GAU-8 impacts make no sound

Corrigan

if your talking about the sound from a external view point then i would say it would be nice to have the sound back. but if your talking about the sound from sitting inside the cockpit, i personly wouldnt expect to be able to hear the impact sounds of the rounds when inside the aircraft

Jesse

if your talking about the sound from a external view point then i would say it would be nice to have the sound back. but if your talking about the sound from sitting inside the cockpit, i personly wouldnt expect to be able to hear the impact sounds of the rounds when inside the aircraft

Jesse

movie making and external cam placement hear the rounds hit on impact for a10 is a must.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I really don't understand what's broken to take that much time :/

It's not easy to find someone to stand on target range, holding a microphone, while an A-10 tries very hard not to hit him. ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

It's not what I mean, the files seem to be here but doesn't work :(

Btw you don't need someone to stand on the firing range, just let your camera :) @0:32

Strike Posture Set CAS Center of Excellence

Intel Core i5 4690k @4,6Ghz, Gigabyte GTX 970 OC, Gigabyte Z97-X, 16GB G Skill Sniper @2400, Samsung 860/850 EVO , Win 10 64 bits, Dual monitors 27"@144"Opentrack + TM Warthog + Saitek pro flight combat 

Yep the bullets going speed of sound are missing, though it's kinda tricky to implement because it depends of the position you're watching from. If you're close from the target, the sound of the bullet travelling should come at impact. I believe the impact sound is a mix between ricochets, gravels blown away and other particles flying away but not really audible.

Strike Posture Set CAS Center of Excellence

Intel Core i5 4690k @4,6Ghz, Gigabyte GTX 970 OC, Gigabyte Z97-X, 16GB G Skill Sniper @2400, Samsung 860/850 EVO , Win 10 64 bits, Dual monitors 27"@144"Opentrack + TM Warthog + Saitek pro flight combat