Assault on Mineral 'nye Vody

Assault on Mineral 'nye Vody, v1.01

Please rate and tell your friends if you like it, otherwise tell me so I may make it better :)

More info HERE

Assault on MnV is made with focus on replayability.

Red defenses are fully randomized. So is the Blue CA Strike Force. Although only a fraction of all units are active in any given scenario, there is something in the range of 1500 units in this map!

There is JTAC support for Blue, and the mission is designed to work with TurboHog's Mod JTAC & AWACS for Ka-50:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=93228

The map is for Ka-50, A-10C, Su-25T and CA. Once Beczl MiG-21Bis is out, we'll squeeze some of them in there as well!

The mission has been extensively tested by The Older Gamers sim-crew and is 1.2.1 verified. Note that there is no ATC on FARPS.

The Red forces defending Mineral 'nye Vody are completely surrounded by Blue coalition. Desperate to hold their ground, they have set up a perimeter of ground units and maintain a strong SAM defense.

Low on fuel and pilots, the last of their Ka-50's have orders to disrupt Blues' advances and defend Red FARP's.

Blue Coalition is to punch through Red defenses and destroy all Red aircraft parked at Mineral 'nye Vody airport.

Capturing the Red FARP's and eliminating primary SAM threats is necessary before a direct assault on MnV is possible.

A considerable Blue Combined Arms strike force is available for ground operations.

Blue: Take Mineral 'nye Vody airport and surrounding FARP's

11x A-10C @ Nalchik and Moztok

4x Su-25T @ Nalchik

4x Ka-50 @ Nalchik + 2x Ka-50 for every FARP when captured, 4x FARP total; Perth, Moscow, Warsaw and Madrid.

CA Strike Force: 50+ ground units consisting of MBT, IFV, AAA and SAM defences.

Red: Defend Mineral 'nye Vody airport, SAM's and surrounding FARP's. Harass Blue Coalition whenever possible.

2x Ka-50 @ MnV

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Change log

v1.01

1. Set fuel on MnV to unlimited due to changes in fuel calculations. Red choppers on MnV do now have fuel!

Assault on Mineral 'nye Vody v1.01.zip

Edited by KosPilot
v1.01 update

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Thank for that very nice work. Trouble is i have no fuel beginning with red ka50, and no way to refuel, except taking outer tanks. do i wrong ?

-Think i set up all choppers to carry 75% fuel, but I will check that to be sure. As you are starting on MnV, you should be able to use all ground services. Something sounds very fishy...

Update: Red choppers did indeed have no fuel!! I think the fuel calculations for available fuel must have been changed for the 1.2.1 update. This is now fixed; MnV v1.01

bigjim: Thank you for the heads up! :)

Edited by KosPilot
Update

Dude!

This mission is a ****ing TOUGH PIECE!!!

Loving it! It really requires EVERYONE working together! It's sick.

But unfortunately it's hard to find enough competent people to work with...

Still - amazing work, thank you very much! I enjoyed hunting the BUKs with my A-10, although I got shot down every time on my way away from the "rifle"...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System specs:

2500k @ 4.6 GHz

8GB RAM

HD7950 OC'd

Win7 x64

Posting tracks to make your DCS better - attention bump incoming!

Thank you Megagoth1702!

If I may; a good tactic is to send in a pair of Su-25T and let them take care of the radars.

Otherwise you may wait for the Sharks to target the BUK's but that may take some time :music_whistling:

If, not, you may want to make the best of terrain masking. Note that there are some river-wallies around Min Vody that invite to hardcore low level flight. Succeeding on this map with A-10C only is super hard but you must be doing a good job if you are able to release the Mav before being shot in the hind quarters! :joystick:

We are currently experiencing problems running this map in MP. I am in the process of eliminating units causing server crash.

Edited by KosPilot
MP issue

KosPilot,

thanks for that mission, it´s beyond awesome! Those pesky BUKs give me such a hard time, yet I can´t stop going back up trying to shoot them before they shoot me.

Best part is when you have finally dealt with all those units trying to bring you down and can turn your attention to those poor little airplanes on the ground, strafing them left and right, back and forth... :joystick:

So yeah, just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate your work, and my buddies and I love to fly that mission online. Cheers! :beer:

P.S. Could I actually make one small suggestion? In future versions, could you please somehow make sure everyone understands that the active rwy at Nalchik in that mission is 24 instead of 06? Bothers me to no end to backtrack only to be rammed by someone who tries to takeoff from 06.

- Two miles of road lead nowhere, two miles of runway lead everywhere -

Click here for system specs

P.S. Could I actually make one small suggestion? In future versions, could you please somehow make sure everyone understands that the active rwy at Nalchik in that mission is 24 instead of 06? Bothers me to no end to backtrack only to be rammed by someone who tries to takeoff from 06.

Thank you for the feedback :thumbup:

Request noted! I will add it to the brief. Maybe it is possible to have a individual msg pop up when peeps are spawning... I'll look into solutions :)

EDIT:

As Mega states below; I checked and found the following information for Nanchik:

Active RWY, Departures; 06

Active RWY, Arrivals; 24

With the current performance of DCS ATC, I understand if people fall victim to runway accidents.

I will however stick with that as I don't see that I have another choice...

Edited by KosPilot
Nalchik rwy info

Oh really? Gotta admit I don´t know because I never use ATC due to it being utterly crap. Even no ATC at all is more realistic than the thing in DCS World.

However, even then you can quite clearly tell by the wind direction that 06 is not the best choice to make. Also the fact that there are a ton of skidmarks at 24 but absolutely none at 06 should tell the common pilot a thing or two. ;)

- Two miles of road lead nowhere, two miles of runway lead everywhere -

Click here for system specs