Fast Recover from 'Invulnerable' Crashes

Mar

Unsure if this has been requested before, but I would like a "cheat" key command that will get you back in the air after you crash while trying to learn a DCS plane with invulnerability on.

This command should do the following: immediately reposition your plane to a level attitude 500' AGL your current location, keep the heading you were pointing while on the ground, and launch you to 200 mph. You should be able to clean up your plane (raise gear/flaps) if need while on the ground before using the command.

This would be preferable to spending another 5 minutes reloading the simulator.

Conditions for the command should be that you are stationary and on the ground, so you can't use it to warp under the enemy fighter/SAM coverage zone. (Note: Not completely stationary mind you, these things really like to bounce around while sitting on the canopy with the engines going)

Pretty please?:worthy:

From the shadows of war's past a demon of the air rises from the grave.

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"

Go to Briefing in the ESC menu and hit fly. This only works if your aircraft is destroyed, or you have ejected.

Nate

I believe you also need to check "permit crash RCVR" in the options menu, or in the mission editor for the specific mission for this to work

System specifications: Computer, joystick, DCS world, Beer

So that's why RShoft+RCtrl Tab wasn't working, have to bail out first. Well, it's not exactly what I'd like, but I guess I just need to start in the air from now on.

Sorry about wasting a wish.

From the shadows of war's past a demon of the air rises from the grave.

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"