Modified Versions of FC2 on the Same PC?

I uninstalled my original FC2 and reinstalled it.

I have a pure LockOn Platinum boxed set for the basic installation of FC2 installed to a unique directory that is not C:\Program Files (x86). I then updated to the latest and current version for FC2. I then added the VNAO mod using the recommended Modman utility for the aircraft carrier community to be used only on the Stallturn server in Multiplayer. I now can only play FC2 on the Stallturn server. This works fine currently.

I was told, by I think it was Moa, to save out the virgin installation of FC2, not modified, in a separate directory to play on the the general use servers in Multiplayer. And to create another separate directory for the 104th Phoenix mod to play on their server. I have tried, but not succeeded in doing this. Is this possible to do in Windows 7, 64 bit? And if so, how?

(I do have the 104th Phoenix mod for Black Shark 1 that allows me to use the helicopter on the 104th's server as well as the same 104th mod functions quite fine also on the Stallturn server. But this installation is specific only for BS1.)

I figure, if not possible to setup multiple FC2 directories, to keep my FC2 mod for the VNAO's Stallturn server. Then with the soon to be released FC3, use that for general server use or mod it for the 104th Phoenix.

(Edit October 8, 2012) :

Currently researching this topic: "Multiple installations of LockOn FC2"

============================================

https://www.google.com/search?q=Multiple+installations+of+LockOn+FC2&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Found answer:

==========

http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2971

Source:

======

http://forum.virtualthunderbirds.com/viewtopic.php?p=29893&sid=1e935cae04094867b4331af4c51dcb09

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another How-To and adding the French Jets Mod,

this is the procedure I used and it works great for FC2 by "Emmer" :

===========================================

A tutorial to setup a multiple installation of LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2.

Download the ADA - MOD v2 from LockonFiles ; http://www.lockonfiles.com/index.php/files/download/2147-ada-mod-v2/

Save it somewhere.

ADA MOD V2 installation.

1.Make a copy of your original FC2 directory e.g.: D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2

2.Rename it: D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2\ADA MOD

3.Now go to D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2\ADA MOD\D:\bin\x86\stable look for launcher.exe and simulator.exe

Make shortcuts of them ; next you drag your shortcuts to your desktop ; close the ADA MOD window ; rename launcher.exe in e.g.:

LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2 - ADA MOD ; and simulator .exe into : LockOn FC2 Multiplayer - ADA MOD.

4. Go to original FC2 exe shortcut on your desktop ; rightmouseclick ; properties ; copy the first line :

"D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2\bin\x86\stable\Launcher.exe" --console ;close that window.

5. Go to FC2 ADA MOD.exe shortcut on your desktop; rightmouseclick ; properties ; go to the first line paste

"D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2\bin\x86\stable\Launcher.exe" --console

6. Go to Start in or Begin in and delete \bin\x86\stable ; now it says "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2 - ADA MOD" ; close this window.

7. Go to original FC2 Multiplayer.exe shortcut on your desktop ; rightmouseclick ; properties ; copy the first line :

"D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2\bin\x86\stable\simulator.exe" --net gui

8. Go to FC2 Multiplayer - ADA MOD.exe shortcut on your desktop; rightmouseclick ; properties ; go to the first line paste

"D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2\bin\x86\stable\simulator.exe" --net gui

9. Go to Start in or Begin in and delete \bin\x86\stable; now it says "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2 - ADA MOD" ; close this window.

10.Open ModMan: go to the right top arrow ; click it ; leftclick that folder icon and search for the ADA MOD root; :\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2 - ADA MOD\ ;click ok.

11.Open Mods Installer : Add the ADA - MOD click install ; close ModMan.

12.If you click on your LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2 - ADA MOD desktop icon , the ADA - MOD works.

This is for me in general the best way for multiple installations of LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2.

You do not lose your settings, except for the new aircraft of course ; you need setting them up in the FC2 options menu.

I hope i help you out here.

Good luck!

Cheers,

Emmer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And this helps with Modman how-to:

=======================

http://www.virtualnavairops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2782

Edited by ErichVon