Installed wrong BS2

tonym

I have by mistake installed the wrong BS2 module into World. I downloaded and installed BS2, when it should have been the BS2 upgrade. Is there any way of uninstalling the BS2 without completely uninstalling World and the other modules such as A10C?

What a plonker!

I think you can just delete the Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50 folder.

Then re-install.

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

Navigate to your DCS World/Mods/aircrafts folder and open. Delete the Ka-50 folder and reinstall the correct one, alternatively just run the autoupdater and it will install it for you.

Edit: Norrised.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

• ED Team
Navigate to your DCS World/Mods/aircrafts folder and open. Delete the Ka-50 folder and reinstall the correct one

YES.

alternatively just run the autoupdater and it will install it for you.

NO. It will return the same module back.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Done as suggested, but it now won't accept the activation key for the BS2 upgrade version.I get the message " Unable to run due to integrity fault of Activation Key". I have checked the key is correct but can't get any further. Any more ideas welcome.

Deleting the Ka-50 registry key should solve this.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Being away from the sim world for a while, I just downloaded DCSW and installing it as I write this. Question - I have BS2 Upgrade 1.2.1 which requires BS1 to be installed but World installation instructions clearly state to remove any DCS products. Do I have to install again BS1 or just the BS2 Upgrade 1.2.1? And would BS1 be of any use with DCSW? I highly doubt it..

PS. It's good to be back.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

PS. It's good to be back.

Good to have you back, Tito!

You need to install BS1 (and activate) to be able to install the BS2 upgrade, after that you can remove BS1.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Thanks ami7b5 for the suggestion. Unfortunately my screen doesn't look anything like yours, insofar as the "keys" doesn't show up anywhere. My files go Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS Black Shark2\ then Bazar,Config,Data, Doc,dxgui,FUI, etc. no sign of keys anywhere. Not being terribly pc literate I just don't know what to try next. Any help please.

Thanks ami7b5 for the suggestion. Unfortunately my screen doesn't look anything like yours, insofar as the "keys" doesn't show up anywhere. My files go Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS Black Shark2\ then Bazar,Config,Data, Doc,dxgui,FUI, etc. no sign of keys anywhere. Not being terribly pc literate I just don't know what to try next. Any help please.

Type 'regedit' in your start menu search bar. Navigate from there to find the entries as per the screenshot.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'