Flickering Clouds

Having an issue with flickering clouds with the latest version of DCS World(A10). This is a fresh install on a newly built computer(specs in sig). Latest nVidia drivers installed.

Video shows issue.

Here's a pic of my current settings. I have most everything cranked as my system should be able to handle it. In troubleshooting, I tried many many combinations of settings including the base low|medium|High. None of the check box settings, nor HDR/MSAA/cockpit rez/etc. made a difference.

launcher201210081747142.jpg

Corsair Graphite 780T / ASUS Maximus VIII Hero / i7-6700K@4.5GHz / Corsair H110i / 32GB DDR4 PC-2666 / ASUS 1080 Strix / EVGA 850 Pro / Samsung 950 Pro M.2 SSD / Win10x64 / Samsung UN48JU7500 4k / Logitech G910/933 KB/Headphones / Razer Naga Epic Mouse / MFG Crosswinds / TM HOTAS Warthog / HTC Vive

have you set your user video profile? and make sure adaptive anti aliasing is off.

if your OCing it the GYX680 try turning it back to stock speeds. ah SLI. and turn off SLI. also

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Thanks Mastiff! SLI was the issue. This is the first SLI rig I've put together so I haven't paid attention to potential issues in the past.

So does SLI not work at all with DCS or is this just rare card/driver issue?

TBH, just one of these cards is more than enough and I was getting smooth fps with everything cranked so I'm not really concerned.

Corsair Graphite 780T / ASUS Maximus VIII Hero / i7-6700K@4.5GHz / Corsair H110i / 32GB DDR4 PC-2666 / ASUS 1080 Strix / EVGA 850 Pro / Samsung 950 Pro M.2 SSD / Win10x64 / Samsung UN48JU7500 4k / Logitech G910/933 KB/Headphones / Razer Naga Epic Mouse / MFG Crosswinds / TM HOTAS Warthog / HTC Vive

Thanks Mastiff! SLI was the issue. This is the first SLI rig I've put together so I haven't paid attention to potential issues in the past.

So does SLI not work at all with DCS or is this just rare card/driver issue?

TBH, just one of these cards is more than enough and I was getting smooth fps with everything cranked so I'm not really concerned.

well TBH I think SLI will go to the way side to me its a gimmick, more powerful CPU, and GPU's coming out and with the sandwich GPU, CPU's together making it far faster and faster. you won't even remember SLI.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

at least until we move from polygon rendered graphics to particle rendered graphics where even todays 680s would choke on a simple 720p scene

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 1 year later...

Hi Guys,

I fly with the P51 Mod installed. I downloaded the new patch and with all seetign the same Im haveing a flickering cloud issue now.

Im using GTX 690. There was no setting that I saw for adative SLI in the Nvidia control panel.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.