Tanks cant drive in a straight line

DoctorStrop

Tanks cant drive in a straight line. I have to keep tapping the "a" key to counter act the vehicle veering to the right.

Also the carat bounces about much akin to the effect of breathing when a snipper is zoomed in but much more rapid. Just to clarify this happens when the tank is stationary. Another user was complaining of the same thing, both in SP and MP modes.

I created a MP map and was very pleased with how everything links up. If those bugs are iron out this is going to be very good.

I am using the latest DCS_World_en_1.2.1.5970 patch, and have allowed the auto updates to run.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i7 6700K, 32GB Corsair 2400Mhz, 970 NVMe 500Gb SSD, GeForce 2080 super, HP Reverb, VKB GF PRO, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster Pendular rudders, Windows + DCS :thumbup:

My youtube channel

Almost everybody outside russia knows that most armored vehicles in west have stabilized gyros that makes aiming while driving very accurate.

If it's some biased shit, it only make ED loose customers.

i5 4670 - Sabertooth Z87- GTX Titan - Dell U3011 30" - 2x8GB RAM 1800 - Samsung 840 EVO 512GB SSD - Warthog HOTAS - CH Pro pedals - TrackIR5 - Win7 64bit

EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE :thumbup:

Great game but please ED in the final release could we maybe dispense with the yellow cartoonist sights please.

Surely there has to be a better way to aim your weapon?

Even when your firing at a tank with the lock on thingy how many AP rounds before you get a hit?

It's like pot luck in a way,maybe me though,

Still think there could be a better solution though.

All round good work from the ED boys with all the work lately bound to be teething problems.

Mick. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Keep the faith

AMD PHENOM II X 4 955be @3.2 GHZ | ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO mb | Corsair XMS3-8GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory | Nvidea GTX 580 GDDR5 GPU | CNPS9900 NT cooler | Corsair HX850W psu | Seagate Barracuda 500GB HD 300 MBps - 7200 rpm | WIN 7 64bit | 32" HD LCD TV | 5.1 surround sound | wireless keyboard and mouse | Saitek x45 hotas.

Even when your firing at a tank with the lock on thingy how many AP rounds before you get a hit?

I've made a new version of this mod with all tank sights zeroed at 1000M. With AP rounds I've found that this value will get you on target inside of 2000M first or second shot.

1.2.1 changed the file structure a bit so I have to tweak these again

Screen_120716_224120.jpg

Screen_120718_202137.jpg

System specifications: Computer, joystick, DCS world, Beer

I appriciate the comments suggesting I engage the hand brake before shooting. Is this something that will be addressed in the final release. I put this down as being a bug rather than a feature.

I'm not sure I would be keen to use this software until my steering issue was identified and fixed. Has anyone had the same issue?

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i7 6700K, 32GB Corsair 2400Mhz, 970 NVMe 500Gb SSD, GeForce 2080 super, HP Reverb, VKB GF PRO, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster Pendular rudders, Windows + DCS :thumbup:

My youtube channel

I am using the latest DCS_World_en_1.2.1.5970 patch, and have allowed the auto updates to run.

As of the date of your post, you should have been running a newer version than that if the auto-updater is working.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

As of the date of your post, you should have been running a newer version than that if the auto-updater is working.

There was indeed a further update. The problem appears to have been fixed. I will get my friend to check his is ok when he updates.

My youtube channel

Tanks cant drive in a straight line. I have to keep tapping the "a" key to counter act the vehicle veering to the right.

Also the carat bounces about much akin to the effect of breathing when a snipper is zoomed in but much more rapid. Just to clarify this happens when the tank is stationary. Another user was complaining of the same thing, both in SP and MP modes.

I created a MP map and was very pleased with how everything links up. If those bugs are iron out this is going to be very good.

also u can uncheck this feature in options unit hull vibration from the engines ,why the sights shake.

If those are russian tanks not being able to drive in a straight line, perhaps you should set the mission time a bit later in a day, say 17:00hrs?

LMAO :megalol:

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Thanks SmokeyTheLung,

Appreciate your efforts buddy,keep them coming,

Quicker we have decent sights on this thing the better IMO,

I obviously know it is no SB,but is there no possible way to incorporate the binoc view with thermals and a "lase" button?

Maybe then I could maybe actually hit something,

Those red/orange/yellow lock on thingy s just get in the bloody way! :(

Cheers for your work though :thumbup:

Mick.

AMD PHENOM II X 4 955be @3.2 GHZ | ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO mb | Corsair XMS3-8GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory | Nvidea GTX 580 GDDR5 GPU | CNPS9900 NT cooler | Corsair HX850W psu | Seagate Barracuda 500GB HD 300 MBps - 7200 rpm | WIN 7 64bit | 32" HD LCD TV | 5.1 surround sound | wireless keyboard and mouse | Saitek x45 hotas.

Does anyone find their tanks/jeeps whatever keep sliding down a slope of any kind?

Trying to drive up a "slight" slope is a nightmare and usually is faster in reverse?

Once you find your spot and just away to fire you find yourself drifting downhill.

This is a 70 ton tank with handbrake on and in neutral? :cry:

I realize that the slopes/mountains are quite steep but this happens on a very slight slope and TBH is a PITA..

CA is turning to a great game and hope these little niggles will get sorted in due course,as well as the aiming system,lol, don't get me started. heh heh. ;)

Mick. :thumbup:

@DoctorStrop -- Did you import (or not delete) your Saved Games folder or config files when you upgraded to 1.2.1?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Sorry to ask again but Does anyone find their tanks/jeeps whatever keep sliding down a slope of any kind?

This is causing me all sorts of problems,

Doesn't matter if you are in neutral,handbrake on,or in gear you still slide down the slope? Even when parked sideways to the hill/slope.

Does anyone have a solution for this please, :(

Regards,

Mick. :)

Edited by 3instein

I've made a new version of this mod with all tank sights zeroed at 1000M. With AP rounds I've found that this value will get you on target inside of 2000M first or second shot.

1.2.1 changed the file structure a bit so I have to tweak these again

Screen_120716_224120.jpg

Screen_120718_202137.jpg

Any place that I can download this mod from? Thanks!

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=91660&highlight=Combined+arms

These are outdated but will still work, albeit a little bit differently in this version of world

...The tank sights are not zeroed to 1000m but have the default boresight (so it's offering no advantage except for looks at the moment, IMHO of course :))

I'm in the process of updating them and figuring out why they behave differently in this version of world (for instance, the tank main gun sight is invisible while in wide FOV. That was not the case when I made them)

System specifications: Computer, joystick, DCS world, Beer