No damage model for F-18 or Mig-31

B25Mitch

The new F-18C and Mig-31 models look very nice, but unfortunately either their damage models don't work, or they don't have damage models at all.

They can still get shot down and experience engine fires, but the plane will meanwhile look like it's in pristine condition.

Furthermore, I very often encounter a bug where after the crew ejects from an F-18 or Mig-31, the pilotless aircraft continues to both gain airspeed and climb, practically all the way into space. It's obvious that the aircraft isn't behaving realistically at all.

2mcr2f.jpg

Notice the info bar: 3702 km/h and almost 30km altitude. Seconds after I took the screenshot, DCS froze and crashed.

Hi everyone.

I've also noticed that in Su-25t command Post Strike mission, one Georgian Su-25 got chased by Russian Su-30's, and even though there was no pilot, and had both engines on fire, it kept climbing, at a high speed, as if it would never stop. After a few minutes DCS also froze and crashed.

I guess it's the same problem B25Mitch had previously found, but not only related to the new models.

BTW I'm running 6288 version.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MSI GT72 6QD Core i7 6700HQ 2.6GHz-3.5GHz - 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVidia GTX970M 3GB DDR5 - 256 GB M.2. SATA SSD + 1TB HDD 7200 RPM - 17.3" 1920 x 1080 Full-HD IPS Screen - Trackir 5 - HOTAS Warthog

Another thing about the F/A-18 model: the heat blur effect isn't placed correctly over the engine nozzles.

I noticed another thing: the wheels clip through the model once retracted.

I'll add to the list..

-Gear doors go through the Centerline Drop tank

-IR Pod on the Left Fuselage bleeds through the intake.

-Rudder Animation is Reversed (left Rudder Snows the Control Surface going right), and no it's not my axis setup, left rudder pedal makes plane turn left, but show Right Rudder.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs