1.2.1 'Hidden on map' not working?

BaD CrC

Hidden on map applies to hidden on the ME map only, not the F-10 map, in 1.2.1 - this will be changed back again. The reason it was changed was because hiding units from the Mission Planner broke CAs battlefield commander and the Fog of War function of the F-10 map.

Another solution to CAs functions being broken is being sought though.

Nate

Edited by Nate--IRL--

IIRC Units "Hidden" from the Mission Editor/Planner in your version follow the Fog of War rules at all times in the F-10 map, even when "ALL" is selected in the options for F-10. The Battlefield commander will always be able to Discover units in accordance with the FoW rules.

However. This has been changed for the next major version and you will not be able to Hide units and have them Discoverable by the battlefield commander. You must show all units in the Mission Planner before the mission starts or the Battlefield commander will not function correctly.

Suffice to say this is less than Ideal.

Nate

If you set fog of war. You will only see friendlies and enemies in range of friendlies. I am starting to like this option for mp. You can have the ground commander at as atc this way.

I don't think the hidden check matters anymore. You can see all units.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't think the hidden check matters anymore. You can see all units.

Currently it matters if you want to prevent showing the entire enemy layout in the Mission planner before the mission starts, effectively bypassing the whole premise of the FoW, before the mission even starts.

So fog of war is always on now?

If Hidden is selected, yes - the unit is subject to the FoW rules.

For example the "ALL" F-10 setting shows all the enemy units except those that are "Hidden" - these are in the FoW.

Nate

Edited by Nate--IRL--

Ok. Played my mission with 7 others pilots.

Everything was visible on ABRIS as nothing has been hidden as recommanded. You can ask a pilot not to look at the F10 map, but it's hard to tell him not to look at his ABRIS with all those little blue circles telling him his about to get into troubles. Anyway.

Tried the 'allied' only F10 view, but the f10 map options in the ME options menu are all greyed out. Any other way to set the fog of war or ´my a/c' only on?

My ground commander was very busy in tasking the a10 and su25, but was wishing not to be able to see that much in detail as he wanted a more real life experience with CA.

Edited by BaD CrC