New winter textures needed

Spetz

I have no idea how hard it would be to implement, but flying in winter at -22'c, should seem like flying in winter,at -22'c. The ground looks like it has a very slight dusting of snow, and doesn't represent winter properly at all IMO. Where's all the snow??

Anyone else?

Its not only winter texture who need to be changed :megalol:

I know i get out ->[] :D

Edit : +1 Britchot

CPU : I7 6700k, MB : MSI Z170A GAMING M3, GC : EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 GAMING iCX, RAM : DDR4 HyperX Fury 4 x 8 Go 2666 MHz CAS 15, STORAGE : Windows 10 on SSD, games on HDDs.

Hardware used for DCS : Pro, Saitek pro flight rudder, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift.

Own : A-10C, Black Shark (BS1 to BS2), P-51D, FC3, UH-1H, Combined Arms, Mi-8MTV2, AV-8B, M-2000C, F/A-18C, Hawk T.1A

Want : F-14 Tomcat, Yak-52, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E, MiG-21Bis, F-86F, MAC, F-16C, F-15E.

Most temperate climates don't have heavy snow on the ground, more often than not. AFAIK, it doesn't snow very much in the subtropical areas of Georgia and the Kuban, so a one-size-fits-all heavy snow texture would be inappropriate. The mountain areas already have heavy snowcaps.

Mission design helps with this too, always remember to set the day to 200 in the editor so you get the correct angle of the sun in the sky for winter, so it's representative of december/january (leaving the day at 0 means its set at default june 1st, it looks quite odd with the sun overhead with lying snow!)

Thanks Mustang. Never knew (my bad) about setting the proper day.

I take it June 1st is day 0 of the year, which would make 0+200 on or about the 18th Dec (2012)?

Going to try this out tonight after work..

Edited by Spetz

Thanks Mustang. Never knew (my bad) about setting the proper day.

I take it June 1st is day 0 of the year, which would make 0+200 on or about the 18th Dec (2012)?

Going to try this out tonight after work..

The sim is built around a specific date/year but I can't recall what year it is.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I tried it out last night. Day 200 set it to Dec 18th 2011 in the mission brief. It didn't make any difference to the actual ground (obviously), but the lighting made it look alot different. I've had all my missions on 0 since the beginning. It would still be nice to have a nice blanket of snow in the region though during winter..

Thanks for the info.

Very cool, I always wondered why the sun seems to rise and set at the same time when I would set a different season.

Any good reasons why the ME wouldn't do this automatically for the selected season?

This idea has already been floated to the devs by the testers, so maybe in future it might be automated on season :)

edit: added a few screenshots showing the beauty of a properly configured winters day.

Edited by Mustang