FC 1.11, still error code 3 after multiple d'loads

DaddySchlich

Hi,

I'm consistently getting error code 3 when trying to install 1.11 even though I've downloaded separately from the first 3 of the 4 mirrors.

I have the Evolved Games boxed CD set, and downloaded the 54 MB patch.

Need I uninstall anything before trying to apply the patch? Either originally, or after one failed installation? I've applied the two ED patches, and have downloaded a few training missions/tracks. But no skins, no mods, etc.

Any ideas out there? Thanks,

Daddy Schlich

i do not know how you are doing it but i will put in my 2cents it gos lockon the pach for lockon 1.02 then fc 1.1 then the 2 paches then the patch for 1.11 last.

make sher that you in stall all the LOD and wether pach befor 1.11.

sixersig4iv.jpg

do not run fly!

Guest IguanaKing

FC 1.1 installs right over the original installation from the LockOn CD, you should not update anything or apply any patches prior to attempting to apply 1.11. Have you been playing FC up to this point, or is this your first time trying to play it? Evolved Games released a whole batch of defective FC disks and are currently engaged in a product recall in which all recipients of defective disks are being offered a replacement. Also...there are two versions of 1.11...make sure you are downloading the correct one.

Thanks, folks, but I'm still stuck.

I installed the two Evolved Games CDs directly (yes, I had a defective one, but had that replaced - so I have been playing FCliffs just fine ever since.)

(I had an earlier LOMAC 1.02 setup, with various LOMAN mods, etc. To avoid possible problems, I decided to do a clean install.)

I think I installed the two fixes on the http://www.lockon.ru website. Other than that, I only downloaded Ironhand's Su25T Orientation training mission, as well as various tracks, but those shouldn't have made a difference.

And I downloaded the 54.3 MB patch from the first 3 mirrors (files are the identical size) - which I'm pretty sure is the correct patch for the Evolved Games version.

Any other ideas? Thanks,

DaddySchlich

error 3

I had the same issue error 3 every time. I finally downloaded to my auxilliary IDE drive instead of my SATA drive and it was okay. I also defaulted my network settings , I think they were screwed up. Now My issue is starforce asks me to reactivate game everytime I reboot my computer. I've used three of my four alloted activations! but I love this game it is unbeleivable

Win 10 PRO 64bit

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero MB

Intel Core i7 6700K 4GHZ

EVGA GTX 980ti

32GB G.Skil Ripjaws DDR3 1866@1600mhz

Sound Blaster Recon 3D

Saitek X55 Rhino Stick

Trakir5 W/Pro clip :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wanted to report that I totally uninstalled Lockon:FC, and then reinstalled from scratch from the Evolved Games CDs (including the replacement 2d CD). It worked fine.

Then I tried to install two downloads from the 1.11 patch taken from two fo the mirror sites listed in www.lockon.ru. I used the 54.3 MB version of the patch.

I'm still getting the Error Code 3 message.

Anyone have any ideas? Very frustrating.

Thanks,

Daddy Schlich

solution for error 3's

default your internet connection speed :cool: settings and try again. It seems to like un accelerated download speeds. I had about 20 error 3's and finally switched over to my slower IDE drive and evertthing was ok

Win 10 PRO 64bit

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero MB

Intel Core i7 6700K 4GHZ

EVGA GTX 980ti

32GB G.Skil Ripjaws DDR3 1866@1600mhz

Sound Blaster Recon 3D

Saitek X55 Rhino Stick

Trakir5 W/Pro clip :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN
Wanted to report that I totally uninstalled Lockon:FC, and then reinstalled from scratch from the Evolved Games CDs (including the replacement 2d CD). It worked fine.

Then I tried to install two downloads from the 1.11 patch taken from two fo the mirror sites listed in www.lockon.ru. I used the 54.3 MB version of the patch.

I'm still getting the Error Code 3 message.

Anyone have any ideas? Very frustrating.

Thanks,

Daddy Schlich

I would take a guess and say that its most probably missing system or windows files that the game needs and for some reason, the installer cant find, either because they are in the wrong location or that they have been deleted.

That would be my guess since you have tried to install a few times without success

I would take a guess and say that its most probably missing system or windows files that the game needs and for some reason, the installer cant find, either because they are in the wrong location or that they have been deleted.

That would be my guess since you have tried to install a few times without success

Would that be true since Flaming Cliffs runs just fine??

One thought - second time around - when I uninstalled, it complained about a file MOM.dll not self-registering or something. Because I was uninstalling, I figured it did not matter. But I have no idea what that means.

• 1 month later...

Error Code 3 when installing FC 1.1 over clean LO

Hi,

I'm consistently getting error code 3 when trying to install 1.11 even though I've downloaded separately from the first 3 of the 4 mirrors.

I have the Evolved Games boxed CD set, and downloaded the 54 MB patch.

Need I uninstall anything before trying to apply the patch? Either originally, or after one failed installation? I've applied the two ED patches, and have downloaded a few training missions/tracks. But no skins, no mods, etc.

Any ideas out there? Thanks,

Daddy Schlich

This problem seems to occur rather seldom, however it occured to me this time.

I had to format my HDD, isntalled a clean Win2000 SP4 (like before), installed drivers, DirectX 9.0c etc (like before), installed a clean LO from the original CD, didn't even start it and then tried to update it to FC 1.1 with the downloaded version that I had saved on CD months ago. I had played FC for quite a while and the recent FC 1.1 installation was done with exactly this mentioned CD, so I'm sure, that the DL version is OK.

The installation process continues until the file "install .lst", then this error message pops up:

"Error occured during installation. Error code is 3. Setup is not completed".

After accepting this message with OK, the installation process is terminated.

I tried it 3 times by now, everytime de-installing LO first, then re-booting, then installing a clean LO, then applying the FC 1.1 add-on. And no, I didn't use any other patches like 1.01 or 1.02 or any mods in between. Im sure, the Win2k installation is fine, too.

This is not related to Starforce, because I never made it to the registry part (had the registry values saved with that tool already before..)

Anyone a good idea how to continue ? Thanks !

kind regards,

Raven....

[sigpic]http://www.crc-mindreader.de/CRT/images/Birds2011.gif[/sigpic]

I wish I could help, but I can't. Eventually, my problem was solved by downloading the 1.11 patch from the German website. For whatever reason, that worked.

And, of course, I started from the Evolved Games CD set, rather than the dowloaded version of FC.

Sorry,

Daddy Schlich

I wish I could help, but I can't. Eventually, my problem was solved by downloading the 1.11 patch from the German website. For whatever reason, that worked.

And, of course, I started from the Evolved Games CD set, rather than the dowloaded version of FC.

Sorry,

Daddy Schlich

I discussed this problem with some German blokes here, and they think that my selfmade CD version has gone corrupt somehow, I will try with a brandnew download next. I'll keep you informed.

kind regards,

Raven....

• 2 weeks later...

Well,

I just downloaded FC 1.1 again from one of the Russian mirrors, but at night time (3 o' clock AM local German time) to minimize the download time needed. During daytime I only got about 40 - 60 kbs, at night I could download with 110 kbs.

I burned it on CD and it worked right from the start.

Problem solved.

BTW: I noticed, that Starforce asked for a new activation despite I only changed my HDD. Is this already 40% of my hardware ? - I doubt .....

kind regards,

Raven....