Found these under Bazar\Effects\SKY

:shocking:

negx.jpg

negy.jpg

negz.jpg

posx.jpg

posz.jpg

Are these renders? look absolutely amazing...look like photos. :suspect:

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

These are photos. Probably for the environnement skybox or the HDR.

Do you think this is a photo?

negy.jpg

Some clever post processing if it is..

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

Perhaps you need to adjust your monitor, Tommy. (or get glasses)

Glasses i think...

It was the one image looking straight down of the grass that i thought was a render.

I thought the others might be a proof of concept.

But it's amazing what can be rendered/created these days: these are both digital creations!

10.jpg

021.jpg

Oh i known, I did not think such was achievable in any imminent release, but i also did not known what images like these were going nestled amongst the effects files for DCS. Togg explained that.. not that i understand how such a skybox fits into the DCS world we are flying in.

The photo-realistic 3D model images i posted was just to prove not everything that looks like a photo is a photo!

Here are some more.. truly amazing.. but rather off topic :)

http://www.noupe.com/design/incredibly-photorealistic-3d-characters.html

Edited by MadTommy

If for no other reason, you can tell its a photo because the photographer was holding the camera crooked. If it was a computer render, it would have been perfectly level. (I know that you can render crooked, but people usually don't)

Is it done with a fish eye lens?.. being a keen photographer myself, i'm curious how such a 'skybox' is created.

Uh... it's a bunch of pictures taken with a camera? Maybe a camera on a pole for the one pointing downwards? It's not rocket science.

This environment map has been around since the original release of World, but I have not seen it used in-game. It appears to be used in Modelviewer only.