (F10) view in this trailer? The icons are a nice update to the typical icons that were there since LOMAC was made in 2003. U can know the direction the unit is facing in...etc.

But...the newest DCS world version does not have it. Since DCS World in the trailer is 1.2.2, is this a new feature for the next version?

V

Something I happened to know when playing =RF= server..

Go to option, change icon style to Russian, load mission, save mission in ME,

now change back to NATO style icon, load the mission on LAN server or internet server, go check F10 menu.

F10 map icons are swapped to ME icon instead of original F10 icon and imo it's much better.