Torchlight II or Jagged Alliance BIA?

leafer

I know they of two very different genres, and I was going to buy JA, but hesitated since the game received mostly 3 star. I then stumbled on Torchlight II and really liked the graphics. I'm not a big fan of fantasy genre but it has gotten some really glowing reviews, so what do you guys think?

EDIT-- I'm downloading torch demo so never mind.

Edited by leafer

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

I know they of two very different genres, and I was going to buy JA, but hesitated since the game received mostly 3 star. I then stumbled on Torchlight II and really liked the graphics. I'm not a big fan of fantasy genre but it has gotten some really glowing reviews, so what do you guys think?

EDIT-- I'm downloading torch demo so never mind.

I played the Torchlight demo. Its ok, but *I* get bored with Diablo style clicky gameplay. Cool loot, and fast paced if you like that sort of thing. A bit reptative even after only playing the demo.

I also purchased Jagged Allaince BIA about a week ago. With the new patches, its plays well, but the camera angle is frustrating as hell. Enemies seem to "cheat" but it could be I just suck. But I like the gameplay so far. It is tough though.

I also just bought Xcom last night. Have not had a chance to play it yet, but looks promising.

i5 3570k @ 4.3

560ti GTX 2gig

8gig RAM

Intel SSD

Win7 64bit

Just tried Torchlight 2 demo only to find out I still don't like these kind of games. I'm sure it's great stuff for its intended audience but it didn't do anything for me. I'm definitely getting XCOM even though the demo left me scratching my head.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

Just tried Torchlight 2 demo only to find out I still don't like these kind of games. I'm sure it's great stuff for its intended audience but it didn't do anything for me. I'm definitely getting XCOM even though the demo left me scratching my head.

Thats the exact way I felt about Torchlight. Not bad, just not my thing.

Dont worry about the demo of Xcom, it turned most people off. Good thing is, the demo is not like the game at all. Only played for a bit, but so far so good. There are a few minor issues, but I have not come across anything gamebreaking...yet.

i5 3570k @ 4.3

560ti GTX 2gig

8gig RAM

Intel SSD

Win7 64bit

50 bucks...OUCH! I'll still get it but man.. Just curious but I guess you can play the beta with the pre-purchase?

Beta? For X-com?

I am playing the full game now. Its actually quite a blast once you start getting upgrades and whatnot.

i5 3570k @ 4.3

560ti GTX 2gig

8gig RAM

Intel SSD

Win7 64bit

Decision, decision.... FC3 + Lomac + Huey or XCOM. Hmmm Think ill stick with ED. :)

Yeah, I would rather have FC3 and the Huey, no contest but.....they are not out anytime soon so I threw my cash at X-com for the time being. It was that or CA.

i5 3570k @ 4.3

560ti GTX 2gig

8gig RAM

Intel SSD

Win7 64bit

...when steam has its sale.

Now there is something you can count on! ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I do want XCOM but fifty dollars for one game is a bit much for me. If it does get glowing review across-the-board then I'll definitely buy it when steam has its sale.

Well, it does seem to be getting glowing reviews, but I wouldn't trust those blindly and it also depends on your expectations.

E.g. for the XCOM, didn't have a chance to see it yet, but talked to a few friends which say it's disappointing and very limited and generally a far cry from the original game.

Jagged Alliance BiA, on the other hand, has a good graphics engine, decent combat and most of the needed elements, but somehow when put together, it simply lacks charm, depth and an involving storyline. I tried it and while it can be occasionally addictive, I think it's rather dull and unimmersive compared to the original games. You just go on liberating one location by another without any real sense of accomplishment or the other side working very actively to beat you (apart from occasionally spawned patrols). The only thing to keep you going were maybe the new weapons, but long before the very lackluster ending, I was already past caring. It was definitely an error trying to copy the original storyline which made all the lack of finesse just that much more apparent.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!