Sun glare through cockpit

Gryzor

I had been meaning to bring that up.

Blinded.jpg

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Seemed a little overdone to me, but what do I know.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

HDR.fx was changed in recent versions, try reverting to this older version if you dislike the current one (extract to Bazar\shaders\PostMotionEffect\HDR) i will ask the devs if they can investigate.

edit: attachment removed due to version incompatibility

Edited by Mustang

HDR.fx was changed in recent versions, try reverting to this older version if you dislike the current one (extract to Bazar\shaders\PostMotionEffect\HDR) i will ask the devs if they can investigate.

Thanks for the FX shader file - but it fixes/changes nothing.

As mentioned before :

Originally Posted by Mustang viewpost.gif

Yes i've been using the most recent 1.2.1 with your mod along with the nvd.fx, i haven't had to do anything to get it all to work, it just does smile.gif

Thanks for answer.

... I did run a couple of tests again - I don't get my modified nvd.fx shown up in the sim.

I can even brake the file - that would normally cause a crash when switching the NVG On.... but they still work.

As Sumerion confirms : It will always look like the default.

I have the suspicion that "our" version has compiled shaders and don't reads the functions - while the "Tester" version uses the original files.

Same applies to the HDR.fx.

It is not possible for the end-user to use edited shader files anymore.

Besides the new subtitle glare that is always visible - even if the sun is hidden - I noticed this annoyance :

newsun.jpg

Ok... It works... Less glare and the HUD is visible most of the time...

Changed the graphics.cfg, inserted Mustang's hdr.fx an I copy-pasted the diveplanes 3 "smaller sunmod" files which I used in 1.2.0 and which I like...

PeterP can you explain the purpose of the other changed files from your Realistc Sun 1.2.4, the difference regarding diveplanes 3 sun files for HDR folder, and what would be the right thing to do/use for 1.2.1?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...

PeterP can you explain the purpose of the other changed files from your Realistic Sun 1.2.4, the difference regarding diveplanes 3 sun files for HDR folder,

Diviplanes mod only changes the look of the Rays - without resizing the glow/sun-disk.

The "Realistic Sun 1.2.4" changes also the shaders how the Sun-disk is rendered and makes the sun much smaller.

And we now have a modified variant of the "alternate version when flickering" in 1.2.2"

...and what would be the right thing to do/use for 1.2.1?
It's really up to you...

I use now the HDR.fx that Mustang has posted (without the constant Glare).

But I raised the power of the HDR-effect, so I have back the missing simulation of readjusting the eyes to the light strength . This effect isn't working right now with the default 1.2.2 files.

My edit:

\DCS World\Bazar\shaders\sky\skyQuad.fx line #49

Out.cOut.xyz = tex2D(mySampler, tex0) + step(0.84, D) * 260.0 * HDR;

Edited by PeterP

Here is my final verdict and guide...

Config file fix from this post:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1574003&postcount=11

Mustang's HDR file from this post:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1573391&postcount=7

Mustang's overcast fix from here (cause it didn't make it into 1.2.1):

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1530997&postcount=1

Diveplanes files from here (like the little "sun tears" in the corner):

http://files.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/202346/

And finally, from your archive:

http://files.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/214328/

...I used only skyQuad.fx with the abovementioned change of HDR value in line #49

Out.cOut.xyz = tex2D(mySampler, tex0) + step(0.4, D) * [b]260.0[/b] * HDR;

I didn't touch the 0.4 value, and the "eyes to sun glare" adaptation is working...

There is this one problem, if I put the sky.fx file from your archive, it breaks my game giving this error in dcs.log:

0011.708 ERROR   DXRENDERER: Can't create effect: sky/sky.fx. Reason: C:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Bazar\shaders\sky\sky.fx(131,15): error X3004: undeclared identifier 'fogCalcMiaAttenuation'

...so I kept stuck to the original sky.fx.

I didn't change the shaders for terrain and water neither, cause in this thread:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92125

it says z-fighting fix made it into 1.2.1 and it is practically the same files and I was affraid to change them... should I have? Is the z-fighting fixed in your archive files in the the same way it is fixed in 1.2.1?

I hurt my head figuring and writing this out... hope it helps someone... :smartass:

Edited by Aries

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...

• 4 months later...

I'm also a big fan of the mods (was using PeterP's Realistic Sun 1.2.4 until reading this thread and integrating the mods listed above), but I just went to 3 monitors (left to right: viewscreen 1920x1080, LMFCD,RMFCD both 1024x1280, total res 3968x1080) and the sun rays now only show up when the sun borders on the left side of the camera.

I assume this has to do with how DCSW treats its image as an entire resolution (rather than discreet displays), which PeterP eloquently captured here, but I was wondering if there has been any progress in assigning these values in config files to conform to custom monitor setups.

I'm also wondering the answer to Aries' latest question as well.