help what happens......

lillen

yesterday i bougt the downloadable version of flaming cliff for 18.99$ because i really love LOMAC well now the boring begins.....i installed flaming cliffs and registerd it for starforce no problems so far, but when i should play the game not load up,i can hear the same sound as in LOMAC when u start it and then there it is totally stop no more happens ...... one more thing now it is impossible to play LOMAC to it happens the same thing as with flaming cliffs only the start up sound and nothing more ......and yes i have tried to reinstall both lomac and flaming cliffs and the same thing happens, i can play lomac terrific without any problems IF I DON'T INSTALL AND TRY TO RUN FLAMING CLIFF'S ...so dear friends WHAT shall i possible do after i have installed the FC i get a message after the last activation session and it says: "warning! please remove manually windows menu items for obsolete lock on versions" what the **** is wrong with my new game ....and no i do not run any other progs at the same time, my computer is up to date with latest updates

CPU:AMD64 3200+

Graphics:ATI Radeon 9800 Pro with latest catalyst drivers rad_w2kxp_omega_2675a_7z

RAM: 1024 DDR

WinXP Pro with all latest updates

i don't know what to do and i have not have the chanse to even look at it i'm so ****ing disapointed that it wont work cuz as i earlier wrote i love play LOMAC and i really want to play flaming cliffs please anyone .....i'm i alone with this problem,what can i do,what is wrong , and NO I WONT SPEND ANOTHER 19$ that would pissed me off and i would stop playing LOMAC to.

• 2 weeks later...

What resolution were you running LockOn with before.

could quite possibly be screen resolution problem.

Go here..

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On\Config\graphics.cfg

You will see three resolution settings.

change them to 1024,768. (DisplayMode,Interface,Simulation)

Just a guess, hope it helps.

dredd4hd0.jpg

---= 169th Panthers -Flt Lt.- =---

http://www.169thpanthers.com.au

tbdreddey7.png

AMD64 S939 3700 | 2GB Corsair DDR500 | 21" CRT

ATI Radeon X800Pro | 2x36GB WD Raptors | SB Audigy

TIR3 | TM-868 | X52 | CH Pedals | Creative 5.1 Spkrs

Hello lillen,

yesterday i bougt the downloadable version of flaming cliff for 18.99$ because i really love LOMAC well now the boring begins.....i installed flaming cliffs and registerd it for starforce no problems so far, but when i should play the game not load up,i can hear the same sound as in LOMAC when u start it and then there it is totally stop no more happens ......

I remember that some users have reported this problem in the past..

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=10711&highlight=video+codecs

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=7534&page=1&pp=10&highlight=startup

....and that the problem was caused by an incompatibility with codec packs - try removing any codec pack installed on your system to see if this fixes the problem :)

..after i have installed the FC i get a message after the last activation session and it says: "warning! please remove manually windows menu items for obsolete lock on versions"

This has nothing to do with the above problem. This message simply means that you should manually delete the old Lock-on desktop/menu shortcuts. The reason for this is that the original lock-on V1.0X uninstaller becomes obsolete after FC has been installed and that - in case you want to uninstall FC again - you must use the uninstaller included with the new Lock-on 1.1 menu group.

Hope this was useful

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ

Deletion of folders?

Hi there, lillen

Your specs are app. like mine and I am running everything ok.

1. Did you install your FC on a freshly installed Lock on version 1.00?

If not it could be a factor in the "un-running" of FC

When re-installing:

1. Did you back up your Registry-entry of FC? You can back up your unique registry-entry through the tool from ED (located in your Lock On-folder). It is installed through FC and you use it to prevent you spend your limited registrations through reinstallations of FC. Also backup your flightstick-files.

2. Uninstall.

3. Remove all Lock On-referrals from your Registry-database - there are several free tools on the net - this isn't at demand from ED to make FC work, but better safe than sorry.

3. Physically remove all Lock On-folders from your "Program Files/Ubisoft"-folders - and i mean manually deletion.

4. Reboot.

THEN you should be ready to reinstall. And first Lock On - no patching required. THEN run the registry-backup-thing again (I think) Then install FC, then patch to 1.11. - I am not 100% sure when you should add your registry-entry - before or after the installation of FC.

It should help you - I found out the hard way by rushing things and not reading everything - I had problems after 1.11 - but I didn't read the sentence about it is not recommended to install 1.11 when addons are installed.

Good Luck

Hehe, lillen. Maybe you should pay more attention to JJ than me.

Was writing at the exact same time :)

Hehe....bedre sent end aldrig ;)

You are of course right that the optimal procedure is to apply V1.1 to a freshly installed V1.00. But the problem lillen reports sounds quite familiar and I don't think it is due to a messy installation/installation procedure, but rather the above mentioned codec incompatibility.

Anyway, it is worth checking before moving on to the more radical measures :)

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ

Hehe....bedre sent end aldrig ;)

Ja, sådan kan det gå ;)

I completely agree with you, JJ, but I haven't tried the codec-problems myself, so I... kinda forgot they existed [embarassed look on my face].

Well, back to work, and hope it helps, lillen.