97 / 87 / 103 / 105 / gun multiplayer SLAM

ENO

Short version- maybe already known...

These things DEVASTATE online performance- no idea about single player. Any time someone drops them either on a target or in an emergency- it cripples play. The animations are great- but not sustainable.

In edition it couldn't have been a coincidence that any time someone fired a 2-3 second burst people were getting kicked out of the server wholesale on at least 3 occasions (2 from my own shots before we figured it out and then a 3rd from someone else who didn't know yet).

The server computer (mine) is on a big pipe and has its online setting to LAN- most people are operating under the assumption that EVERYONE running on LAN is better... something tells me a packet or 4 is getting lost and people are crashing as a result... whatever it is that is keeping people away from setting their client comps to 512 needs to be fixed too.

Definitely something to look into.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Small Packet losses will not crash the clients PCs.

If they are getting crashes then it would helpful if they post up their CRASH files.

If your just venting your frustration then heck go ahead and post. If you want solutions then you have to be a little bit more helpful I'm afraid. Think of it like this. The more detailed information about the problem that I can provide to ED the greater the chance of them being able to replicate it and solve the problem.

This means attaching

log files

crash files

track files

router settings

PC specs

DCS version number

Any mods that you have installed and are running

attach the .miz file that caused the crash

dxdiag files

Can I replicate the problem on a friends PC or server?

etc

Thats just a few I can think of off the top of my head, I'm sure there are more and the content will depend on the nature of the problem you are having.

Just telling us what happened and fix it please I'm afraid is of little help for such a complex piece of software (my testers build just hit 12GB! not many games out there can match that).

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

I'm just rolling my eyes here.

Okay- tell you what. I'll stack up 10-15 different files for you... and while I'm at it... how about I bake a cake to plead for attention.

Go drop a F$%$#ing CBU and see it for yourself.

Fack I'm sick of this. I can't even upload the GD files. Invalid file eh?!

Idiotic.

• Like 2

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Okay- tell you what. I'll stack up 10-15 different files for you... and while I'm at it... how about I bake a cake to plead for attention.

Idiotic.

How to report a problem:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=59946

Kindly comply.

Further be aware that your attitude is doing you no favours and further posts in contravention of the forum rules will be summarily removed without notice and subject to the relevant sanction. I trust that this will not be necessary.

Ta

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Idiotic.

Stop crying like a child and making yourself look idiotic in the process. Bugs in games like this are the result of a ton of different variables which ed need to try and isolate as much as possible to find out what the problem is. Having a tantrum instead of contributing constructively to help ed does nothing to help anyone.

I feel obligated to point out that even though the attitude in this thread got off to a bad start, the undeniable fact is that those weapons do completely destroy performance when used thanks to the new, not fully optimized explosion effects. Simply drop a CBU-87 and observe the ensuing slideshow. I would hate to see an obvious issue get overlooked due to a less than stellar forum post.

I feel obligated to point out that even though the attitude in this thread got off to a bad start, the undeniable fact is that those weapons do completely destroy performance when used thanks to the new, not fully optimized explosion effects. Simply drop a CBU-87 and observe the ensuing slideshow. I would hate to see an obvious issue get overlooked due to a less than stellar forum post.

Kindly invite you to read post #2 AGAIN!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If they can make penicillin out of moldy bread, they can certainly make something out of you"

-Muhammad Ali

WIN 7 64-bit SP1 | AMD Phenom II X4 955 | 8.0 GB RAM | NVidia GeForce GTX 550Ti | CH Pro Throttle | CH Fighterstick | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR5

Those things are very useful for more complex and obscure bugs. However, this issue is easily replicated by simply dropping a CBU, as I said. If I were at home, I'd love to post a track, but I'm not. This issue appears in both SP and MP, and there isn't a game crash in SP, so most of those logs don't apply anyway.

Surely a track isn't required for the CBU issue? I cannot imagine ED not being aware of this.

A track is always required for everything.

Honestly, I would not risk being perceived as a bumblin' idiot for ALWAYS repeating the same old song, ie at the very least 'Please provide a Track'.

Alas, I Persevere and Do.

For good reason, already explained in previous posts in other threads, one being to save me/us time. Kindly do the decent thing and at least abide by the request, alternatively tell me/us why you cannot provide one. Do not merely tell me/us to 'Go drop a F$%$#ing CBU and see it for yourself'.

I/we can definitely spend our time better than to be berated, investigating issues of persons that actually take the time to abide by reasonable requests.

Help us to help you.

Edited by 159th_Viper

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The reason I ask is because this is such an old and seemingly ubiquitous bug. I am convinced that this has been discussed/reported before (it's been this way for several versions), and if no-one has posted a track yet I'd be very surprised indeed.

Do not merely tell me/us to 'Go drop a F$%$#ing CBU and see it for yourself'.

I haven't and wouldn't. But, I have to ask, can you see the point that guy is trying to make: that it will actually be faster for you to create a mission and test it (by adding a player Hog with a CBU, and immediately dropping it on the ground) than to watch a customer track?

As there seems to be a need for it, I've attached a very short track displaying the issue.

CBU.trk

Edited by Corrigan

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

....that it will actually be faster for you to create a mission and test it (by adding a player Hog with a CBU, and immediately dropping it on the ground) than to watch a customer track?

How can it be slower to watch a track?

Hitting the 'REPLAY' tab is much faster than opening the editor, placing the airframe on the map and configuring, adding ordinance and hitting 'fly', especially when I have to test this over three versions.

In any event and as stated, there is good reason for the request. Let us decide whether the track is actually needed. Rest assured that in 99.9% of cases it will be.

Thanx for the track btw :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In that point I assumed that you flying will be able to reproduce the issue (= drop a CBU immediately) faster than the average customer. I think that's likely. Maybe it isn't, in which case I'm perfectly prepared to concede that point. In any case it won't be much faster.

But, as I said, the primary reason I assumed a track wasn't needed is the age and prevalence of the bug.

Do you get the slowdown watching that track?

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

To confirm, the matter is currently residing with the Dev-in-Charge in the bug factory.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This issue has been in this series since flamming cliffs...to ask for a full bug report is retarded,especially when its been posted/reported on this forum a million f-ing times

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

I honestly do not know why I bother. Now requests from testers are labelled as 'retarded'.

I think this thread has served it's purpose.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]