[QUESTION] Clickable cockpit but centered/fixed cursor?

orion310591

I have read this

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=88060

C:\ProgramFiles\EgaleDynamics\DCSBlackshark2\Scrip ts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\clickable_common.lua
Scroll down to the bottom and change use_click_and_pan_mode = false to use_click_and_pan_mode = true and save!

and I got it working, but, I have only keyboard and mouse (I also have some usb joysticks but i cant bind anything on them) and I cant buy TrackIR or anything like that, and my question is, what I need to do, when I press Alt+C to get my mouse cursor (cross) fixed in middle of the screen and visible all the time, and be able to click on instruments?

I have version 1.1.1.1. so if u have solution for this version please post it so I can change what I need...

after changing to true in .lua, i am able to move camera and click, but cursor moves left when i move camera to left, its kinda hard... it would be extra easy if cursor stand still in middle of the screen

how can i get it working like that?

Thanks for reading.

It is not possible to have the cursor fixed to the middle of the screen. The method you've highlighted above actually originated from a bug in the original Black shark - many found it useful and it was made an option.

It is an unsupported feature, sorry.

Nate

It is not possible to have the cursor fixed to the middle of the screen. The method you've highlighted above actually originated from a bug in the original Black shark - many found it useful and it was made an option.

It is an unsupported feature, sorry.

Nate

damn... its quite hard to use numbers to look around :S :( its a must have feature for next version then :( a lot of ppl have only keyboard and mouse, if u understand me...

i'm disappointed...

If you don't have the disposable funds to purchase TrackIR, but do have a webcam, check out FaceTrackNOIR. Free software, and all it needs is a webcam.

You can also use snapviews to flick between fixed view positions for various instruments and consoles.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

...I have only keyboard and mouse (I also have some usb joysticks but i cant bind anything on them)...

If you tell us what type of stick you have, anything USB should work, perhaps we can help get that working for you. That, and using snap views, as EtherealN suggests, should improve your experience.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I was wrong, its not joystick, its joypad (on english), im not from UK or USA so its joystick where i live, i have game bird joypad on usb (with analog sticks and vibration)... it works ok with PES13, moto gp etc... also i was using these on flight simulator X

can this feature for free look + centered mouse be requested/suggested or considered to work on it?

whole simulator is so great but this is such a handicap for me and others using keyboard+mouse... :(

im kinda pissed off for missing this feature xD

it would be really great to look and click on instruments with mouse in one hand, and to steer with another hand... :(

Edited by orion310591

If it worked in FSX then it 'should' work with DCS too. Does DCS even see the controller?

As for the request, anything is possible of course and the developers do read the forums.

There is a wish list area here. It never hurts to make the request.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: