Overweight pay,load warning.

awdrgyjo

That's warning about your MTOW.

Maximum Takeoff Weight does not mean "it is impossible to take off and fly if you exceed this". It means you are leaving safe operating parameters, which are there that you have sufficient margins before bad things start happening. Remember also that for a safe takeoff, you need not only be able to take off: you also need to be able to ABORT the takeoff roll! If you are very heavy, this can get dicy. You don't want to leave the runway and frolick in the dirt because your plane took a bird in the engine during takeoff roll and you were too heavy to stop and also too heavy to get off the ground now that you only have one engine running...

Compare for example to limits in load factor for aircraft; generally speaking, if the aircraft is limited to 10 positive Gs, it's structural point of failure is at 15 Gs. The difference between the limit and the actual failure point is there to allow for material fatigue and other such factors. Same thing with your MTOW.

Note also that MTOW is not necessarily a weight that would make the aircraft impossible to fly once airborne. For example, carrier aircraft can often be found to take off at MTOW but with little fuel, and then do an aerial refueling after takeoff to fill the tanks; making it fly at above MTOW.

Edited by EtherealN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Nikola: the latter are MPTOW - Maximum Permissable TakeOff Weight.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

it means you have to drop all the shit off before even thinking about making stunts with sub 100 weights... gun runs and hard pull ups (-ve G's) included.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Considering the TODA will vary at different airfields, as will the wind, and the temp, is the sim clever enough to take this into consideration, or is the MTOW generic for all locations, and conditions.,

You can easily see in the ME that it does not change if you change the weather. I beleive the number used is right from the manual and is considered MTOW (period).

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

MTOW is a fixed value. MPTOW is different, you have to see the performance graphics to find that value. It's even more critical in helicopters. So it's understandable that the sim does not give you that value... Mmm... It's developers way to say; "Don't be lazy!".

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits